The oceanfront estate of President George W. Bush's parents in Kennebunkport, Maine is the setting for his talks this weekend with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Here are some facts about the Walker's Point family compound.
* The picture-postcard town of Kennebunkport is a destination for wealthy vacationers who enjoy its beaches, upscale restaurants and art galleries.
* The Bush family has spent its summers at the six-acre Walker's Point compound, with its stone-and-shingle buildings, for more than 100 years. Walker's Point juts out into the Atlantic Ocean on a rocky promontory.
* Apart from the main house, the compound includes a guest house, a U.S. Secret Service outpost, a swimming pool and tennis courts.
* Kennebunkport, with its ocean views, mild temperatures and soft sea breezes, was the favorite summering spot for the elder George Bush and his wife, Barbara, during his 1989-1993 presidency.
* The current President Bush has made it clear that he prefers to spend his vacations at his Texas ranch despite its stifling summer heat.
* In October 1991, violent winds and high tides caused extensive damage to Walker's Point. White House aides said huge waves damaged walls, smashing windows and flooded rooms in the president's home as well as other structures.