LONDON Jan 3 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening
up 8 points, or 0.1 percent higher, on Friday, according to financial
* The UK blue chip index closed 31.18 points lower on Thursday at 6,717.91,
as miners were hit by disappointing Chinese factory data.
* Signs of soft Chinese demand saw London copper slide around half a percent
on Friday, easing from a seven-month top as expectations of higher supplies and
concerns over Chinese growth weighed on the market.
* HOUSE OF FRASER - The British department stores group expects
to be listed by the end of the year even as it remains in exclusive talks
regarding a potential takeover by its French counterpart Galeries Lafayette
, the Times of London reported the chief executive officer of the
department store chain as saying.
* BP - U.S.-listed Kosmos Energy announced it has entered
into a rig share agreement with BP and AP Moller Maersk for
drilling operations in Morocco.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
CALEDONIA INVESTMENTS PLC Q3 TRADE
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134
For more information on Top News visit