SHANGHAI, June 30 Chinese newspapers available
in Beijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Monday.
Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their
CHINA SECURITIES JOURNAL
- China urgently needs to launch a deposit insurance system
to help its interest rate reforms, says a report.
- The current corrective period in China's housing market is
not likely to end soon, says a commentary.
CHINA BUSINESS NEWS
- Reports that the United States has reached agreements with
86 countries to investigate tax payments of U.S. citizens
outside the country will help China's anti-corruption campaign.
- The Chinese government has started deploying eight
inspection teams across the country to investigate how regional
governments are implementing central policies and will hold
accountable those found wanting.
SHANGHAI SECURITIES NEWS
- Many Chinese mutual funds believe that China's stock
market is likely to walk out of years of weakness in the
second half of this year, partly driven by official efforts to
reform the country's capital markets.
- China, the largest contributor of personnel to U.N.
peacekeeping, will provide more expertise and training to fight
against crime on top of its traditional role of maintaining
order and security.
- Hong Kong must abide by Chinese laws related to the Hong
Kong Special Administrative Region, the newspaper said in a
commentary after Hong Kong lawyers protested against what they
see as Chinese interference on Friday.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
(Reporting by Shanghai Newsroom; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)