SHANGHAI Aug 20 Chinese newspapers available in
Beijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Wednesday.
Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their
- The Shenzhen stock exchange and Shenzhen Securities
Communication Co Ltd jointly said they would lower various
service fees to improve the trading environment of the Shenzhen
CHINA SECURITIES JOURNAL
- Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group signed a
cooperation agreement with car dealer China Grand Auto on
Tuesday to establish an online second-hand car trading platform,
the official paper said.
- China Railway Corp, the country's railway operator, said
on Tuesday it would auction a total of 17 billion yuan ($2.77
billion) of seven-year railway construction bonds on Aug. 20.
- The average monthly salary for university graduates in
China is around 2,443 yuan ($398), according to a survey by
Peking University of 350,000 graduates across the country. A
third of graduates have to rely on their parents.
- China has detained three people in Shanghai for forging
and selling fake press cards, police in the city's Hongkou
district said on Tuesday.
- China should increase restrictions on drug use, the
newspaper which acts as a mouthpiece for the ruling Communist
Party said. A number of high-profile celebrities have been
caught in a recent crackdown on drug use in China.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
(1 US dollar = 6.1408 Chinese yuan)
(Reporting by Shanghai Newsroom; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)