DETROIT, Sept 2 - A federal judge on Tuesday denied motions by two bond insurance companies that sought to block Detroit from presenting certain evidence at a key hearing on the city's plan to exit bankruptcy.
(Updates with news on canceled U.S. Bankruptcy Court hearing and analyst comment, paragraphs 12-16.)
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J., Sept 2 - Shortly before sunrise on Tuesday, Morgan Capezzera reclined on the roulette table at the Revel Casino in her bikini and snapped a selfie before the Atlantic City gambling hall shut its doors for good.
Sept 2 - Jse: Ablp - Abl - South African Reserve Bank ("The Sarb") Investigation Into African Bank
LONDON, Sept 2 (IFR) - HSBC is preparing to sell its debut contingent convertible bond following a global investor roadshow as it seeks to meet new regulatory requirements and replenish its stock of Tier 1 capital.
LONDON, Sept 2 (IFR) - HSBC is preparing to sell its debut contingent convertible bond following a global investor roadshow, according to the bank.
* Says court dismissed bankruptcy claim filed by company's creditor Plast-Bud
DETROIT, Sept 2 Reuters) - Detroit's plan to recover from bankruptcy includes several blueprints for a new future. The only problem is the city, the largest ever to file for bankruptcy, is still a long way from financially healthy and its restructuring plans leave little room for error.
* Says Commercial Tribunal announced compulsory liquidation of its Techni Cine Phot unit on Aug. 6
SINGAPORE, Sep 2 (IFR) - Bank of China has picked nine banks for its debut issue of offshore Additional Tier 1 preferred shares, according to a banker close to the deal.
- M&A: GE, IMI, buyout funds line up bids for Italy's Petrolvalves -sources
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Permira launches sale of 850 mln euros of Hugo Boss shares -source
- Private Capital: UPDATE 2-Thoma Bravo to take Compuware private in $2.5 bln deal
- Hedge Funds: Risk-averse UK investors slash equity holdings in August
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 1-U.S. judge approves DOJ settlement with eBay over tech hiring
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
Neque Labore Voluptate Laboris Error Vel. Laudantium Laboriosam Enim Iste. Vel Ullam Fugiat Nesciunt Consequatur.