HONG KONG - On the face of it, an IPO for WH Group , the world's biggest pork company, should have been an easy sell.
- Dell Inc Chief Executive Michael Dell is likely to sell his corporate gardening company ValleyCrest to KKR & Co LP's Brickman unit, the Financial Times reported.
- London's largest and most expensive office building, HSBC Holding Plc's global headquarters, is up for sale and could fetch over 1.1 billion pounds ($1.85 billion), a record price for the British market, the Financial Times reported.
LONDON - International pressure to curb corporate tax avoidance is behind delays to a $35 billion merger of French advertising group Publicis and U.S. rival Omnicom, and could even scupper the deal, tax advisers and sources close to the deal said.
PARIS - Shares of Alstom jumped 10.9 percent on Thursday after a report that U.S. conglomerate General Electric was in talks to buy the struggling French turbine and train maker for about $13 billion.
NEW YORK - Allergan Inc approached Shire Plc in recent months about a possible takeover but was rebuffed, according to people familiar with the matter, in the latest example of a U.S. drugmaker seeking to buy an overseas rival to lower its tax rate.
- Zimmer Holdings Inc said on Thursday it would buy rival orthopedic products maker Biomet Inc for more than $13 billion, the latest deal in a wave of consolidations in the healthcare industry.
LONDON - The body responsible for managing Britain's stake in the Royal Bank of Scotland will block any resolution proposing the lender pays out bonuses of up to 200 percent of fixed pay, the bank said on Friday.
TOKYO - Japan's NTT DoCoMo Inc will unload its 26.5 percent stake in loss-making Indian mobile phone joint venture Tata Teleservices Ltd and exit the country as it struggles with tough price competition, sources familiar with the matter said on Friday.
- Bank of America Corp named Geoffrey Greener its new chief risk officer following Terry Laughlin's movement to a new role.
- Finance: Slim eyes eastern Europe after Telekom Austria deal
- Technology: Bazaarvoice agrees to sell assets under U.S. pressure
- Healthcare: Exclusive: Allergan approached Shire about takeover but rebuffed - sources
- Consumer: Dollar Tree, Dillard's agree to boost oversight at supplier factories
- Energy: Alstom shares jump on report of GE takeover interest
- Industrials: Caterpillar-backed Neovia Logistics explores sale: sources
- M&A: Greece's Alpha says looking into acquisition of Citi's local ops
- Bankruptcy: PRESS DIGEST- British Business - April 25
- IPOs: UK's Marshall Wace purchases US investment firm Eaglewood Capital
- Private Capital: Shares in Italy's Cobra up 7 pct following bid report
- Hedge Funds: Apocalypse Now? China 'bears' hope for their "told you so" moment
- Regulatory: Greece's Alpha says looking into acquisition of Citi's local ops
Free Deals Newsletter
- Reliant, Commerce Union banks pursuing merger - The Tennessean
- The 10 Most Important Facts to Know About the Alibaba IPO - Money Morning
- Bankruptcy talks over Energy Future Holdings hinge on tax issues - Financial Times
- Hedge Fund Billionaire Tom Steyer Comes Under Republican Attack - Forbes
- Square makes footprint near Wall Street amid IPO, sale rumors - ZDNet
- ClearEdge Power Said To Be Seeking Bankruptcy, Sent Workers Home Early - Hartford Courant
- Pure Storage Bags $225 Million in Funding at $3 Billion Valuation – IPO? No It ... - SiliconANGLE (blog)
- Forbes Sale Said to Founder With Axel Springer Not Bidding - Bloomberg
- Obama wraps up Japan visit after security pledge but no trade deal |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels; Russia starts drill near border |
- Russia's Lavrov accuses Washington of distorting Geneva accord on Ukraine
- Empty spaces mark Korean school tribute for missing ferry victims |
- Exclusive: JetBlue flight attendants seek to hold unionization vote
- New report calls U.S. a 'rising star' of global manufacturing
- In Cairo, one family's story shows rise of radical threat
- Israel suspends peace talks after Palestinian unity bid
- Exclusive: Apple, Google to pay $324 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Obama administration may unveil new deportation policy in two stages