LOS ANGELES/NEW YORK - Yahoo Inc has submitted a formal proposal to buy Hulu, joining a growing list of bidders for the video service owned by News Corp and Walt Disney Co, two sources with knowledge of the bid told Reuters on Friday.
- Visa, Mastercard ask U.S. court to declare card fees are lawful
- Wall Street posts first weekly loss since mid-April on Fed angst |
- New York claims more proof of bank mortgage abuses
- Justice Department opposes AMR's $20 million severance for CEO Horton
- Mall owner General Growth eyes NY's Madison Ave: sources
Recent Business News
NEW YORK - U.S. regulators will get access to Chinese companies' audit documents under a deal announced on Friday, opening the way to probes of bungled audits after a two-year stand-off between China and the United States.
- The former chief executive of a failed U.S. bank in Norfolk, Virginia, and three others were convicted Friday on bank fraud conspiracy and other charges for concealing loan losses in a scheme that contributed to he bank's 2011 collapse.
WASHINGTON - An influential senator expressed strong concerns on Friday about Japanese company SoftBank Corp's plan to buy 70 percent of Sprint Nextel , warning it could expose the United States to Chinese cyber attacks.
NEW YORK - DBRS plans to rate the credit of all euro-zone sovereigns by year-end, from the current 10 of 17, which will give the now-missing countries one more way for the ECB to weigh how valuable each nation's debt is as collateral.