LONDON - Smaller asset managers and hedge funds will drive an increase in the use of computer-driven equity trading strategies in 2014 as brokerages cut back on the services they offer to less profitable clients, a study shows.
LONDON - Hedge fund firm Man Group announced a share buyback and bumped up its dividend on Thursday, sending its stock price soaring, after it drew more new investment in the last quarter of 2013 that help it beat full-year profit forecasts.
LONDON - U.S. hedge fund Elliott Management Corp acquired derivatives equivalent to a stake of almost 11 percent in UK-based F&C Asset Management , a filing showed on Wednesday.
BRUSSELS - EU lawmakers and member states agreed curbs on fund managers' pay similar to new rules for bankers on Tuesday, including a three-year deferral of 40 percent of bonuses, legislation that could be in place next year.
LONDON - Hedge funds and other large investors raised their bets on higher Brent crude oil prices in the week to February 11, data from the InterContinental Exchange showed on Monday, rebounding after dropping to the lowest level in over a year.
LONDON - Paris-based investment firm La Francaise and Anglo-Italian hedge fund manager TAGES Capital are combining assets to form a European fund of hedge funds joint venture.
LONDON - Brevan Howard, one of the world's biggest hedge fund managers, is to shut its $2.3 billion emerging markets portfolio after a bout of poor performance, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Tuesday.
NEW YORK - Mathew Martoma, a former portfolio manager at billionaire Steven A. Cohen's SAC Capital Advisors hedge fund, was found guilty on Thursday of engaging in what prosecutors called the most lucrative insider trading scheme in U.S. history.
LONDON - Julian Rifat, a former equity trader at U.S. hedge fund Moore Capital, was charged on Wednesday in connection with Operation Tabernula, Britain's largest insider dealing investigation, becoming the ninth man charged in connection with the inquiry.
LONDON - ParFX, a currency trading platform launched to curb the advantage of high-frequency traders, will allow hedge funds to join banks in its trade to increase liquidity and create a wider trading community.
- M&A: peHUB-JP Morgan Chase's sale of private equity arm stalls
- Bankruptcy: Spain struggles to pull together multibillion euro highway bail-out
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce to buy Daimler stake of power systems unit with cash, borrowing
- Private Capital: KKR retail investing chief has left company
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 1-No Italian on missing Malaysia Airlines plane, though listed
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
Guest blog from author and former hedge fund manager Lars Kroijer.
Architecto Adipisicing Exercitationem Suscipit Architecto. Magna Minim Quisquam Duis Eos Quasi Ratione. Nostrum Iste Voluptate Consectetur Laboriosam Dolor Magnam.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port
- JP Morgan Chase's sale of private equity arm stalls
- California election season starts with Democrats convention
- Israel brings arms ship to dock, hopes to shame Iran
- Syria government forces take village near Lebanese border
- Iraqi women protest against proposed Islamic law in Iraq
- Gulf airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Al Qaeda-linked militants in Lebanon apologize for civilian deaths