* Yum shares fall alongside China sales
* Futures: Dow, Nasdaq flat, S&P up 0.2 pt
NEW YORK Jan 8 U.S. stock index futures were
little changed in low volume on Tuesday ahead of the unofficial
start of an earnings season expected to show sluggish corporate
* Profits in the fourth quarter were expected to top
lackluster results in the previous quarter, but analysts'
current estimates are down sharply from where they were in
October. Fourth-quarter earnings are expected to grow by 2.8
percent, according to Thomson Reuters data.
* S&P 500 futures were up 0.2 point and slightly
below fair value, a formula that evaluates pricing by taking
into account interest rates, dividends and time to expiration on
the contract. Dow Jones industrial average futures were
unchanged, and Nasdaq 100 futures were also flat.
* Shares of Yum Brands Inc fell 5 percent to $64.50
in light premarket trading a day after the KFC parent warned
sales in China, its top market, shrank more than expected in the
* ConAgra Foods Inc priced a public offering of 8.1
million common shares at $29.75 per share, the foodmaker said on
Monday. ConAgra closed at $30.17 during regular Monday trading.