SHANGHAI Aug 21 Chinese newspapers available in
Beijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Thursday.
Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their
- State-owned energy, electricity and transportation
companies from three provinces in northeast China will launch a
mixed ownership pilot program in the near future, sources told
the official newspaper.
- China has begun the trial of the former director of
Beijing Zoo over corruption charges after investigators found
close to 6 million yuan ($977,278) in cash at his home last
- The price of shark fin, one of China's most expensive
delicacies, has dropped from 2,800 yuan per kg to 1,200 yuan in
some seafood markets in the southern city of Guangzhou,
following a crackdown against official extravagance and luxury.
- Chinese airplane pilots will have to refine heavy accents
by 2016 or miss out on jobs, according to the country's civil
aviation authority. The Civil Aviation Administration of China
is trying to avoid communication lapses between pilots and
SHANGHAI SECURITIES NEWS
- China's railway development fund is looking at ways to
attract a wider base of investors, including setting up
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
(1 US dollar = 6.1395 Chinese yuan)
(Reporting by Shanghai Newsroom; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)