NEW YORK - U.S. stocks finished mostly higher on Friday, with the S&P 500 closing at a record after more jobs than expected were created in February and January's figure was revised higher. | Video
- Stocks may extend rally after strong jobs data
- Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- China Feb exports tumble unexpectedly, heighten slowdown fears
- Greece, lenders will miss March 10 deadline for rescue loan deal: sources
- Ex-Jefferies trader convicted of fraud in U.S. bond probe
Recent Business News
NEW YORK - Famed oil bull Andy Hall's hedge fund rose nearly 8 percent in February in its biggest monthly gain in 2-1/2 years, boosted by a rally in crude oil that could help Occidental Petroleum's chances of selling its stake in the fund.
WASHINGTON - U.S. job growth accelerated sharply in February despite the icy weather that gripped much of the nation, easing fears of an abrupt economic slowdown and keeping the Federal Reserve on track to continue reducing its monetary stimulus. | Video
- A whistleblower will be paid $63.9 million for providing tips that led to JPMorgan Chase & Co's agreement to pay $614 million and tighten oversight to resolve charges that it defrauded the government into insuring flawed home loans.
NEW YORK - Ecuadorean villagers who are trying to get billions of dollars from Chevron Corp for pollution in the Amazon jungle are ready to refocus their fight on pending suits in other countries after a setback in the United States.
The FT's Michael Mackenzie reports that the amount of money borrowed on margin to buy stocks on the NYSE hit a new, nominal high of $451 billion. That's up 20% over last year, Mackenzie reports.
- Manufacturing and consumer spending edge up
- Is China’s red-hot housing market finally beginning to cool down?
- What we know about income inequaliy: America’s disappearing ‘middle-skill’ jobs and falling wages
- The end of the boom in emerging markets reserves
- Is the US labor market doing better than we think?
- US sees moderate manufacturing growth in January