TOKYO Japan's Takata Corp , the firm at the centre of the auto industry's biggest ever product recall, filed for bankruptcy protection in the United States and Japan, and said it would be bought for $1.6 billion by U.S.-based Key Safety Systems.
SYDNEY Three Australian business magnates plan to financially support Ten Network Holdings until it finds a buyer, the TV broadcaster's administrator said, adding that there had been "quite a number" of expressions of interest from potential acquirers.
LONDON Russian billionaire Mikhail Fridman's L1 Retail has agreed to buy health food and supplements chain Holland & Barrett for 1.77 billion pounds ($2.26 billion) from The Nature's Bounty Co. and The Carlyle Group , the companies said in a statement.
LONDON Britain's Co-operative Bank said on Monday it was close to agreeing a financial rescue package with leading investors that would shore up its capital base and end months of uncertainty about its future.
Activist investor Daniel Loeb's Third Point LLC on Sunday unveiled a stake of more than 1 percent in Switzerland's Nestle SA and urged the world's largest packaged foods maker to improve margins, buy back stock and shed non-core businesses.
FRANKFURT German insurer Allianz expects to book a loss of around 200 million euros ($224 million) from the sale of private bank Oldenburgische Landesbank to U.S. private equity firm Apollo , it said on Sunday.
Russian billionaire Mikhail Fridman's fund L1 Retail has agreed to buy health food chain Holland & Barrett for about 1.8 billion pounds ($2.3 billion), according to a source familiar with the matter.
FRANKFURT Shares in German-owned restaurant chain Vapiano are to be offered at 23 euros per share in its initial public offering (IPO), two people familiar with the placement said on Monday.
FRANKFURT German truck and trailer parts maker Jost plans to list on the Frankfurt stock exchange in the second half of 2017, the group said on Monday.
WELLINGTON New Zealand pay television provider Sky Network TV on Monday said it was terminating a sales agreement to buy Vodafone's local unit, a deal the country's competition regulator had ruled against.
- Finance: Japan regional banks face further delays in merger plans
- Technology: U.S. to seek to block DraftKings, FanDuel fantasy sports merger
- Healthcare: EQT buys 20 percent of German artificial limb maker Otto Bock
- Consumer: What next for airbag maker Takata after bankruptcy filing?
- Energy: Petrobras resumes talks with Sete Brasil over vessel contracts
- Industrials: Lufthansa wants to help, not take over, Air Berlin: Bild
- M&A: Nestle, Italian bank deal prop up European shares
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Court in Katowice starts accelerated arrangement proceedings for Ruch Chorzow
- IPOs: UPDATE 2-Ireland raises 3 bln euros from 'milestone' AIB sale
- Private Capital: UPDATE 2-China, Canada vow not to conduct cyber attacks on private sector
- Hedge Funds: Investors bet on comeback: UK's Alan Howard amasses $3 billion
- Regulatory: EU court seen ruling on Intel antitrust case next year - judge
- The Big Question About Blue Apron's IPO - Forbes
- 4 Reasons Why Puerto Rico's 'Bankruptcy' Process Matters to US Residents - NBCNews.com
- China's private equity gains celebrity branding - Financial Times
- Boutique advisers crash M&A league table thanks to high fees - Financial Times
- Loose money raises the risks for private equity - Financial Times - Financial Times
- Ray Dalio, Billionaire Head Of World's Largest Hedge Fund, Slams Trump Over Paris Accord Exit - Forbes
- Buyout groups make final offer for Shawbrook - Financial Times
- Toyota dumps stake in Tesla as former partners become rivals - CNNMoney