ZURICH Dec 4 Swiss stocks were expected to open
slightly lower on Tuesday, in line with European markets seen
falling as U.S. budget negotiations to delay growth-curbing
austerity measures hit a roadblock.
The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen falling 0.2
percent, according to premarket indications from bank Julius
The following are some of the main factors expected to
affect Swiss stocks on Tuesday:
* Syngenta announced today that results from
expanded US field trials in 2012 have confirmed that corn
hybrids with the Agrisure Artesian native trait outperform
* Baloise said Deutscher Ring, Iduna and Signal
dropped below the threshold of 5 percent holding of registered
shares in the Swiss insurer.
* OC Oerlikon said it is selling its natural fibers
and textile components units to China's Jinsheng Group for 650
million Swiss francs ($702 million).
* Myriad Group appoints Stephen Dunford as Chief
Executive Officer with immediate effect.
* PubliGroupe said it anticipates a larger than
expected loss for the business year 2012 and intends to return
45 million francs to shareholders through share buy-back
programme and extraordinary dividend.
* Swiss Prime Site AG announces result of rights
offering - 99.6 percent of subscription rights exercised.
* Compagnie Financière Tradition SA announces that
Bruce Collins, is retiring from his roles as Vice Chairman and
as member of the Executive Committee as of December 26, 2012.
($1 = 0.9264 Swiss francs)