LONDON, May 22 (IFR) - Deutsche Bank added yet more depth to the burgeoning bank capital market this week with the sale of a brand new structure for Tier 2 debt that should now pave the way for the bank to sell Additional Tier 1 bonds over the next 12 months.
May 22 - Lehman Brothers Holding Inc, the former investment bank that is working to repay creditors, said on Wednesday it had raised $1.88 billion by selling claims it held against its former brokerage.
LONDON, May 22 (IFR) - The Portuguese government plans to tap nearly all of its state-owned pension fund to ease it over the hump of a hefty EUR27.5bn of financing needs over the next two years, according to domestic news reports.
STOCKHOLM, May 21 - Swedish prosecutors have questioned the former head of bankrupt car maker Saab and two others in an investigation into suspected tax offences relating to the running of the company, officials said on Tuesday.
May 21 - B456 Systems Inc, the lithium-ion battery maker which received a $249 million U.S. government grant, won court approval for its bankruptcy plan on Monday.
STOCKHOLM, May 21 - Swedish prosecutors have detained the former chief executive of bankrupt car maker Saab and two others in an investigation into suspected tax offences relating to the running of the company, officials said on Tuesday.
LONDON, May 21 - Sarantel Group PLC : * Determined that a sale of the operating business would be in the best
May 20 - Charlie Ergen, the chairman of U.S. satellite company Dish Network Corp, has offered to buy bankrupt broadband company LightSquared Inc's wireless airwaves, a source close to Ergen told Reuters.
CHICAGO, May 20 - The trustee liquidating MF Global has sold a collection of the bankrupt broker's CME Group memberships for amounts below recent selling prices, according to a list of transactions published by the exchange on Monday.
May 20 - U.S. satellite company Dish Network Corp has offered to buy bankrupt broadband company LightSquared Inc's radio frequencies for $2 billion, Bloomberg said, quoting people familiar with the bid.
- M&A: Clearwire recommends vote for revised Sprint bid
- IPOs: UPDATE 2-Miner Afferro agrees to $190 mln offer from IMIC
- Private Capital: Deals of the day -- mergers and acquisitions
- Hedge Funds: Toscafund bullish on UK economy and stock market
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 1-U.S. government taps GlaxoSmithKline for new antibiotics
- Rescuers comb Oklahoma tornado rubble for buried survivors |
- Bernanke expected to stay the course on Fed policy
- Syria rebels call for reinforcements as war spreads abroad
- Iran's rulers risk alienating voters by candidate bans
- France beefs up Africa, Middle East embassy security
- Militants release seven Egyptians kidnapped in Sinai
- UK coalition to last despite rifts, infighting: deputy PM
- Iran, Hezbollah increasing support for Assad: Britain
- Mugabe signs constitution into law, paving way for vote
- Afghanistan's Karzai gives India military equipment 'wish list'