LONDON Euro zone governments are increasingly relying on hedge funds to help them meet their borrowing needs, which risks leaving them vulnerable to a debt market sell-off driven by a class of investors dubbed "fast money" for their speculative approach.
LONDON Tucked into the attic of a Georgian building in London's West End, seven people run a $200 million hedge fund following artificial intelligence formulas. But the supercomputers that process their complex algorithms are nowhere to be seen.
LONDON Scottish hedge fund manager Hugh Hendry is betting on a break-up of the European Union in a trade he said could deliver 30-35 percent gains, the Reuters Global Investment Outlook Summit heard on Monday.
NEW YORK U.S. stocks are poised to climb more in 2017 as the policies of Republican President-elect Donald Trump are likely to boost earnings, Steven Einhorn, vice chairman of Hedge fund Omega Advisors, said on Monday.
Activist hedge fund Oasis Management Co Ltd has raised its stake in Britain's Premier Foods Plc to 5.18 percent, a regulatory filing on Thursday showed, sending the company's shares up as much as 4 percent.
TEL AVIV/LONDON, LONDON Hedge funds should stop making excuses for poor performance, the chairman of Lansdowne Partners said on Wednesday against a backdrop of weak average returns that have prompted some to pull their money out.
LONDON Man Group, the world's biggest listed hedge fund, announced a rise in third-quarter assets under management, an acquisition and plans to buy back $100 million of shares, sending its stock as much as 17 percent higher on Friday.
- M&A: BRIEF-American Hotel Income Properties REIT LP says sell on a bought deal basis, 9.8 mln Limited Partnership units of AHIP at a price of CDN$10.20 per unit
- Bankruptcy: Bondholders wait anxiously as BMPS fate hangs in the balance
- IPOs: UPDATE 3-Russia's Rosneft offers $9.4 bln in local bonds and eyes Egyptian investment
- Private Capital: BRIEF-Castle Creek Capital Partners reports 5.1 pct stake in Guaranty Bancorp
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 2-Brazil builder admits to World Cup stadium cartel in deal with regulator
Free Deals Newsletter
Est Quo Corporis Et Vel Tempor Quam. Ratione Aliquid Cillum Adipisci Cillum Consectetur. Nulla Error Magna Proident Reprehenderit Eum Aspernatur.