NEW YORK, Dec 9 - The trustee seeking money for Bernard Madoff's victims may be unable to pursue some claims against investment firms that fed client funds into the swindler's Ponzi scheme, a Manhattan federal judge said.
DETROIT, Dec 9 - The U.S. judge overseeing Detroit's bankruptcy on Monday set a hearing for Dec. 16 to consider whether to expedite appeals of his ruling that declared Detroit eligible for bankruptcy protection, allowing the appeals to proceed straight to the U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals.
TORONTO, Dec 9 - The court-appointed monitor for struggling Canadian wireless startup Mobilicity has extended the deadline for suitors to bid for the company by a week to Dec. 16, a regulatory filing shows.
DETROIT, Dec 9 - The U.S. judge overseeing Detroit's bankruptcy on Monday set a hearing for Dec. 16 to consider whether to allow appeals of his ruling that declared Detroit eligible for bankruptcy protection to proceed straight to the U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals.
TORONTO, Dec 9 - The deadline to bid in a court-supervised auction of struggling Canadian wireless startup Mobilicity has been extended by a week to Dec. 16, a regulatory filing showed.
Brazil's OGX Petróleo e Gas Participações, the Rio de Janeiro-based oil company controlled by Brazilian tycoon Eike Batista, changed its name to Petróleo e Gas Participações SA, the company said in a statement late on Friday.
RIO DE JANEIRO, Dec 9 - Brazil's Petróleo e Gas Participações SA, controlled by former billionaire Eike Batista, started oil production from a second well in its Tubarão Martelo offshore field, according to a regulatory filing on Monday.
WASHINGTON, Dec 7 - A U.S. Supreme Court justice on Saturday night denied a last-ditch effort by a group of consumers and travel agents to stop the merger of American Airlines and US Airways.
WASHINGTON, Dec 7 - A group of consumers and travel agents filed a last-ditch petition on Saturday to the U.S. Supreme Court to stop American Airlines and US Airways from merging, a move they fear would drive air travel prices up and service down and make planes more crowded.
BERLIN, Dec 7 - Eastern Germany's savings banks have written down their stake in stricken Landesbank Berlin (LBB) to 1 euro, the head of the association representing them said.
- M&A: SAC agrees to sell reinsurance business to investor group
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Lloyds to sell remaining stake in St James's Place
- Private Capital: Freedom Group could raise $225 million for investor opt-out -sources
- Hedge Funds: Britain to close hedge fund tax loopholes
- Regulatory News: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac to hike mortgage guarantee fees
- U.S. senators prepare legislation to pressure Iran
- U.S. Congress budget talks could produce Tuesday deal, aides say
- Palestinians say Kerry appeasing Israel over Iran at their expense
- Egypt to hold mid-January constitutional referendum: minister
- U.N. experts urge Iraq to probe fate of missing Iranian dissidents
- French army battles militias in Central African Republic's capital
- Friend and foe, world leaders coming together for Mandela |
- Exclusive: Russia signs deal to forgive $29 billion of Cuba's Soviet-era debt - diplomats
- Yanukovich backs Ukraine compromise talks as tensions rise |
- Car bomb near Iraqi cafe used by Sunni militia kills 11 |