SEOUL - South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Saturday that it would acquire Brazilian printing solutions company Simpress, the latest deal by the tech giant to bolster its business-to-business operations.
BOSTON - Hedge fund mogul William Ackman is ready to make a new bet, not on a stock this time but a startup hedge fund, Clearfield Capital Management.
TOKYO - Panasonic Corp has stopped making TVs in China and plans to liquidate its joint venture in Shandong, a company source said on Saturday, the latest in a string of Japanese electronics companies exiting overseas TV markets amid strong pricing pressure.
LONDON/BERLIN - Qatar Airways has bought a stake worth about 1.15 billion pounds ($1.7 billion) in the owner of British Airways and Iberia, aiming to forge closer links to a group with two major European hubs and strong transatlantic networks.
CHICAGO - GFI Group Inc shareholders on Friday voted down a proposed takeover by CME Group Inc , the companies said, opening the door for a hostile bid from rival BGC Partners.
WASHINGTON - Food distributor Sysco Corp and its biggest rival, US Foods Inc , have offered to sell a smaller competitor 11 facilities in order to convince skeptical antitrust regulators to approve their $3.5 billion merger, a source briefed on the matter told Reuters.
DETROIT - The United Auto Workers union and Navistar International Corp have reached a tentative four-year contract agreement, the union said on Friday.
- Shares of Spark Therapeutics Inc more than doubled in their debut, valuing the gene-therapy company at nearly $1.5 billion and underscoring investor's interest in the field that recently produced a million-dollar drug.
SANTIAGO - Latin American retailer Cencosud said on Friday that it would make investments of up to $3 billion through 2018, and forecast up to $21 billion in revenues this year.
WASHINGTON - India's Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd has won U.S. approval to buy Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd on condition that it sell its interest in a generic antibacterial medicine, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission said on Friday.
- Finance: Ivanhoé Cambridge sells stake in two Ontario malls for C$240 million
- Technology: Spotify expresses interest to raise $500 million: WSJ
- Healthcare: EU clears plans by drugmakers GSK and Novartis to trade assets
- Consumer: Exclusive: Sysco, US Foods offer to divest 11 facilities to win FTC deal approval
- Energy: E.ON seeks one billion euro Terni plant deal in first half: sources
- Industrials: U.S. hedge fund Elliott gets right to take stake in Germany's DMG
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Australia state election bodes ill for Abbott government
- Bankruptcy: CORRECTED-Brazil court seizes some of builder OAS's shares in Invepar
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
- Private Capital: MOVES-Elliott Management names Steven Kasoff fourth equity partner -WSJ
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund profits drop 30 percent in 2014, bonus pool shrinks
- Regulatory: McDonald's to slow Russia expansion due to fall in rouble
Free Deals Newsletter
- Romney Donors Are Being Wooed to Switch Sides - New York Times
- More Than 100 Cases Of Measles Now Confirmed In US - Huffington Post
- New York College Student With Measles Boarded Amtrak Train at Penn Station - ABC News
- Up to foot of snow possible for Midwest, Northeast - seattlepi.com
- Record-breaking balloonists splash down off Mexico - Telegraph.co.uk
- US regulators recall 2.1 million vehicles in new air bag issue - Reuters
- Ukraine Violence Escalates as Officials Seek Truce Agreement - Wall Street Journal
- Patriots' all-time Super Bowl team creates tough choices - USA TODAY