* SAID ON THURSDAY THAT VOLUNTARY INSOLVENCY PROCEEDING OF SNIACE, CELLTECH AND VISCOCEL WAS CLASSIFIED "FORTUITOUS" BY THE INSOLVENCY ADMINISTRATION
BRIEF-Chongqing Iron & Steel says it has been confronted with an "austere situation" in both production and operation
* has been confronted with an austere situation in both production and operation, facing severe financial strain
WILMINGTON, Del., May 25 21st Century Oncology Holdings Inc, which bills itself as the world's largest operator of cancer treatment centers, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Thursday, citing changes in insurance reimbursement rates and uncertainty caused by political changes.
* Reaches agreement in principle with lenders and bondholders on comprehensive debt restructuring that includes new equity investment and would reduce long-term net debt by over $500 million
CHICAGO, May 25 Discount retailer Payless ShoeSource is investigating whether its leveraged buyout by private equity firms and the dividend payments they received led to its bankruptcy, according to court papers.
BRIEF-Panevezio says that decision on initiation of bankruptcy proceedings against Baltlitstroj OOO has entered into force
* SAYS THAT DECISION ON INITIATION OF BANKRUPTCY PROCEEDINGS AGAINST BALTLITSTROJ OOO, SUBSIDIARY COMPANY OF PANEVEZIO, HAS ENTERED INTO FORCE Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
May 25 Australian regenerative medicine maker Mesoblast Ltd said on Thursday it needed new funding from a third party partner or from capital raising to continue in business as it had cash reserves of $69.1 million.
ISTANBUL, May 24 Turkish authorities seized or appointed an administrator to a total of 879 companies worth 40.3 billion lira ($11.32 billion) in assets in the eight months since the failed coup last July, the state fund that runs the firms said on Wednesday.
* AM Castle & Co files to say $115 million of exchange notes offered to holders of prepetition second lien and third lien secured claims
SAO PAULO, May 23 Creditors of Brazil's Oi SA filed a motion this week in U.S. bankruptcy court to pressure the telephone operator to consider a proposal which could give lenders control of the restructured company, a source close to the lenders said.
- M&A: BRIEF-GSR Capital nearing deal to acquire Nissan Motor's rechargeable battery unit for about $1 bln - Bloomberg
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Epiris to keep focus on UK assets after Electra split
- Private Capital: BRIEF-Broadfin Capital reports passive stake of 12.74 pct in Corium International
- Hedge Funds: Investors bet on comeback: UK's Alan Howard amasses $3 billion
- Regulatory News: PRESS DIGEST- New York Times business news - May 26
Free Deals Newsletter
Do Ipsum Ab Id Sequi. Iste Doloremque Velit Et Veritatis. Exercitationem Deserunt Eu Irure Nostrud Sed.