Feb 28 Chinese newspapers available in Beijing
and Shanghai carried the following stories on Friday. Reuters
has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their
SHANGHAI SECURITIES NEWS
- Ownership reform of state-owned enterprises (SOEs) in the
southern Chinese province of Guangdong is expected to attract
more than 100 billion yuan ($16.32 billion) of private capital,
the region's vice governor Xu Shaohua said. The reform should be
completed by 2015, he added.
- China will adopt five key measures to deal with worsening
air pollution problems, including promoting natural gas supply,
building new electric transmission networks and developing new
energy technology, the country's energy authorities said.
CHINA SECURITIES JOURNAL
- Asset-backed securitization is estimated to hit 200
billion yuan ($32.63 billion) this year, industry experts told
the official paper.
- A police official in the southwestern province of Sichuan
has been arrested for taking 31 million yuan ($5.06 million) in
bribes. Authorities raided his home and office, finding close to
$2 million in cash alone.
- Shenzhen's Qianhai free trade zone (FTZ), a testing ground
for many policies to attract overseas investments, will help
promote trade liberalization in Hong Kong, Macau and Guangdong,
the Qianhai authority said in a document.
- Chinese contractors earned $137 billion in revenues from
operations abroad in 2013, according to the China International
Contractors Association. This was up 17.6 percent from a year
earlier, driven by growing demand in Europe and Latin America.
- China needs to remember its history in order to create a
bright future, the paper which acts as a Party mouthpiece said
in an editorial. This comes in the wake of the country setting
two new national memorial days to mark its victory in the
Sino-Japanese war and the massacre of its civilians in Nanjing.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....