(Adds futures, company news)
LONDON May 21 Britain's FTSE 100 index
is seen steadying on Wednesday, with the June futures contract
flat at 0640 GMT. For more on the factors affecting
European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed down by 42.55 points, or 0.6
percent, at 6,802.00 points on Tuesday, pressured by sell-offs
in mobile operator Vodafone and retailer Marks & Spencer
after disappointing forecasts from both companies.
* Bank of England minutes released on Wednesday will be
scrutinised for any evidence of dissent on the decision to keep
rates unchanged at this month's meeting.
* Stocks trading ex-dividend, namely Carnival,
Compass, HSBC and Intertek will knock
up to 5.42 points off the index on Wednesday.
* BURBERRY : The luxury brand met forecasts with an
8 percent rise in annual profit, though it reiterated that if
foreign exchange rates remain at current levels there will be a
material impact on 2014-15 profit.
* SSE : Britain's second-largest energy supplier
reported a 9.6 percent increase in 2014 full-year adjusted
pretax profit, rising to a better-than-expected 1.55 billion
pounds ($2.61 billion), boosted by a strong performance in its
electricity transmission operations.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* BridgeStation: view story .134
For more information on Top News visit
($1 = 0.5935 British Pounds)
(Reporting by Tricia Wright; Editing by Francesco Canepa and