NEW YORK - Stocks ended a holiday-shortened week with mostly modest gains on Thursday, though the S&P 500 notched its biggest weekly advance since July as Morgan Stanley and General Electric rallied after strong results. | Video
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- Exclusive: GM says recalled cars safe, but has not tested for knee-bump danger
- Jobless claims, factory data put some shine on economy
- U.S. judge declines to order 'park it now' notices for GM cars |
- For Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, boring is beautiful |
Recent Business News
SINGAPORE - Luxury property developers in Singapore are facing their worst sales outlook in six years as a raft of government measures to cool one of the world's most expensive real estate markets bite.
NEW YORK - Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
TORONTO - Lululemon Athletica Inc , best known for its trendy yoga wear, hopes to drive growth in coming years by expanding its range of fitness-related apparel and accelerating international plans, its newly appointed chief executive said on Thursday.
SHANGHAI - Chinese lawyer Hao Junbo wants to make you rich if you're a whistleblower after a bounty. For big business in China he's a headache, part of a small but fast-growing industry built around exposing corporate wrongdoing.
Diversification may be helping to smooth out volatility in Goldman's FICC revenue, but it's smoothing out a decline.