NEW YORK - U.S. stock index futures surged on Thursday, putting the S&P 500 on track to extend gains from the prior session, as oil prices showed hints of stabilizing and ahead of data on the labor market.
Recent Business News
FRANKFURT - Deutsche Bank AG will review its strategy and profit targets next year and may sell its Postbank-branded retail unit, in a major reversal as a hoped-for turnaround in profitability slips out of reach.
GENK, Belgium - Ford Motor Company produced the last car at its plant in Genk, Belgium, on Thursday, closing the site which produced some 14 million vehicles over the past 50 years.
FRANKFURT - Germany's Daimler said on Thursday it was setting aside an additional 600 million euros ($740 million) to cover potential costs related to an antitrust investigation into truckmakers by the European Commission.
LONDON - New European Union rules are needed to supervise crowdfunding and protect investors who face significant risks from the evolving sector, the bloc's markets watchdog said on Thursday.
- Accenture Plc reported a 7.3 percent rise in quarterly revenue, helped mainly by its outsourcing business.
A cursory peek inside the technologies that power TVs.
- How record crops generate food inequality
- The world’s rising tides have something for everyone to worry about
- ‘Why women are stripey’ and other informational videos
- Ev Williams is right not to care about Instagram
- In Uber’s fast expansion, big legal headaches
- On the debt limit, Congress is seriously unfunny