NEW YORK - U.S. stocks extended gains for a third session on Friday, giving the S&P 500 its best weekly performance in nearly two months as energy shares continued to rebound.
Recent Business News
DETROIT - FCA US , the former Chrysler Group, on Friday expanded a U.S. regional recall of older cars with potentially defective driver-side Takata air bags to a global action, affecting more than 3.3 million vehicles.
NEW YORK - Investors have wrung their hands over the last several weeks over the effect of lower oil prices on the broader S&P 500, but the relationship between the two is actually starting to break down.
GENEVA - The European Union opened a new front in a decade-old dispute over aircraft subsidies on Friday, launching a complaint at the World Trade Organization alleging illegal tax breaks in Boeing's home state of Washington.
MOSCOW - Russia's lower house of parliament hastily approved a draft law on Friday that would give the banking sector a capital boost of up to 1 trillion rubles ($16.5 billion).
- McDonald's Corp and some of its franchisees were named jointly in complaints filed on Friday by the U.S. National Labor Relations Board's Office of the General Counsel, accusing them of labor violations in a widely anticipated move that could have wide-reaching implications for businesses.
In the weekend's Data Dive, we take a look at some games that promote giving and learning.
- The good news in ‘Afghanistan’s Marshall Plan’
- The oil train glut shows how little the Keystone XL pipeline matters
- A (very) brief history of television displays
- How record crops generate food inequality
- The world’s rising tides have something for everyone to worry about
- ‘Why women are stripey’ and other informational videos