LONDON - Global equities headed for their biggest two-week drop since June and the dollar hit 5-year highs against the yen on Friday amid concern the U.S. Federal Reserve could start scaling back its stimulus as early as next week.
- Analysis: SEC plans to take more cases to trial despite losses
- VW group sales rise 4.3 percent in November, boosted by China
- Euro zone employment shows no change in third quarter
- Las Vegas Sands to abandon Madrid mega casino project: report
- Microsoft considers Qualcomm executive as CEO candidate: report
Recent Business News
MOSCOW - Russia's central bank said on Friday it had withdrawn the licenses of three more banks in a crackdown on shady financial activities a day after President Vladimir Putin renewed a drive to stem capital flight.
- Coca-Cola Co said it would divide its North American business into two units, as part of its plan to return to a franchise model instead of owning bottlers.
NEW YORK - Anadarko Petroleum Corp and its Kerr-McGee unit acted with "intent to hinder" when they spun off Tronox, the paint materials company that later went bankrupt, and should pay billions of dollars in environmental cleanup costs, a judge ruled on Thursday.
NEW YORK - Boeing Co said on Thursday it planned to eliminate up to 1,200 jobs in Washington state and move them to other U.S. locations as it reorganizes research and development functions.
The government has started using manual work-arounds for the various software errors that plague HealthCare.gov, as enrollment starts to increase.