- Candy Crush-maker King sees up to $7.6 billion IPO valuation
- Ackman accuses Herbalife of breaking laws in China |
- Brazil's economy faces trouble after World Cup, election
- Alibaba's Tsai says will 'never' change partnership structure for Hong Kong IPO
- Federal prosecutors open criminal probe of GM recall: source
Recent Business News
- Men's Wearhouse Inc said it would acquire rival Jos. A. Bank Clothiers Inc for about $1.8 billion, ending a five-month saga that started with Jos. A. Bank offering to buy its larger menswear rival.
NEW YORK - As Energy Future Holdings prepares for what could be one of the largest-ever U.S. bankruptcies, some of its private-equity lenders are pushing a breakup of the company that could reap them more than $1 billion in tax savings, two people close to the matter said this week.
BOSTON - Shareholder activist John Chevedden has won favorable rulings in separate federal suits brought by Omnicom Group Inc and EMC Corp, breaking a pattern of legal setbacks for the private investor.
The state of the US job market is essentially unchanged. On Wednesday morning, the most recent Bureau of Labor Statistics Job Openings and Labor Turnover (JOLTs) data showed that the rate of hiring, turnover, and the number of open jobs was largely unchanged.
- Charting the Malaysian airliner disappearance
- The worrying (or not) rise of margin debt
- Manufacturing and consumer spending edge up
- Is China’s red-hot housing market finally beginning to cool down?
- What we know about income inequaliy: America’s disappearing ‘middle-skill’ jobs and falling wages
- The end of the boom in emerging markets reserves