Recent Business News
DETROIT - General Motors Co has developed contingency plans in case recalls of potentially lethal Takata-made air bag inflators widens, forcing the U.S. automaker to repair millions of vehicles, the company said on Friday.
SEATTLE - Workers at planemaker Boeing's Everett plant near Seattle are following extra safety measures after three air bag-related accidents, including the death of a technician last month, the company said on Friday.
NEW YORK - Oil closed up as much as 5 percent on Friday, its biggest gain in over two years, as some traders took profits on short positions after prices this week hit their lowest since 2009.
DETROIT - FCA US , the former Chrysler Group, on Friday expanded a U.S. regional recall of older cars with potentially defective driver-side Takata air bags to a global action, affecting more than 3.3 million vehicles.
NEW YORK - Investors have wrung their hands over the last several weeks over the effect of lower oil prices on the broader S&P 500, but the relationship between the two is actually starting to break down.
In the weekend's Data Dive, we take a look at some games that promote giving and learning.
- The good news in ‘Afghanistan’s Marshall Plan’
- The oil train glut shows how little the Keystone XL pipeline matters
- A (very) brief history of television displays
- How record crops generate food inequality
- The world’s rising tides have something for everyone to worry about
- ‘Why women are stripey’ and other informational videos