LONDON - The euro reached a five-year peak against the yen and a six-week high against the dollar on Tuesday, as focus intensified on the dwindling level of spare cash in the euro zone's banking system and the ECB's apparent lack of concern.
- China's 2014 growth in focus as leaders met on reform plans |
- General Motors sees China-like take-off in Indonesian car market
- No Pacific trade pact this year, ministers to try again next month
- Boeing sees aircraft finance market rising to $112 billion in 2014
- Telecom Italia board not considering TIM Brasil break-up plan: CEO
Recent Business News
ZURICH - Valiant Holding AG has become the first Swiss bank to say it would work with U.S. officials in a crackdown on wealthy Americans evading taxes through hidden offshore accounts.
LONDON - The financial burden of running final salary pension schemes is hampering companies' ability to invest in expansion and development, according to UK research published on Tuesday.
WASHINGTON - U.S. regulators are set on Tuesday to approve a rule to rein in risky trading by banks, a crucial part of their efforts to reform Wall Street and prevent another costly taxpayer bailout.
BERLIN - Germany's Volkswagen increased sales at its core passenger-car brand by 3.4 percent in November to 522,100 autos, powered by demand for the seventh-generation Golf hatchback, the company's best-selling model.
Reuters charts the dearth of female directors at venture-funded startups compared to public companies.