NEW YORK - U.S. stocks extended their gains to a third session on Friday, giving the S&P 500 its best weekly performance in about two months as energy shares continued to rebound.
Recent Business News
GENEVA - The European Union opened a new front in a decade-old dispute over aircraft subsidies on Friday, launching a complaint at the World Trade Organization alleging illegal tax breaks in Boeing's home state of Washington.
MOSCOW - Russia's lower house of parliament hastily approved a draft law on Friday that would give the banking sector a capital boost of up to 1 trillion rubles ($16.5 billion).
- The U.S. National Labor Relations Board on Friday filed complaints against McDonald's Corp and its franchises for alleged labor violations, including the illegal firing and intimidation of staff who protested working conditions.
SAN FRANCISCO - U.S. inflation will likely still be "well below" the Federal Reserve's 2-percent target next year, but that won't stop the central bank from raising interest rates, a top policymaker said on Friday.
BANGKOK - Thai Union Frozen Products PCL , the world's biggest producer of canned tuna, has agreed to buy U.S. competitor Bumble Bee Seafoods for $1.5 billion as part of a plan to double revenue through overseas acquisitions.
In the weekend's Data Dive, we take a look at some games that promote giving and learning.
- The good news in ‘Afghanistan’s Marshall Plan’
- The oil train glut shows how little the Keystone XL pipeline matters
- A (very) brief history of television displays
- How record crops generate food inequality
- The world’s rising tides have something for everyone to worry about
- ‘Why women are stripey’ and other informational videos