- Wall Street gains after Chinese data, Yahoo up on Alibaba
- World economy on steady course at best, China a worry, polls show
- IBM hit with $2.5 billion lawsuit by Mexican mobile phone operator
- Yahoo shares jump as Alibaba's revenue surges ahead of IPO
- BofA reports first quarterly loss since 2011 on lofty legal bill
Recent Business News
LONDON - When U.S. firm ConocoPhillips spun off its refining assets in 2011 to focus on more profitable oil production, it seemed only a matter of time before one of the oil majors followed suit.
LONDON - Ahli United Bank (AUB) , Bahrain's largest lender, is evaluating a sale or a merger with a rival bank in a potential $5 billion deal, several bankers familiar with the situation said.
LONDON/FRANKFURT - Many of the factors driving the euro exchange rate to levels that have set off alarm bells at the European Central Bank are unlikely to go away on their own, part of the reason the bank has been threatening action.
- At-home soda maker Sodastream International is in early talks to sell a stake of up to 16 percent to a strategic entity, Israeli financial news daily Calcalist reported on its website.
The housing recovery continues, albeit modestly. The S&P/Case-Shiller composite index of house prices in 20 metro areas rose 0.8% in January (seasonally adjusted), according to a report released yesterday.