Every small business has to balance decisions about basic daily operations against obligations imposed by federal tax laws.
With that in mind, small business owners (or aspiring owners) can join in on an IRS Small Business tax webinar on Wednesday, May 18 at 11:00 a.m., Pacific time, reports the Everett Daily Herald.
This IRS webinar has been put together as part of Small Business Week, May 16-20.
"When you're running a business, you don't need to be a tax expert, too. But you do need some basics to stay tax compliant so your business can thrive," said Faris Fink, IRS Commissioner for the Small Business and Self-Employed Division, in an IRS press release.
"There are many tax credits and deductions currently available. So now is a good time to learn about the tools and services the IRS offers," Fink emphasized, as reported in business-journal.com.
IRS says this particular IRS webinar, designed for Small Business Week, provides small business owner resources to learn about the following:
- The new IRS brand for small business resources
- Multiple resources to help small businesses thrive
- The benefits of using IRS Small Business Advantage
- Opportunities available now for small businesses
IRS has provided an online sign-up webpage for the seminar, which is offered without charge.
If you can't make the Wednesday date, or if you want to review the material again, this IRS small business webinar will be archived on the IRS Video Portal. Thus you can see this IRS webinar at your convenience, starting about two weeks after the date of the webinar.
- Tax Information for Businesses (IRS Official Site)
- IRS Video Portal--Information for Small Businesses (IRS Videos.gov)
- Primary Materials--Laws and Government Documents (FindLaw)
- Small Business Tax Deductions: Top 2010 Tips (Findlaw's Free Enterprise)
- Proposed Tax Breaks Helpful for Small Business? (FindLaw's Free Enterprise)