LONDON - World share markets extended their 'Santa rally' into a fourth day on Monday, as a recovery in beaten-down oil prices and the ruble and more calls for quantitative easing from the ECB helped lift sentiment.
Recent Business News
TAIPEI/SHANGHAI - Uber Technologies Inc is under fire in Taiwan and the Chinese mainland mega city Chongqing over concerns that it and its drivers are not appropriately licensed, adding to a string of official complaints aimed at the fast-growing U.S. start-up.
BEIJING - Air China Ltd , the country's flag carrier, said Monday it signed an agreement to order 60 Boeing B737 planes for a total price of $5.9 billion.
LONDON - Britain's accounting watchdog, the Financial Reporting Council (FRC), said on Monday it had launched an inquiry into PwC [PWC.UL] over its auditing of Tesco's 2012, 2013 and 2014 accounts.
ABU DHABI - Saudi Arabia said on Sunday it would not cut output to prop up oil markets even if non-OPEC nations did so, in one of the toughest signals yet that the world's top petroleum exporter plans to ride out the market's biggest slump in years.
In the weekend's Data Dive, we take a look at some games that promote giving and learning.
- The good news in ‘Afghanistan’s Marshall Plan’
- The oil train glut shows how little the Keystone XL pipeline matters
- A (very) brief history of television displays
- How record crops generate food inequality
- The world’s rising tides have something for everyone to worry about
- ‘Why women are stripey’ and other informational videos