4 Min Read
(Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 1400 GMT on Monday:
* denotes new or updated item.
* BASRA - At least one British soldier was wounded when gunmen attacked a military fuel truck in Basra, 550 km (340 miles) south of Baghdad, the British military said.
* BASRA - Heavy clashes broke out between British forces and Shi'ite militias near the provincial governor's office, witnesses said. There was no immediate indication of casualties.
* BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb exploded near a U.S patrol, wounding seven people in eastern Baghdad, police said.
* BAGHDAD - A mortar round hit the parliament building inside the Green Zone but there were no casualties or damage, lawmakers said.
* BAGHDAD - At least three people were wounded when two mortar rounds hit central Baghdad, police said.
* BASRA - Gunmen attacked the building of the Islamic Party, killing one person, police said. Earlier, a Shi'ite tribal leader was killed near the building.
* NEAR KUT - Gunmen shot dead an interpreter working with the U.S. forces in Bashaer area, 40 km (25 miles) south of Kut, police said.
HIBHIB - Police said three Iraqi soldiers were killed and four wounded in clashes with gunmen who attacked a minibus carrying off-duty soldiers near the town of Hibhib, near Baquba, 65 km (40 miles) north of Baghdad. A hospital source and Iraqiya state television put the death toll at seven.
KHALIS - Four people were wounded by a car bomb in the town of Khalis, 80 km (50 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
FALLUJA - A suicide car bomber rammed his vehicle into an Iraqi army checkpoint in the Sunni stronghold of Falluja, 50 km (35 miles) west of Baghdad, causing an unknown number of casualties, police said.
BAGHDAD - The office of Adnan al-Dulaimi, the head of the biggest Sunni group in parliament, said the Iraqi army had fired at his motorcade in Adil district in western Baghdad. There were no casualties.
BAGHDAD - Four Iraqi policemen were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded near their patrol in Wazirya district in central Baghdad, police said.
ISKANDARIYA - Four people from al-Ubaidat tribe were killed and five wounded in clashes with gunmen in Iskandariya, 40 km (25 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb exploded near an Iraqi army patrol, killing three soldiers and wounding two in Adil district of western Baghdad, police said.
ISKANDARIYA - A roadside bomb exploded near a police patrol, wounding three policemen in Iskandariya, police said.
SAFRA - Saboteurs set an oil by-products pipeline on fire when they planted bombs beneath it in the village of Safra, 65 km (40 miles) southwest of Kirkuk, police and Oil North Company said.
NEAR TAL AFAR - A roadside bomb exploded near a police patrol, wounding three policemen on the main road between the town of Sinjar and Tal Afar, 420 km (260 miles) northwest of Baghdad, police said.
TIKRIT - Police said they had arrested Salah Khalil, the head of the Independent Electoral Commission of Iraq office in Salaheddine Province on Sunday in the city of Tikrit, police said. He was accused of supporting insurgents, a source said.