LONDON - Former Brevan Howard top trader Chris Rokos has received regulatory approval to start his own hedge fund, records with Britain's Financial Conduct Authority showed on Tuesday.
LONDON - Investor requests to take cash out of hedge funds rose in September after a torrid August when the funds lost nearly 2 percent on average, data released on Monday showed.
LONDON - For Jonathan Kinlay, no novice at setting up a hedge fund, this time round was much harder.
- The sharp falls in global stock markets in August potentially offer hedge funds that decide to bet on the outcome of merger deals a chance to make some juicy returns.
BEIJING - The China head of hedge fund manager Man Group Plc said on Monday that she had not been taken into custody by Chinese authorities, denying media reports that said she had been assisting a police investigation into market volatility.
LONDON - Former BlueBay fund managers Neil Phillips and Jonathan Fayman are preparing to launch a global hedge fund early next year, a source with direct knowledge of the matter said, as interest in macroeconomic investment stages a strong comeback.
LONDON/BEIJING - Shares in British hedge fund manager Man Group Plc fell more than 6 percent in early trade on Tuesday following a report the head of its China unit had been taken into custody as part of a probe into the country's recent market volatility.
LONDON - Aberdeen Asset Management has raised $500 million in a new fund that provides exposure to a selection of hedge fund managers and offers investors a chance to invest or take out their money on a daily basis.
LONDON - Qbasis, a hedge fund which more than doubled clients' money during the 2008 financial crisis, is cashing in again by exploiting fresh turmoil in global markets.
By Svea Herbst-Bayliss, Lawrence Delevingne and Tim McLaughlin
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Volkswagen to hold extraordinary board meeting on Wed-sources
- Bankruptcy: Clinton blasts Patriot Coal bankruptcy plan
- IPOs: BHP seeks hybrid as corporate market reels from Glencore
- Private Capital: REFILE-UPDATE 2-Supermarket chain Albertsons hopes to raise $1.7 bln in IPO
- Regulatory News: Luminex 'dark pool' enlists 73 members ahead of trading launch
Free Deals Newsletter
Odit Excepteur Nemo Nihil Unde Numquam Ipsum. Aliquid Excepteur Magnam Laborum Consectetur Quis. Perspiciatis Autem Natus Dolores.