BRIEF-Japan trade min: Ministry will not meet with WD about Toshiba since it is not directly involved
* ministry will not meet with Western Digital Corp about Toshiba Corp since it is not directly involved (Reporting By Ami Miyazaki)
March 17 Chinese newspapers available in Beijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Monday. Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
CHINA BUSINESS NEWS
- Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Co Ltd will likely acquire Shanghai Trust as part of the Shanghai government's plan to consolidate the city's financial industry, sources said.
- China International Marine Containers (Group) Ltd plans to invest 7 billion yuan in a production base in southern Guangdong province to make logistics equipment.
- Singapore-based bakery chain BreakTalk said it has isolated all of the ingredients bought from a Hangzhou-based supplier after China Central Television accused the supplier of selling out-of-date goods.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
* Melco Resorts Finance - priced its international offering of senior notes due 2025
* Alberta Investment Management- financing provides for debt-with-warrants financing consisting of C$45 million second lien senior secured term loan