NEW YORK - Dish Network Corp said it would not make a new offer to buy No. 3 U.S. wireless provider Sprint Nextel in time for a Tuesday deadline and would instead focus on its tender offer for Clearwire Corp.
- Vodafone raises Kabel Deutschland offer after rival bid: report
- Wall St. extends rise, investors see no change in Fed policy |
- Adobe expects third-quarter Creative Cloud subscriber adds to exceed second-quarter
- Kodak prepares $406 million offering as it eyes bankruptcy exit
- Google challenges surveillance court on First Amendment grounds
Recent Business News
SHANGHAI - General Motors Co aims to have 10 percent of China's luxury market by 2020, its China chief said on Wednesday.
SEATTLE - United Airlines said on Tuesday that a Boeing Co 787 on its way to Tokyo from Denver was diverted to Seattle after an indication of a problem with an oil filter, but the plane landed without incident.
- Billionaire investor Carl Icahn promised Dell Inc shareholders that the company would buy back up to $16 billion of stock if they join his campaign to stop the computer maker from going private.
WASHINGTON - Two U.S. lawmakers with antitrust oversight have urged the Obama administration to carefully review a planned merger of American Airlines and US Airways Group to ensure that it will not lead to higher prices for air travelers.