ZURICH Dec 7 Swiss stocks were set to move
sideways or modestly higher on Friday, though activity may be
thin as investors await U.S. nonfarm payrolls data due later in
The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen virtually unchanged
at 6,914 points, according to premarket indications from bank
The following are some of the main factors expected to
affect Swiss stocks on Friday:
* Bucher said it is acquiring the engineering
business of Swiss-based Filtrox Group for an undisclosed price,
in a bid to strengthen its beverage technology activities in the
area of beer filtration.
* DKSH said it is extending its system and services
certification partnership with SGS for the audit and
certification of 20 sites in more than ten countries.
* Partners Group said it has invested on behalf of
its clients in the acquisition of the Aventine of Alexandria, a
574-unit multifamily high-rise located in the Washington, DC
metro area, one of the strongest apartment markets in the US.
* Huegli said it is acquiring assets of Germany's
Vogeley Group, in particular trademark rights for Vogeley and
Wachter, recipes as well as client lists, for an undisclosed
* SNB foreign currency reserves data due at 0800 GMT.