WASHINGTON - Sales of new U.S. single-family homes tumbled to their lowest level in eight months in March, dealing a setback to the housing market recovery.
- Wall St. edges down after six-day S&P rally; AT&T falls
- Cost-cutting, share buybacks buoy U.S. defense profits
- Ahead of earnings, Caterpillar dealer data paints mixed picture
- Toyota stays at the top in first quarter after outselling GM, Volkswagen
- IBM unveils new server model to tackle big data, analytics
Recent Business News
- Rising jet production helped Boeing Co post a 14 percent rise in adjusted net profit in the first quarter, beating estimates, and the company notched up its full-year forecast. | Video
VIENNA - Tycoon Carlos Slim stumbled in his bid for control of Telekom Austria on Wednesday, as a meeting designed to rubber-stamp a co-ownership deal with the Austrian government was boycotted by labor representatives unhappy with the proposal.
- Amazon will begin streaming some HBO shows to its premium customers next month, the companies said on Wednesday, in a move that could lure subscribers away from Netflix Inc, a company they both compete with.
OMAHA, Nebraska - From 2006 to 2009, Provident Asset Management raised $485 million from 7,700 investors who were drawn to its promises of annual returns as high as 18 percent on oil and gas assets. Law firm Mick & Associates helped. Provident paid Mick to provide "due diligence" reports to help brokers decide whether to recommend the investments to their clients.
Diversification may be helping to smooth out volatility in Goldman's FICC revenue, but it's smoothing out a decline.