SYDNEY - Asian markets looked set for another upbeat session on Friday after Wall Street boasted its biggest two-day advance since late 2011 amid relief the Federal Reserve was in no rush to start hiking interest rates.
Recent Business News
- Billionaire investor Carl Icahn offered $20 million in financing on Thursday to keep the Trump Taj Mahal from becoming the fifth casino to close this year in New Jersey's troubled Atlantic City, was once the only major destination for gamblers on the U.S. East Coast.
DETROIT - Ford Motor Co on Thursday expanded the recall of older-model Mustang cars that have driver-side Takata air bags with inflators, to include about 502,500 vehicles.
TORONTO - The Canadian government unveiled a major update to its wireless airwave policy on Thursday, as it seeks to lower cellphone bills and bolster its coffers ahead of a federal election next year.
DETROIT - U.S. auto sales will end the year strongly, as December sales will be 10.4 percent higher than a year ago, JD Power & Associates and LMC Automotive said on Thursday.
NEW YORK - Goldman Sachs Group Inc has promoted John Waldron to co-head of its investment banking business, replacing John S. Weinberg, a vice chairman whose family has been in the senior echelons of the investment bank since the 1920s.
The Keystone XL pipeline is the cause célèbre of a small army of climate change activists, but a realistic look at American energy infrastructure shows that it is little more than a poster child.
- A (very) brief history of television displays
- How record crops generate food inequality
- The world’s rising tides have something for everyone to worry about
- ‘Why women are stripey’ and other informational videos
- Ev Williams is right not to care about Instagram
- In Uber’s fast expansion, big legal headaches