Recent Business News
HYDERABAD - Indian budget airline SpiceJet Ltd has signed a deal with Boeing Co to buy 42 737 MAX jets in a deal worth $4.4 billion at list prices, the company said on Wednesday, sending its shares up more than 7 percent.
- One of the top executives of Twenty-First Century Fox Inc has raised questions about Comcast's potential dominance of the U.S. broadband Internet market if regulators allow its $45.2 billion merger with Time Warner Cable to be completed.
- Top Citigroup Inc executives Manuel Medina-Mora and Brian Leach are taking the lead on an internal probe into alleged fraud at the U.S. bank's Mexican unit Banamex, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
NEW YORK/SAN FRANCISCO - Janet Yellen's first policy-setting meeting as chair of the U.S. Federal Reserve will focus on how to finesse a rewriting of the central bank's promise to keep interest rates low without roiling financial markets.
The state of the US job market is essentially unchanged. On Wednesday morning, the most recent Bureau of Labor Statistics Job Openings and Labor Turnover (JOLTs) data showed that the rate of hiring, turnover, and the number of open jobs was largely unchanged.
- Charting the Malaysian airliner disappearance
- The worrying (or not) rise of margin debt
- Manufacturing and consumer spending edge up
- Is China’s red-hot housing market finally beginning to cool down?
- What we know about income inequaliy: America’s disappearing ‘middle-skill’ jobs and falling wages
- The end of the boom in emerging markets reserves