NEW YORK - Earnings season shifts into high gear next week, and with nearly one-third of S&P 500 names set to post results, investors hope the news provides a catalyst to buy stocks and leave the market's recent weakness in the dust.
- Daimler to sell DENZA electric car in China with local subsidy
- BMW in final stages of decision on potential new factory
- China set to replace U.S. as Volvo's biggest market this year
- Hyundai Motor unveils small SUV concept for China, to launch this year
- Toyota to launch China-made Corolla, Levin hybrids in 2015
Recent Business News
MILAN - Fiat Chrysler has reached an agreement to start producing Jeep vehicles in China with partner Guangzhou Automobile Group Co , the companies said on Saturday, as Fiat tries to catch up with competitors in a fast-growing market.
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is weighing a proposal that would require brokers to tell investors exactly where their stock trades are executed, Bloomberg reported on Saturday.
- Comcast Corp is in talks with Charter Communications over selling or spinning off roughly 3 million subscribers worth approximately $18 billion to $20 billion as part of the divestitures related to its $45.3 billion takeover of Time Warner Cable , according to a source familiar with the matter.
(This story from April 18 corrects the number of counts the judge called "inconsistent" from four to two in 3rd, 16th and 17th paragraphs)
Diversification may be helping to smooth out volatility in Goldman's FICC revenue, but it's smoothing out a decline.