- Tiffany & Co posted a 15 percent drop in quarterly earnings due to a strong dollar and the cost of developing and bringing out new products, sending shares of the luxury jeweler to an 18-month low. | Video
- Teen apparel retailer Aeropostale Inc reported a loss for the 11th straight quarter as it discounted heavily to clear older inventory and closed many unprofitable stores.
- Dollar General Corp , the No.2 U.S. discount retailer by store count, reported quarterly sales that fell slightly below analysts estimates and said it expects same-store sales growth for the year to be at the low-end of its forecast.
- Sales at J.M. Smucker Co's U.S. coffee business rose 12 percent in the first quarter, increasing for the first time in 11 quarters, helped by higher realized prices of its Folgers and Dunkin' Donuts coffee and strong sales of Dunkin' Donuts K-Cup pods.
- Autodesk Inc, the maker of computer-aided design (CAD) software, cut its full-year profit and revenue forecast for the second time this year, sending its shares down 7 percent.
- GameStop Corp said it expected robust revenue growth in the second half, helped by a strong slate of video game releases and growth in its mobile and consumer electronics businesses.