Recent Business News
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc trades at a lower premium and has more earnings power than Carl Icahn's Icahn Enterprises Inc , and investors wishing to invest alongside either billionaire may want to side with the so-called Oracle of Omaha, Barron's said in its March 10 edition.
NEW YORK, March 8 (Reuters-peHUB) - The auction of JP Morgan Chase's private equity business, One Equity Partners, in the market since at least November, has hit an impasse, according to three people with knowledge of the situation.
- The gradual recovery of European economies could boost demand for upscale cars and trucks, which may help the share price of Mercedes-Benz parent Daimler AG extend its recent big gains, Barron's said in its March 10 edition.
SHANGHAI - A wildcat strike at an IBM factory in southern China illustrates how tectonic shifts under way in the country's labor market are emboldening workers to take matters into their own hands, raising risks for multinationals.
The FT's Michael Mackenzie reports that the amount of money borrowed on margin to buy stocks on the NYSE hit a new, nominal high of $451 billion. That's up 20% over last year, Mackenzie reports.
- Manufacturing and consumer spending edge up
- Is China’s red-hot housing market finally beginning to cool down?
- What we know about income inequaliy: America’s disappearing ‘middle-skill’ jobs and falling wages
- The end of the boom in emerging markets reserves
- Is the US labor market doing better than we think?
- US sees moderate manufacturing growth in January