ZURICH, April 28 (Reuters) - Swiss stocks are set to open higher on Thursday, in line with European markets expected to track gains on Wall Street after the U.S. Federal Reserve signalled it would not raise interest rates any time soon.
The Swiss blue-chip index SMI .SSMI was indicated to rise 46 points to 6,520 points, premarket data provided by bank Clariden Leu showed.CLPRE
The following are some of the main factors expected to affect Swiss stocks on Thursday:
Avastin, a cancer drug made by Roche, was about as effective as the company’s far more expensive eye drug Lucentis at preventing vision loss in people with age-related macular degeneration, The New York Times reported on Wednesday.
For related news click on [ROG.VX]
Logitech International, the world’s largest computer mouse maker, on Wednesday reported a steep quarterly profit drop and predicted a rise in sales this year.
For related news, click on [LOGN.VX]
The dental implant maker said it expected to return to mid-single-digit growth, in line with the dental implant market, by mid-2011 after posting a weaker-than-expected first-quarter net profit.
For related news, click on [NOBN.VX]
The Swiss drugmaker has received approval from the European Union for a single-pill treatment of high blood pressure, the group said on Thursday.
For related news click on [NOVN.VX]
Switzerland’s biggest bank holds its annual general meeting.
For related news, click on [UBSN.VX]
* Meyer Burger (MBTN.S) said it signed a contract worth over 70 million Swiss francs with a customer in Asia. [MBTN.S]
* Kuoni KUNN.S announces details of rights offering in relation to the capital increase. [KUNN.S]
* Bucher Industries (BUCN.S) increased sales by 13 percent or currency-adjusted 26 percent to 537 million Swiss francs in the first quarter of 2011. [BUCN.S]
* Cytos CYTN.S published its first-quarter report.
* Looser Holding LOHN.S posted a 5.7 percent increase in revenues after currency adjustments. [LOHN.S]
* ADB Group ADBN.S delivers a mid-period business update. [ADBN.S]
* Credit Suisse raises ABB ABBN.VX rating to Outperform from Neutral, price target 26 Sfr from 24 Sfr-traders [ABBN.VX]
.EX.S for all Swiss stocks
.EXSMI.S for blue chips
.EXNSMI.S for other stocks