LONDON - Pension schemes are changing their attitudes to hedge funds, bringing some into their mainstream equity portfolios in order to access products that offer protection in overheated markets.
LONDON - Activist investor Edward Bramson is ramping up his stake in UK private equity firm Electra, with his holding hitting 27.59 percent, according to a regulatory statement on Monday.
LONDON - Alliance Trust rejected Elliott Advisors proposals for a management overhaul on Friday, prompting a sharp reaction from the activist investor and setting the stage for a battle with one of the world's best-known hedge funds.
LONDON - A former trader at U.S. hedge fund Moore Capital was sentenced to 19 months in jail by a London court on Thursday after becoming the third man to plead guilty in Britain's largest insider dealing investigation.
LONDON - Investor requests to take out cash from hedge funds rose month on month in March, data from SS&C Technologies showed on Friday.
- An increasingly popular legal strategy that allows hedge funds to make potentially lucrative bets on takeover deals, and get a return even if they lose, may be about to become much less attractive.
LONDON - Former Brevan Howard star trader Chris Rokos has hired former Goldman Sachs co-head of Asia Pacific macro trading, Stuart Riley, as he gears up for one of Europe's most high-profile 2015 hedge fund launches.
LONDON - BlueCrest, the $14 billion hedge fund firm led by billionaire Michael Platt, is to open its high-performing equity fund to outside investors, marking a new attempt by one of Europe's biggest hedge funds to expand into the asset class
LONDON - Investors raised their allocations to hedge funds marginally in March, with inflows and outflows largely unchanged from a month earlier, data showed on Wednesday.
LONDON - When British investment firm Hargreaves Lansdown compiled a list of the best funds for its clients more than a decade ago, it came up with 150 names. Now only 84 make the grade.
- M&A: UPDATE 2-Comcast to form $4 bln investment arm with CFO at helm
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-RadioShack co-branding of stores with Sprint wins court approval
- IPOs: Asia Resource Minerals targets end June to complete recapitalisation
- Private Capital: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Regulatory News: U.S. to look into imports of plastic packaging materials
Free Deals Newsletter
Veritatis Amet Dicta Aute Adipisicing. Amet Non Duis Ipsam Unde Quo Enim. Adipisicing Commodi Eius Nesciunt Veniam Ratione Minim.