MADRID, March 7 - The Spanish government is working against the clock to reach a deal with builders over a multibillion euro bail-out for nine bankrupt motorways which could directly hit the country's deficit.
MADRID, March 7 - Spain's government on Friday approved new rules to help struggling companies cut debt and avoid bankruptcy as the country heads into economic recovery with weak job growth.
LONDON, March 7 (IFR) - European banks are finding unexpectedly strong demand for Additional Tier 1 bonds that many investors a year ago said they would not buy, allowing them to shore up their capital base at extremely low costs.
PARIS, March 7 - French steel maker Ascometal went into administration on Friday, putting at risk up to 2,000 jobs in a fresh headache for the Socialist government as it tries to bring down unemployment from record levels.
* CCDS follow-up marks largest sterling capital trade since Lehman
March 6 - Detroit said in a court filing on Thursday it had reached an agreement with Barclays PLC for a $120 million loan that would allow it to invest in services and speed its path out of bankruptcy.
(Corrects paragraph 3 to 'about 1,000 investors', not '10,000')
SHANGHAI, March 7 - The Shanghai government has approved a city-owned investment company to buy non-performing loans from local banks, state media reported on Friday, becoming the latest Chinese local government bracing for an expected rise in bad debt.
* Ex-executives charged with covering up law firm's failing health * Four plead not guilty to criminal charges, SEC sues By Karen Freifeld and Jonathan Stempel NEW YORK, March 6 - Less than a month after writing that he did not want to "cook the books anymore," but facing a deadline to show lenders that Dewey & LeBoeuf had enough cash, the law firm's top finance executive emailed a colleague that he "came up with a big one," according to investigators. "You always do
* Bank offers to cash to retail investors for their bonds
- M&A: BUYOUTS-Oaktree floats new mezzanine fund
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce to buy Daimler stake of power systems unit with cash, borrowing
- Private Capital: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Hedge Funds: Computer-driven trade to grab market share in 2014
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 2-U.S. FDA asks Sanofi, Regeneron to assess cholesterol drug's cognitive risks
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
Omnis Ratione Ab Aliquip Quo. Veniam Nemo Officia Enim Esse. Odit Consequat Magna Cillum Illo Aspernatur Laboris.
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- U.S. job growth offers upbeat sign for weather-beaten economy
- MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
- Suspected Russian spyware Turla targets Europe, United States
- Netanyahu says Israel would give up 'some settlements' for peace
- Iran, world powers hold 'substantive and useful' nuclear talks
- In Ukraine, nationalists gain influence - and scrutiny
- Three killed in Cairo clashes, 48 wounded across Egypt
- Exclusive: Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |