LONDON, July 4 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening
3 points higher on Friday, flat in percentage terms, according to financial
bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The blue-chip index closed 48.84 points higher, or 0.7 percent, at
6,865.21 points in the previous session, taking its gain since the start of July
to 1.8 percent.
* Futures for the index were flat at 0632 GMT.
* BT GROUP - BT has agreed an insurance and reinsurance deal to
protect its pension scheme against the costs associated with increases in life
expectancy. The former state telecoms group has the largest private sector
defined pension plan in Britain.
* EASYJET - The passenger number rose by 10 percent to 16 million in
* RYANAIR HOLDINGS - The company said its June traffic grew 5
* Brent futures held steady around $111 a barrel on signs of an improving
demand outlook, although the benchmark is still set to post its biggest weekly
loss since early January as supply worries that have rattled oil markets for
* London copper rose and was set to forge its biggest weekly climb in nine
months, as an upbeat U.S. jobs report fired optimism over economic growth.
* Trading activity was expected to be low, with the U.S. stock market, the
world's largest, shut for a national holiday.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* BridgeStation: view story .134
For more information on Top News visit
(Reporting by Atul Prakash; Editing by Francesco Canepa)