LONDON, July 2 Britain's FTSE 100 index
is seen opening down 2-8 points, or as much as 0.1 percent lower
on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the
factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* Futures for the index were flat at 0632 GMT.
* The UK blue chip index closed up 58.98 points, or 0.9
percent, at 6,802.92 points on Tuesday as mining stocks rallied
on robust data from China, the world's biggest metals consumer.
* Stocks trading without the attraction of their latest
dividend, namely Babcock International, British Land
, Burberry and Royal Mail will knock up
to 1.27 points off the FTSE 100 on Wednesday.
* British house prices rose at their fastest annual pace in
more than nine years last month, and prices in London have shown
their biggest jump in a generation, figures from mortgage lender
* TULLOW OIL : The oil and gas producer reported a
$415 million pretax write-off in net exploration in the first
half of 2014 after disappointing results in Mauritania, Ethiopia
* PERSIMMON : A strong first half from the
housebuilder lifts revenue by 33 percent.
* VODAFONE : Rumours did the rounds on Tuesday that
the telecoms firm could be weighing up a move for French group
Orange, according to the Daily Express market report.
* BARCLAYS : Barclays has hired one of British Prime
Minister David Cameron's most senior business advisers to join
the technology, media and telecommunication (TMT) team of its
investment banking arm, the Financial Times said.
* BRITISH GAS : British Gas is being forced to
compensate thousands of customers for providing inaccurate
savings estimates in the latest mis-selling episode to blight
the utility sector, Sky News reported.
* SPORTS DIRECT : British employer group, The
Institute of Directors, said it had "significant concerns" about
the latest bonus scheme proposed by Sports Direct.
* BP : Russia's Lukoil, British BP and trading firms
Trafigura and ATMI will supply Ecopetrol with gasoline,
diesel and jet fuel in July, after winning tenders launched in
June on the open market, according to Colombian import data and
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* BridgeStation: view story .134
For more information on Top News visit
(Reporting by Tricia Wright; Editing by Alistair Smout)