- Wall Street was higher on Wednesday as investors assessed earning ahead of a statement from the U.S. Federal Reserve that could give clues regarding the timing of a rate hike.
Recent Business News
- Twitter Inc interim CEO Jack Dorsey's criticism of the company's efforts to woo new users may just be the first step to address its long-standing problems.
- Private equity firm Carlyle Group LP said on Wednesday its second-quarter earnings dropped 38 percent year-on-year as the value of its energy and hedge funds decreased, even as it generated more cash by cashing out on several of its assets.
- A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit accusing Herbalife Ltd and its chief executive officer of misrepresenting the weight-loss and nutritional products maker's sales practices as legitimate when the company was "at its core" a pyramid scheme.
- Health insurer Anthem Inc , which plans to buy rival Cigna Corp for $54 billion, on Wednesday reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit as its Medicaid and Medicare businesses grew.
- Thomson Reuters Corp on Wednesday reported higher-than-expected quarterly profit as the company's biggest division that serves banks and financial institutions showed underlying revenue growth for the first time since 2011.