July 23, 2011 / 5:35 PM / 6 years ago

Norway PM says terror threat level not raised

OSLO, July 23 (Reuters) - Norwegian police have not recommended raising the terrorism threat level despite a lack of clarity after shootings and a bomb attack that killed at least 92 people, Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg said on Saturday.

"We have not raised the threat level," he said after a crisis meeting of the cabinet. He said that police had not ruled out the possibility that a Norwegian man detained after the attacks had accomplices.

Even so, he said the police have "not warned or recommended any increased threat level," he told Norwegian broadcaster NRK. Earlier in the day, the government said the background threat level was considered "low".

Reporting by Oslo newsroom

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below