|Currency||Last||Day High||Day Low||% Change||Bid||Ask|
BUENOS AIRES, Feb 23 Argentina's central bank chief Federico Sturzenegger said on Thursday that salary hikes for some unions in 2017 that may be above its 17 percent maximum inflation target would not threaten achieving that goal for the year.
* Policymakers see rate hike "fairly soon" but uncertainty remains
LONDON, Feb 23 The dollar traded close to one-month highs on Thursday, as the lack of a clearer signal from the U.S. Federal Reserve that it might raise interest rates next month countered surprise praise from the new Treasury Secretary for a strong currency.
WASHINGTON, Feb 23 The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits rose slightly last week but the four-week average of such claims, considered a better gauge, fell to a 43-1/2-year low in a sign of a strengthening labor market.
- IMF SPOKESMAN SAYS IMF CHIEF LAGARDE AND U.S. TREASURY SECRETARY MNUCHIN SPOKE ABOUT GREECE AS PART OF WIDE-RANGING PHONE CALL EARLIER THIS WEEK, DECLINES COMMENT ON SPECIFICS
- UPDATE 1-Mexico core annual inflation hits near 7-year high
- UPDATE 1-U.S. jobless claims up, four-week average lowest since 1973
- Brazil's bank lending falls 1 pct in January from December