HONG KONG Feb 14 Hong Kong shares may edge
higher at the open on Thursday after a three day holiday, with
investors remaining cautious ahead of a G20 meeting this
Last Friday the Hang Seng Index ended up 0.2 percent
at 23,215.16 points. The China Enterprises Index of the
top Chinese listings in Hong Kong slipped 0.6 percent.
Elsewhere in Asia, Japan's Nikkei was up 0.1
percent, while South Korea's KOSPI was up 0.07 percent.
The market was closed on February 11-13 for the Chinese New
Year holidays. These are potential market movers on Thursday:
STOCKS TO WATCH
* Sateri Holdings Ltd said China's Ministry of
Commerce announced an antidumping investigation against pulp
products imported into mainland China originating from the U.S.,
Canada and Brazil.
* CITIC Resources Holdings Ltd agreed to subscribe
219.6 million Alumina shares, or a 7.8 percent of the
Australian bauxite miner, for A$271 million to expand its
investment in the aluminium sector.
* U.S. regulators have approved the $15.1 billion takeover
of Canadian oil and gas company Nexen Inc by China's
state-owned CNOOC Ltd, removing the final obstacle to
the Asian country's largest-ever foreign
* Genting Hong Kong Ltd's Norwegian cruise line
unit, NCL Corp, reported an unaudited net income of $168.6
million for 2012, up 33 percent from a year ago.
* Hong Kong Resources Holdings Co Ltd said it
expected to record a loss for the six months ended December 2012
due to worsening market conditions and increased expenses from
the reorganization of its business and closure of loss making
* Wateroasis Group Ltd may report an unaudited
operating loss or at least a substantial reduction of operating
profits for the six months ended March, 2013 on
weaker-than-expected profit contribution and an estimated
one-off provision of HK$23 million.
* Hopewell Holdings Ltd's Hong Kong property arm,
Hopewell HK Properties, has submitted a listing application to
the stock exchange of Hong Kong. Hopewell HK proposed to sell
shares via an initial public offering.
* Sound Global Ltd won the bid for a water supply
facility project in China's Fujian province with total
investment of about 95 million yuan.
* Gemini Investments (Holdings) Ltd agreed to sell
its investment property portfolio to Pacific Sunrise Holdings
Ltd for 138.3 million yuan.
- Chanceton Financial Group Ltd Q3 results
- China 3D Digital Entertainment Ltd H1 results
- Ming Kei Holdings Ltd Q3 results
- Pegasus Entertainment Holdings Ltd H1 results
- China M2 money supply for January
- China new yuan loans for January
- China outstanding loan growth for January
- Euro zone GDP flash estimates for Q4
- Japan foreign bond investment