- Man Group plans to buy U.S. fund manager Silvermine Capital for up to $70 million, picking up $3.8 billion of assets under management to further strengthen its presence in the United States.
LONDON - Investors are optimistic about private equity, but reconsidering their allocations to hedge funds, a survey showed on Monday.
LONDON - The number of hedge fund launches fell to 240 in the three months to the end of September, the lowest level since the third quarter of last year, industry tracker HFR said on Thursday.
LONDON - Hedge funds and other large speculators increased their bets on rising Brent crude oil prices in the seven days to Dec. 2, exchange data showed on Monday, buying back into the oil market after more than a 40 percent fall in prices since June.
LONDON - Man Group, the world's biggest listed hedge fund, said on Monday it had agreed to manage a Merrill Lynch fund of hedge fund portfolio totalling $1.2 billion.
LONDON - Billionaire hedge fund manager Chris Hohn's firm nearly doubled its charitable donations in the year to end-February 2014, filings with Britain's Companies House show, following the best return in his $8 billion-plus fund since 2005.
- OPEC's decision not to cut oil output despite a market glut gave a late-month boost to several energy hedge funds in November, pushing them toward double-digit gains in a year marked by commodity fund closures.
LONDON - Hedge fund and property fund managers are facing unexpected charges and administrative hurdles to sell their funds across Europe, deterring some from doing so and cutting across the principle of an open market, lawyers and fund managers say.
LONDON - Cheyne Capital has joined forces with investors to launch a fund that will invest in British property for disadvantaged groups, the $6 billion London-based hedge fund firm said on Thursday.
LONDON - Aviva will shut its unit that invests in external hedge funds, the British insurer said on Wednesday, joining a growing number of so-called fund of hedge funds to have closed shop or merged with rivals as clients cut out the middleman.
- M&A: Nissan gaining Russia market share, less hurt than peers by rouble fall -CEO
- Bankruptcy: Social security disability firm Binder & Binder files for bankruptcy
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
- Private Capital: Thai TUF may need to raise equity after debt-fuelled Bumble Bee buy-CEO
- Regulatory News: Russian banks unable to meet capital adequacy ratios due to rouble slide - minister
Free Deals Newsletter
Explicabo Vel Magni Illum. Incididunt Dolore Labore Consequat Vitae Minima Eu. Nulla Eum Suscipit Enim.