NEW YORK - U.S. stocks fell on Tuesday, with selling picking up late in the session, as investors cashed in some of the recent market gains, but the S&P 500 finished less than 1 percent away from a record high set last week.
Recent Business News
- Bitcoin can expose people to significant losses, fraud and theft, and the lure of a potential quick profit should not blind investors to the virtual currency's significant risks, a brokerage industry watchdog warned on Tuesday.
LONDON - The Bank of England announced an overhaul of the way it works with banks and financial markets on Tuesday as it faced growing criticism of its response to possible manipulation of foreign exchange rates. | Video
- One of the top executives of Twenty-First Century Fox Inc has raised questions about Comcast's potential dominance of the U.S. broadband Internet market if regulators allow its $45.2 billion merger with Time Warner Cable to be completed.
ACCRA - The board of Ecobank removed its chief executive, Thierry Tanoh, on Tuesday following months of turmoil at one of the biggest financial institutions in sub-Saharan Africa.
For the third day, search and rescue operations from 10 different countries failed to find any trace of the missing Malaysian plane that disappeared about an hour into a flight to Beijing.
- The worrying (or not) rise of margin debt
- Manufacturing and consumer spending edge up
- Is China’s red-hot housing market finally beginning to cool down?
- What we know about income inequaliy: America’s disappearing ‘middle-skill’ jobs and falling wages
- The end of the boom in emerging markets reserves
- Is the US labor market doing better than we think?