NEW YORK - Dish Network Corp said it would not make a new offer to buy No. 3 U.S. wireless provider Sprint Nextel in time for a Tuesday deadline and would instead focus on its tender offer for Clearwire Corp.
- Britain's Vodafone Group Plc has raised its preliminary offer to buy Germany's largest cable operator, Kabel Deutschland Holding AG, a day after U.S. media group Liberty Global Plc made a rival bid, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday, citing people familiar with the bid.
- Billionaire investor Carl Icahn promised Dell Inc shareholders that the company would buy back up to $16 billion of stock if they join his campaign to stop the computer maker from going private.
- Eastman Kodak Co on Tuesday said it will seek court approval for a $406 million rights offering that could give creditors a big equity stake in the company after it emerges from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
WASHINGTON - Two U.S. lawmakers with antitrust oversight have urged the Obama administration to carefully review a planned merger of American Airlines and US Airways Group to ensure that it will not lead to higher prices for air travelers.
NEW YORK - Chinese network equipment and cellphone maker Huawei Technologies Co said it "has no plans to acquire Nokia", responding to a Financial Times report that it would consider buying the Finish phone maker.
NEW YORK - Japanese drugmaker Astellas Pharma Inc is looking to sell its dermatology portfolio, which could be worth between $500 million and $1 billion, according to three people familiar with the situation.
- Trading firms RGM Advisors LLC and Allston Trading LLC are in early merger discussions to combine their automated trading on stock and futures markets, the Wall Street Journal said on Tuesday, quoting people familiar with the matter.
STOCKHOLM - Sweden is selling a 5.7 percent stake in Nordea , the Nordic region's biggest bank, in a move that may give the center-right ruling coalition some fiscal leeway ahead of an election next year.
NEW YORK - SunGard Data Systems Inc, the computer software maker that was taken private in 2005 for $11.4 billion, is exploring a sale of its data managing operations that could fetch up to $2 billion, several people familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
- Finance: Brazil's Votorantim Cimentos scraps IPO as market conditions sour
- Technology: Dish abandons Sprint bid for now to focus on Clearwire
- Healthcare: Valeant Pharma to launch $9.3 billion acquisition financing
- Consumer: Third Point ups Sony stake, calls for independent entertainment board
- Energy: Exclusive: Talisman considers sale of Eagle Ford assets - sources
- Industrials: Russia's Suhkoi jet delivers first Superjet to Mexico's Interjet
- M&A: RPT-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
- Bankruptcy: New York state announces plan for board to help cash-strapped cities
- IPOs: StanChart plans 1 bln yuan bond in Taiwan -sources
- Private Capital: Kodak prepares $406 mln offering as it eyes bankruptcy exit
- Hedge Funds: Hedge funds still bullish on Mexican peso after sell-off
- Regulatory: PRESS DIGEST-New York Times business news - June 19
- Icahn Increases Stake in Dell and Calls for Stock Buyback - New York Times (blog)
- Brazil Cement Giant Is Said to Cancel Planned IPO - New York Times (blog)
- Hedge fund says bid for Smithfield too low - USA TODAY
- Social gamer King.com eyes possible IPO - USA TODAY
- Farallon Takes Part of Tinkler's Whitehaven Stake, Buys More - Bloomberg
- Exclusive: SunGard explores $2 billion data unit sale - sources - Reuters
- Dish steps down from Sprint merger to clear way for Clearwire - CNET
- Kodak prepares $406 million offering as it eyes bankruptcy exit - Reuters
- Fed seen keeping options open on pace of bond buying
- Obama to set new goals to cut nuclear weapons: senior official
- Rousseff salutes Brazil protests, cities cut bus fares |
- United States to meet Taliban to seek Afghan peace |
- Rohani once spoke approvingly of hiding Iran atomic work
- NSA head, lawmakers defend surveillance programs |
- Republican-led House passes bill restricting abortion
- Analysis: French EU-wariness complicates life for Hollande
- Dozens held in Turkey, silent protester goes viral |
- WikiLeaks' Assange fears U.S., to stay on in London embassy |