Manchester United have accepted a world record bid of 80 million pounds ($131.7 million) from Real Madrid for Portuguese winger Cristiano Ronaldo, the English champions said on Thursday.
United, who fended off the Spanish club's interest in the World and European Player of the Year 12 months ago, have given the nine-times European champions the go-ahead to talk to him.
But what else can buy for 80 million pounds?
Here are a few ideas:
* As many as 1.31 million Apple iPhones.
* You can buy 93 Bugatti Veyron cars, each costing 850,000 pounds ($1.4 million).
* It can fly a person to the International Space Station three times, with spare change of more than 15 million pounds.
* You can buy a Big Mac for the entire population of Canada.
* It can buy around 138,000 ounces of gold.
* It could buy you 80 per cent of the 100 million pounds being sought for the purchase of English Championship (second division) club Newcastle United.
(Writing by Carl Bagh and Jijo Jacob: Editing by David Cutler)