HANOI, Sept 4 These are some of the leading
stories in the official Vietnamese press on Tuesday. Reuters has
not verified these stories and does not vouch for their
THOI BAO KINH TE VIETNAM
- Vietnam raised 15.85 trillion dong ($760.6 million) worth
of bonds via the newly installed electronic auctioning system
last month, up 81.14 percent from July, the Hanoi Stock Exchange
- There is room for the central bank to cut the deposit cap
by one or two percentage points, from 9 percent now, and also
lower lending rates to around 10-12 percent, analysts said.
SAIGON GIAI PHONG
- As of Tuesday stock traders are allowed to sell shares on
the morning of the third day since their payment is made,
earlier than the previous permitted afternoon selling time,
following a new directive.
ECONOMIC AND GENERAL NEWS:
VIETNAM NEWS (vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn)
- State President Truong Tan Sang urged the U.S. government
to grant Vietnam status as a market economy, making comments in
a meeting with U.S. Trade Representative Ronald Kirk in Hanoi on
- Taxes and fees on businesses and individuals in Vietnam
are 1.4 times to three times higher than those in neighbouring
countries, the National Assembly's Economic Committee said in a
- Real estate prices in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City have
fallen 30-40 percent from the end of last year but deals are
scarce, dealers said.
- Dengue has killed 29 Vietnamese people in the first eight
months of this year versus 27 deaths in the same period in 2011,
the Health Ministry said.
- Vietnam and China will find a suitable way to solve
disputes in the East Sea in line with international laws, which
will also meet their mutual interest, Deputy Defence Minister
Nguyen Chi Vinh said.
(Reporting by Hanoi Newsroom; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)