NEW YORK - U.S. stocks rose on Monday, putting major indexes on track for a fourth straight daily gain, with gains in large-cap tech shares giving an outsized boost to the Dow.
Recent Business News
WILMINGTON, Del. - The Trump Taj Mahal, a casino hotel in New Jersey's struggling Atlantic City gambling hub, could stay open for all of 2015 with a $20 million financing package from investor Carl Icahn, lawyers for Trump Entertainment Resorts said on Monday.
MILAN - Italian fashion house Gucci said on Monday it would strengthen controls on its suppliers after a television program showed Chinese employees working more than three times their official hours to assemble its handbags.
LONDON - Russia has complained that a U.S. move to scrap a 15-year-old deal sheltering Russian flat-rolled steel producers from high import duties is inconsistent with World Trade Organization rules.
- General Motors Co has received 104 claims for compensation for ignition switch defects in its cars in the past week, bringing the total to 2,430, according to the official administering the compensation program.
MOSCOW - Russian mid-sized lender Trust Bank is to receive up to 30 billion rubles ($530 million) from the central bank to stop it going bankrupt in the first bailout of its kind during the current rouble crisis.
In the weekend's Data Dive, we take a look at some games that promote giving and learning.
- The good news in ‘Afghanistan’s Marshall Plan’
- The oil train glut shows how little the Keystone XL pipeline matters
- A (very) brief history of television displays
- How record crops generate food inequality
- The world’s rising tides have something for everyone to worry about
- ‘Why women are stripey’ and other informational videos