Aug 19 Shoprite Holdings Ltd
* FY trading profit was up 6 pct to r5.714 billion.
* FY EBITDA increased by 8.7 pct to r7.406 billion (2013:
* Headline EPS rose 3.3 pct to 697.6 cents (2013: 675.4
* Plan to open 30 new supermarkets by june 2015
* With economic growth expected to remain below 3 pct in new
financial year there is not much relief in sight for beleaguered
South African consumer
* To retain present levels of profitability would require
strict discipline and cost control.
Source text for Eikon:
Further company coverage:
(Reporting by Noor Zainab Hussain in Bangalore)