LONDON - British support services and construction company Carillion made a bold move to capitalize on its successes with a possible 3 billion pound ($5.1 billion) merger with infrastructure firm Balfour Beatty .
- John Malone's Liberty Media Corp started the process of spinning off its cable assets through a stock dividend to its shareholders to form a new listed company called Liberty Broadband.
- The United Kingdom's Takeover Panel has granted an extension to TUI Travel Plc , Europe's biggest tour operator, and its majority owner, TUI AG , to confirm their proposed merger.
FRANKFURT - Philips has taken a first step towards selling a stake in a lighting components business it is currently carving out by appointing Morgan Stanley to handle the sale process, three people familiar with the matter said.
ISTANBUL - Turkey's Cukurova and Russia's Alfa Group have agreed terms under which Cukurova could finance the recovery of a disputed $1.6 billion stake in telecoms firm Turkcell , a British court said on Friday.
ROME - Alitalia shareholders on Friday approved a share issue of up to 250 million euros ($336 million) to keep the Italian flag carrier flying as it seeks to finalize a life-saving tie-up with Etihad Airways.
NEW YORK/LONDON - Rupert Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox Inc said on Friday it would only consider deals that are "disciplined" and increase shareholder value, a move analysts said signalled the media company does not want to overpay for takeover target Time Warner .
KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia's Infinite Rewards Inc and Singapore-listed Albedo Ltd have scrapped plans for a reverse takeover, according to a statement on Friday, in a deal that would have let Albedo join the foray of international property developers buying up land in Malaysia's Iskandar region.
BEIJING/HONG KONG - PetroChina is reconsidering a plan to auction off its multi-billion dollar natural gas pipeline unit, and could instead sell it to an affiliate, three people who were briefed on the matter by the Chinese energy giant told Reuters.
- Finance: Thyssen hires Deutsche Bank to manage VDM unit sale: sources
- Technology: EU regulators to decide on Oracle, Micros deal by Aug. 29
- Healthcare: Life Healthcare to invest up to $132 million in India hospital chain to raise stake
- Consumer: U.S. judge says she is troubled by Apple $450 million e-books deal
- Energy: Talisman, boosted by Repsol talk, may be worth more in pieces
- Industrials: Delta drops BP fuel contract early at airline's Trainer refinery
- M&A: EU mergers and takeovers (July 25)
- Bankruptcy: Time for the Bank of England to show a steady hand
- IPOs: BRIEF-BSkyB raises 1.4 bln stg via placing
- Private Capital: BRIEF-UK's SFO settles civil damages claims brought by Vincent Tchenguiz
- Hedge Funds: Argentine default in balance as government refuses to capitulate
- Regulatory: CORRECTED-Allergan gets EU recommendation on new use of eye drug
Free Deals Newsletter
- Time Warner Cable CEO: FCC workload may delay Comcast merger - Capital New York
- Truland Group starts bankruptcy process with affiliates - Washington Post
- Morning Agenda: Hedge Fund Managers Headed for Divorce - New York Times
- Shuttered Truland Electric may be forced into bankruptcy - WJLA
- Sanofi Drugs Sale Draw Blackstone, KKR Interest - Bloomberg
- British Construction Giants Balfour Beatty and Carillion in Merger Talks - New York Times
- Garth Brooks Tickets ON SALE TODAY: Here's How You Get 'Em - US 99.5
- Gilt Groupe CMO Lizzie Francis To Step Down Alongside Layoffs At IPO-Bound ... - Forbes