March 21 Chinese newspapers available in Beijing
and Shanghai carried the following stories on Friday. Reuters
has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their
SHANGHAI SECURITIES NEWS
- China Hi-Tech Group Corp will repurchase all H shares of
its listed subsidiary Jingwei Textile Machinery Co Ltd
with a premium of 30 percent, the company said in a
- Hot rolled coils futures starts trading at Shanghai
Futures Exchange on Friday with the benchmark price being 3316
yuan per tonne, according to a statement on its website.
NATIONAL BUSINESS NEWS
- China's urbanization rate is expected to reach 60 percent
by 2020, demanding investment of more than 42,00 billion yuan,
the vice minister of the Ministry of Finance said. The
investment will mainly come from private investors, he added.
21ST CENTURY BUSINESS HERALD
- China's central bank said in a closed-door meeting that it
would not change its supportive stance toward online financing
industry, sources told the paper. This comes after it suspended
the QR code payment service last week.
- China should maintain diversity in its urbanization
process and not harm the cultural and historical heritage
preserved in its numerous villages and small towns, an editorial
- The key of the success of China's ongoing political and
economic reform is the enforcement of the pronounced reform
policies, the paper which acts as the party's mouthpiece said in
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
(Reporting by Shanghai Newsroom; Editing by Anand Basu)