Reuters logo
Samsung says Galaxy S III U.S. launch to go ahead, despite Apple suit
June 7, 2012 / 12:10 AM / 5 years ago

Samsung says Galaxy S III U.S. launch to go ahead, despite Apple suit

A shop assistant poses with the new Samsung Galaxy S III after it's launch at the Westfield shopping centre in west London, May 29, 2012. REUTERS/Olivia Harris

SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co (005930.KS) said on Thursday the latest version of its flagship smartphone Galaxy S will go on sale in the U.S. market as planned, despite a sales injunction request filed by Apple (AAPL.O) to a U.S. court.

“Samsung believes Apple’s request is without merit. We will vigorously oppose the request,” the South Korean firm said in a statement.

“We would also like to assure consumers that the U.S. launch and sales of the GALAXY S III will proceed as planned.”

U.S. sales of the third generation Galaxy S model, which hit store shelves in some 28 countries last week, have been widely expected to start later this month.

Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Richard Pullin

Our Standards:The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.
0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below