TOKYO - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's cabinet approved a $182 billion package on Thursday to pull the economy out of deflation, but doubts remain about the impact.
Recent Business News
TOKYO - The Toyota Motor Corp group's labor federation will push for a unified rise in base wages, Japanese media said on Thursday, a major step towards permanent wage increases that will be key to ending Japan's decade and a half of deflation.
FRANKFURT - Siemens' troubled Infrastructure & Cities (I&C) business will take a more selective approach to new projects to boost profitability, the head of the division said on Thursday.
FRANKFURT - General Motors Co will drop the Chevrolet brand in Europe by the end of 2015 and focus resources on pushing its Opel and Vauxhall brands, the latest effort by the U.S. carmaker to turn around its European operations.
WARSAW - France's BNP Paribas agreed to buy its Dutch rival Rabobank's Polish unit Bank BGZ , in a deal which values the target at 4.2 billion zlotys ($1.4 billion) and is the latest example of consolidation among Polish banks.
Corporate issuers seem to take Presidents' Day, or at least family ski vacations, quite seriously.
- The ageing of Americans’ things
- Charting America’s Afghanistan withdrawal and troop fatalities
- Jobless claims fall, but so does manufacturing
- The US housing market in charts: Case-Shiller and home permits
- Mapping Iran’s nuclear facilities
- Four charts from the most important jobs report you aren’t following