(Adds futures price, more company news items)
LONDON, June 26 Britain's FTSE 100 futures contract rose
0.2 percent by 0625 GMT on Thursday, with European equities expected to bounce
back from the previous session's retreat and track gains in Wall Street. For
more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index ended down 0.8 percent at 6,733.62 points - its
lowest close since April 28.
* BARCLAYS : The New York Attorney General on Wednesday filed a
securities fraud lawsuit against Barclays PLC for giving an unfair edge to its
U.S. high-frequency trading clients even as it claimed to be protecting other
customers from the traders.
* VODAFONE : Vodafone is set to gain unconditional EU approval for
its 7.2-billion-euro ($9.79 billion) bid for Spain's largest cable operator Ono
as regulators do not have competition concerns, three people familiar with the
matter said on Wednesday.
* DIXONS /CARPHONE WAREHOUSE : Dixons Retail, Europe's No. 2
electricals retailer, beat forecasts with an 76 percent rise in annual profit as
it prepares to merge with Carphone Warehouse.
* B.WIN PARTY : Online gambling company Bwin.Party Digital
Entertainment Plc is considering selling itself or part of the company as part
of a strategic review, Bloomberg reported on Thursday citing two sources.
* WOOD GROUP : Oil and gas services company John Wood Group expected
its full-year EBITA to be ahead of last year's result.
* OPHIR : Oil explorer Ophir Energy said on Thursday it failed to
find any significant volumes of oil at its Okala-1 well in the Mbeli Block
* UK PENSION REFORMS: Britain took a step closer to reforming pensions by
publishing draft legislation on Thursday that permits collective workplace
pension schemes, despite criticism of the plans by the industry.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* BridgeStation: view story .134
For more information on Top News visit
(Reporting by Sudip Kar-Gupta; editing by Blaise Robinson)