MOSCOW - Russia is ready for talks on resuming gas supplies to Ukraine, Energy Minister Alexander Novak said on Friday, warning of disruption to flows to Europe this winter if a row over pricing and debts is not resolved.
LONDON - Doubts about the sustainability of the North American oil and gas boom center on rapidly declining output from many shale wells after they are initially drilled.
ISTANBUL - Iraqi Kurdistan has shipped 8.8 million barrels of oil from the Turkish port of Ceyhan since May, Turkish Energy Minister Taner Yildiz said, as the autonomous region employs new tactics to establish independent oil sales in defiance of Baghdad.
SANTIAGO - Codelco, the world's No. 1 copper producer, on Friday reported a rise in its first-half production, largely due to the contribution of a new mine, but a slide in the market price of copper metal eroded profits.
- Increased supply of shale oil from the United States and sluggish global demand will cap oil prices next year despite conflicts in Iraq, Libya and other producers, according to the consensus forecast in a Reuters poll of oil analysts.
HOUSTON - A tanker near Texas loaded with $100 million of disputed Iraqi Kurdish crude has disappeared from satellite tracking, the latest development in a high stakes game of cat-and-mouse between Baghdad and the Kurds.
LONDON - For the world's hard-pressed aluminium producers the current outlook is the rosiest in many years.
NEW YORK - Morgan Stanley has quietly filed plans to build and run one of the first U.S. compressed natural gas export facilities, the first sign the bank is plunging back into physical commodity markets even as it sells its physical oil business.
SAO PAULO - Three years ago, a record surge in arabica prices spurred a wave of investment across coffee plantations in top grower Brazil, as farmers scrambled to fill a supply gap left by Central America after heavy rains damaged crops.
- U.S. coal-burning power utilities are being forced to turn to barges and more expensive trucks to move coal, desperate to shore up stockpiles left dangerously low by the widespread bottlenecks on rail networks.
|Commodity||Currency||Last||Change||% Change||Trade Date/Time|
|LIGHT CRUDE CON1 Sep14||USD||95.75||-0.21||-0.22%||09/01 07:18|
|NO 2 HT OIL CON1 Aug14||USD||2.83||-0.01||-0.34%||08/22 17:14|
|NATURAL GAS CON1 Aug14||USD||3.84||-0.05||-1.26%||08/22 17:14|
|100 OZ GOLD MAR4 Aug14||USD||1,279.90||+4.90||+0.38%||08/22 15:48|
|SILVER 5000 CON1 Aug14||USD||19.41||-0.08||-0.42%||08/21 15:10|
|HG COPPER CON1 Aug14||USD||3.20||+0.03||+0.85%||08/22 16:35|
|CORN CON1 Sep14||USC||364.50||+3.25||+0.90%||08/22 14:28|
|WHEAT CON1 Sep14||USC||551.00||-6.25||-1.12%||08/29 14:27|
|SOYBEANS CON1 Sep14||USC||1,169.50||+29.75||+2.62%||08/22 14:30|
|SUGAR 11 CON1 Sep14||USC||15.61||-0.38||-2.38%||08/22 12:59|
|COFFEE C CON1 Sep14||USC||181.40||-2.35||-1.28%||08/22 13:20|
|COCOA CON1 Sep14||USD||3,183.00||-15.00||-0.47%||08/22 08:51|
|FROZEN OJ CON1 Sep14||USC||148.75||-2.65||-1.75%||08/29 13:29|
|COTTON NO 2 CON1 Oct14||USC||67.46||+0.96||+1.44%||08/22 14:14|
|LIVE HOGS CON1 Oct14||USC||93.35||-0.28||-0.29%||08/22 14:54|
|LIVE CATTLE CON1 Aug14||USC||151.85||+2.20||+1.47%||08/22 14:54|
- U.S. coal stocks could gain on Russia tension
- China to offer tax breaks on electric cars, limited mostly to local brands
- Exclusive: Morgan Stanley plans natural gas export plant in new commodities foray
- Small island states, facing rising seas, seek economic overhaul
- Air testing lapse at N.M. nuclear waste dump blamed on staff vacancy
|1 Month Libor||--|
|3 Month Libor||--|