EDINBURGH, June 16 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen
opening down 13 points, or 0.2 percent lower on Monday, according to financial
bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* Britain's benchmark FTSE 100 equity index fell 1 percent to
6,777.85 points on Friday, its lowest close since late April, hit by a rise in
sterling after Bank of England Governor Mark Carney hinted that interest rates
may rise earlier than the market had been expecting.
* VODAFONE - The UK telecom group will offer 1.49 euros a share to
buy out shareholders in Cobra Automotive Technologies, in a deal
valuing the Italian auto security systems group at around 145 million euros
* BP - A U.S. judge set a May 2015 trial date on Friday for the oil
major to face claims in a lawsuit accusing the company of misleading investors
about the severity of the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
U.S. District Judge Keith Ellison in Houston set the May 18, 2015 date
nearly a month after granting class certification to the shareholders in the
* RIO TINTO - Guinea's national assembly ratified an investment
framework on Saturday to enable the government to raise nearly $20 billion with
global miner Rio Tinto and Chinalco for Simandou South, Africa's
largest iron ore and infrastructure project.
* CENTRICA, BG GROUP - Sam Laidlaw, the boss of Centrica, has
ruled himself out of the running to take the top job at BG Group, the troubled
FTSE 100 energy group, according to Sky News.
* MITCHELLS & BUTLERS - The pub group said on Monday it acquired
rival operator Orchid Group for 266 million pounds in cash, in a deal which it
expects to lead to a double digit boost to earnings.
* ULTRA ELECTRONICS - The electronics company acquired Lab Impex
Systems ltd for a cash consideration of 3.2 million pounds.
* MAJESTIC WINE - The wine retailer announces a marginal rise in
full year profit and dividend.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* BridgeStation: view story .134
For more information on Top News visit
($1 = 0.7345 Euros)
(Reporting by Alistair Smout; editing by Blaise Robinson)