NEW YORK - U.S. stock index futures advanced on Monday, after the S&P 500 notched its best weekly performance in almost two months, ahead of data on the housing market.
Recent Business News
TOULOUSE, France - European planemaker Airbus delivered its first A350 mid-sized jetliner to Qatar Airways on Monday and moved to end speculation about the future of its larger A380 superjumbo.
MOSCOW - Russian mid-sized lender Trust Bank is to receive up to 30 billion rubles ($530 million) from the central bank to stop it going bankrupt in the first bailout of its kind during the current rouble crisis.
BEIJING - Air China Ltd , the country's flag carrier, said Monday it signed an agreement to order 60 Boeing B737 planes for a total price of $5.9 billion.
TAIPEI/SHANGHAI - Uber Technologies Inc is under fire in Taiwan and the Chinese mainland mega city Chongqing over concerns that it and its drivers are not appropriately licensed, adding to a string of official complaints aimed at the fast-growing U.S. start-up.
LONDON - Oil fell towards $61 a barrel on Monday, reversing gains after Saudi Arabia indicated it could increase its output.
In the weekend's Data Dive, we take a look at some games that promote giving and learning.
- The good news in ‘Afghanistan’s Marshall Plan’
- The oil train glut shows how little the Keystone XL pipeline matters
- A (very) brief history of television displays
- How record crops generate food inequality
- The world’s rising tides have something for everyone to worry about
- ‘Why women are stripey’ and other informational videos