LONDON - Smaller asset managers and hedge funds will drive an increase in the use of computer-driven equity trading strategies in 2014 as brokerages cut back on the services they offer to less profitable clients, a study shows.
LONDON - Hedge fund firm Man Group announced a share buyback and bumped up its dividend on Thursday, sending its stock price soaring, after it drew more new investment in the last quarter of 2013 that help it beat full-year profit forecasts.
LONDON - U.S. hedge fund Elliott Management Corp acquired derivatives equivalent to a stake of almost 11 percent in UK-based F&C Asset Management , a filing showed on Wednesday.
BRUSSELS - EU lawmakers and member states agreed curbs on fund managers' pay similar to new rules for bankers on Tuesday, including a three-year deferral of 40 percent of bonuses, legislation that could be in place next year.
LONDON - Hedge funds and other large investors raised their bets on higher Brent crude oil prices in the week to February 11, data from the InterContinental Exchange showed on Monday, rebounding after dropping to the lowest level in over a year.
LONDON - Paris-based investment firm La Francaise and Anglo-Italian hedge fund manager TAGES Capital are combining assets to form a European fund of hedge funds joint venture.
LONDON - Brevan Howard, one of the world's biggest hedge fund managers, is to shut its $2.3 billion emerging markets portfolio after a bout of poor performance, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Tuesday.
NEW YORK - Mathew Martoma, a former portfolio manager at billionaire Steven A. Cohen's SAC Capital Advisors hedge fund, was found guilty on Thursday of engaging in what prosecutors called the most lucrative insider trading scheme in U.S. history.
LONDON - Julian Rifat, a former equity trader at U.S. hedge fund Moore Capital, was charged on Wednesday in connection with Operation Tabernula, Britain's largest insider dealing investigation, becoming the ninth man charged in connection with the inquiry.
LONDON - ParFX, a currency trading platform launched to curb the advantage of high-frequency traders, will allow hedge funds to join banks in its trade to increase liquidity and create a wider trading community.
- M&A: SoftBank CEO says still keen to merge U.S. Sprint and T-Mobile
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 2-Mt. Gox files U.S. bankruptcy, opponents call it a ruse
- IPOs: PRESS DIGEST - Wall Street Journal - March 11
- Private Capital: Ackman to renew attack on Herbalife with aim on China business
- Regulatory News: PRESS DIGEST- New York Times business news - March 11
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
Guest blog from author and former hedge fund manager Lars Kroijer.
Nostrud Odit Architecto Totam In Dolor Sint. Explicabo Vel Aliqua Incidunt. Perspiciatis Nesciunt Nesciunt Suscipit Neque Explicabo Ex.
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report
- Governor Christie's trustworthiness takes a hit in New Jersey poll
- White House has optimistic growth forecast for 2014, 2015
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Syria among 'most dangerous places on Earth' for children: UNICEF |
- Chilean is first foreign fatality in Venezuela unrest
- Mt. Gox files U.S. bankruptcy, opponents call it a ruse
- Libya says halts tanker outside rebel port, plans military offensive