SHANGHAI Aug 19 Chinese newspapers available in
Beijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Monday.
Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their
CHINA SECURITIES JOURNAL
- Trading in China's gold and silver has hit record highs
following the slump in prices, spurring a revival with current
gold prices 17 percent higher than June's low.
SHANGHAI SECURITIES NEWS
- China's State Council confirmed on Friday that it would
implement measures to advance pension reform, and issued a
notice on Saturday setting out its strategy to boost broadband
- Chongqing ChangAn Automobile Co Ltd will
acquire a 50 percent stake in Chang'an PSA, a joint venture
between Chang'an Automobile Group and Peugeot SA for 2
billion yuan ($327.06 million) in the fourth quarter of this
year, a ChangAn Automobile spokesman said.
- It will be almost impossible for China's economy to absorb
all the unemployed graduates in the short-term, said an
editorial. So it is crucial that the economy continues to expand
fast enough to bridge the unemployment gap.
- China started training 45 government and provincial
authority units in July on their supervision competency, which
is important as it will iron out discrepancies in their
ideological understanding, according to an editorial.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....