June 26 Chinese newspapers available in Beijing
and Shanghai carried the following stories on Thursday. Reuters
has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their
SHANGHAI SECURITIES NEWS
- Chinese insurers had 814.1 billion yuan ($131.12 billion)
worth of holdings in stocks and equity funds by the end of May,
representing 9.82 percent of total assets, 7.9 billion yuan less
than a month earlier.
- Tianhong Asset Management Co, controlled by a unit of
Chinese e-commerce company Alibaba Group, will soon announce an
incentive scheme that would allow its employees to own stocks in
the fund manager.
- China is actively studying measures that would allow
qualified developers of commercial properties to raise money via
the debt market, marking a possible easing of financing curbs on
- Chinese recycling tycoon Chen Guangbiao offered a charity
lunch for 1,000 "poor and destitute Americans" in New York on
June 25. Each participant was also to receive $300.
- Synthetic drugs have become prevalent in China's
southwestern province of Yunnan, posing a challenge to the
government's anti-drug efforts, experts warned ahead of the
International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
($1 = 6.2090 Chinese Yuan Renminbi)
(Compiled by Shanghai Newsroom; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)