Following are security developments in Iraq at 1300 GMT on Wednesday.
* denotes new or updated item.
* MUQDADIYA - Five headless bodies were found in a village near the town of Muqdadiya, 90 km (55 miles) northeast of Baghdad, the Iraqi army said.
* BAQUBA - Three headless bodies were found near the city of Baquba, 65 km (45 miles) north of Baghdad, the Iraqi army said.
* BAGHDAD - The Iraqi army killed five suspected insurgents and arrested 125 others in different parts of Iraq during the past 24 hours, the Defense Ministry said.
* SAYAFIYA - U.S. forces detained 10 suspected insurgents in the town of Sayafiya, 100 km (60 miles) south of Baghdad, on Monday, the U.S. military said.
* RAMADI - U.S. and Iraqi forces detained three men suspected of trafficking weapons in the city of Ramadi, 110 km (70 miles) west of Baghdad, on Sunday, the U.S. military said.
* MOSUL - U.S. soldiers detained three suspected insurgents in the city of Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, the U.S. military said.
* NAJAF - Police said they found the bodies of a 16-year-old girl and young man in the city of Najaf, 160 km (110 miles) south of Baghdad. The girl had been stabbed and the man had suffered severe head injuries.
BAGHDAD - The bodies of four people were found in different districts of Baghdad on Tuesday, police said.
MOSUL - Two policemen were killed and three others, including a civilian, were wounded in a drive-by shooting in Mosul, police said.
* DIWANIYA - Four people were killed and nine others wounded, including seven policemen, when a roadside bomb exploded near a bus carrying detainees in the city of Diwaniya, 180 km (110 miles) south of Baghdad, police and hospital sources said.
SAMARRA - Gunmen killed two Iraqi soldiers in an attack on an Iraqi army checkpoint in the city of Samarra, 100 km (60 miles) north of Baghdad, police said. One civilian was wounded by random fire which broke out after the attack.
HILLA - The body of a man who had been shot in the head was found near the city of Hilla, 100 km (60 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.
SAMARRA - Gunmen killed Issam Hassani, a member of the Association of Muslim Scholars, a hardline group of Sunni clerics, in his shop in Samarra on Tuesday, police said.
BAGHDAD - Three people were wounded by a roadside bomb near al-Andalus Square in central Baghdad, police said.
TUZ KHURMATO - A woman was killed and two men wounded when a roadside bomb exploded near a minibus on Tuesday in the town of Tuz Khurmato, 180 km (110 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
MOSUL - Gunmen killed a man on Tuesday in Mosul, police said.
BAQUBA - Three women and one man were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded near their vehicle near Baquba, police said.