1 Min Read
Aug 19 (Reuters) - Shoprite Holdings Ltd
* FY trading profit was up 6 pct to r5.714 billion.
* FY EBITDA increased by 8.7 pct to r7.406 billion (2013: r6.811 billion)
* Headline EPS rose 3.3 pct to 697.6 cents (2013: 675.4 cents)
* Plan to open 30 new supermarkets by june 2015
* With economic growth expected to remain below 3 pct in new financial year there is not much relief in sight for beleaguered South African consumer
* To retain present levels of profitability would require strict discipline and cost control. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Noor Zainab Hussain in Bangalore)