NEW YORK, Aug 6 (Reuters) - U.S. gold futures ended higher on Friday for an eighth straight session, after a disappointing nonfarm payrolls report fueled double-dip recession worries, increasing the metal's appeal as a safe haven.
* For the latest detailed report, click on [GOL/].
* COMEX December gold futures GCZ0 settled up $6 at $1,205.30 an ounce on the COMEX division of the NYMEX.
* Range $1,194.50 to $1,213.30 an ounce.
* Gold accelerated gains and Wall Street sank after government data showed U.S. private employers added fewer workers to their payrolls in July than expected. [ID:nN05598486
* Recent weak economic data suggested interest rate will be low for a while, which is very good for the precious metals relative to other assets - Thomas Winmill, portfolio manager of Midas Fund (MIDSX.O).
* The usual inverse relationship between gold and the dollar has shown signs of a resurgence, after the link loosened earlier this year as extreme risk aversion benefited both assets - analysts.
* COMEX estimated final volume at a modest 97,670 lots.
* Spot gold XAU= at $1,205.15 an ounce at 3:11 p.m. EDT (1911 GMT), versus the previous session's late quote at $1,193.10 an ounce.
* London afternoon fix XAUFIX= at $1,207.75 an ounce.
* COMEX September silver SIU0 ends up 15.10 cents at $18.472 an ounce, as the market rose in tandem with gold.
* Range $18.290 to $18.585 an ounce.
* COMEX estimated final volume at 28,713 lots.
* Spot silver XAG= at $18.44 an ounce, compared with $18.31 late in the previous session.
* London silver fix XAGFIX= at $18.30 per ounce.
* NYMEX October platinum PLV0 finishes down $1.70 at $1,570.80 an ounce as weak jobs data hurt demand expectations for industrial metals.
* Spot platinum XPT= at $1,567 an ounce.
* September palladium PAU0 closes down $8.45, or 1.7 percent, at $487.60 an ounce on platinum's coattails.
* Spot palladium XPD= at $487.50 an ounce. Prices at 3:19 p.m. EDT (1931 GMT)
LAST/ NET PCT YTD
CLOSE CHG CHG CHG US gold GCZ0 1205.30 6.00 0.5% 10.0% US silver SIU0 18.472 0.151 0.0% 9.7% US platinum PLV0 1570.80 -1.70 -0.1% 6.8% US palladium PAU0 487.60 -8.45 -1.7% 19.3% Gold XAU= 1205.25 12.15 1.0% 9.9% Silver XAG= 18.43 0.12 0.7% 9.4% Platinum XPT= 1566.50 -0.25 0.0% 6.9% Palladium XPD= 487.50 -4.70 -1.0% 20.2% Gold Fix XAUFIX= 1207.75 13.25 1.1% 9.4% Silver Fix XAGFIX= 18.30 -5.00 -0.3% 7.7% Platinum Fix XPTFIX= 1571.00 4.00 0.3% 7.2% Palladium Fix XPDFIX= 491.00 3.00 0.6% 22.1% (Reporting by Frank Tang; Editing by Marguerita Choy)