LONDON, June 6 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening
up 16 to 20 points, or between 0.2 and 0.3 percent higher on Friday, according
to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks,
please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed 5.14 points lower on Thursday at 6,813.49.
* The index missed out on a broader rally among Europe's stock markets
Thursday, boosted by new European Central Bank (ECB) economic stimulus measures.
* U.S. markets set new records for the Dow and the S&P 500 indexes after the
ECB announcements, while Asian markets turned mixed.
* U.S. non-farm payrolls data and German industrial-output data were set to
dominate investor focus on Friday.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: KCOM Group will release preliminary trading
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* BridgeStation: view story .134
For more information on Top News visit
(Reporting by Lionel Laurent)