2 Min Read
Aug. 19 (Reuters) -Details of a deal to settle a U.S. tax case against Swiss bank UBS AG UBSN.VX(UBS.N) may come as soon as Wednesday and could have far-reaching implications for other wealth managers.
Here are some facts about UBS in the United States:
- The Swiss bank is the number one share trader across the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq combined.
- The bank's U.S. workforce represents 37 percent of its global staff.
- The Swiss bank expanded its presence in the United States in 2000 with the $10 billion acquisition of PaineWebber Group, a brokerage firm with over 8,500 brokers and $500 billion in client assets.
- UBS Wealth Management Americas managed 673 billion Swiss francs ($619.7 billion) in client assets at the end of March.
- The bank has around 2 million clients in the United States.
- UBS has locations in 381 cities across 49 states and the District of Columbia.
Source: UBS ($1=1.086 Swiss Franc) (Editing by Simon Jessop)