National Amusements Inc (NAI), the controlling shareholder of CBS Corp and Viacom Inc , is preparing to call on the two media companies to explore a merger, two people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
BRUSSELS/FRANKFURT EU antitrust regulators warned on Wednesday that Deutsche Boerse's proposed $28 billion merger with the London Stock Exchange could hinder competition in key financial market activities.
LONDON/BRUSSELS SABMiller shareholders overwhelmingly backed the brewer's $100 billion-plus takeover by Anheuser-Busch InBev on Wednesday, clearing the last big hurdle for one of the largest corporate mergers in history.
BEIJING China's COSCO Shipping Co Ltd may consider buying the port assets of troubled South Korean firm Hanjin Shipping Co Ltd, Chinese online finance magazine Caixin reported on Wednesday.
LONDON Novozymes , already grappling with the consequences of low oil and crop prices, is watching anxiously to see what Bayer's purchase of Monsanto will mean for the Danish group's ties with its key agricultural partner.
HONG KONG/MUMBAI Wal-Mart Stores Inc is in talks to buy a minority stake in India's largest e-commerce firm Flipkart, two sources familiar with the matter said, as the world's biggest retailer aims to get a slice of a fast-growing online retail market.
Solar panel installer SolarCity Corp , which is in the process of being bought by Tesla Motors Inc , named Radford Small chief financial officer, replacing Tanguy Serra.
HAMBURG, Germany Canadian power group Northland Power could be taken private, sold to a strategic investor or remain a stock-market listed entity, its chief financial officer said, as the group is in the middle of a major business review.
DETROIT Detroit automotive supplier Piston Group said on Wednesday it has finalized the purchase of Takata Corp's vehicle interiors subsidiary, Irvin Automotive, which will raise Piston's annual revenue to $1.8 billion from $1.3 billion.
DUESSELDORF, Germany Some of RWE's cash-strapped municipal shareholders will not take part in the initial public offering of Innogy, the German utility's healthy assets that will be listed next week.
- Finance: ING selling $300 million Kotak Mahindra stake: term sheet
- Technology: Cisco plans $4 billion worth of expansion in Mexico: government
- Healthcare: Exclusive: Spain's Puig to buy 35 percent stake in Brazil's Granado, sources say
- Consumer: Dissident SABMiller shareholder Aberdeen disappointed with vote
- Energy: Mexico's Alpek gets extension for talks over Petrobras units purchase
- Industrials: Lufthansa board approves takeover of Brussels Airlines
- M&A: UPDATE 2-EU warns Deutsche Boerse, LSE deal could harm competition
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Fitch: Secular challenges spur U.S. Retail bankruptcies
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Bridgepoint to list French hospital group Medipole - sources
- Private Capital: Northland Power could be taken private in strategic review -CFO
- Hedge Funds: Brevan Howard hedge fund axes management fees for some current investors
- Regulatory: UPDATE 2-EU warns Deutsche Boerse, LSE deal could harm competition
- Oil, gas explorer Triangle USA Petroleum files bankruptcy - FuelFix (blog)
- The Powerful Egyptian Woman Behind A $700 Million IPO - Forbes
- Alchemy On Verge Of Bankruptcy - Deadline
- Hedge fund Elliott builds stake in British Empire Trust - Telegraph.co.uk
- Bruins' buyout of contract a 'shock' to Dennis Seidenberg - Boston Herald
- This private equity giant wants to give landlords millions — here's how - CNBC (subscription)
- CDB Leasing Breaks Cornerstone Records With $799 Million IPO - Bloomberg
- IPO watch: Quess Corp issue sees good retail demand, subscribed 46% - Economic Times