BOSTON - Fidelity Investments, whose market share has been eroded by the stampede out of actively managed portfolios, on Wednesday launched two funds that will seek to exploit investors' desire for passive index funds.
LONDON - Banks will have to hold more capital to cover investments in some "shadow banks", such as hedge funds and private equity, from January 2017, global regulators said on Friday.
- British hedge fund adviser GLG Partners LP and a former holding company agreed to pay about $9 million to settle U.S. regulatory charges that internal control failures had caused them to inflate a fund's assets and collect excessive fees.
LONDON - Traders launching a hedge fund need to raise at least $300 million in assets to pay for rising regulatory costs and to offset lower fees, a survey showed, a far cry from the pre-crisis days when managers could start with tens of millions.
LONDON - The British government said it plans to close tax loopholes used by hedge fund managers as it seeks to show it is forcing the rich to share the burden of tough austerity measures.
LONDON - Half of hedge funds now sell products traditionally the preserve of mainstream asset managers such as "long-only" strategies, a study shows, reflecting how conservative investors have come to dominate the industry's client base.
BOSTON - Emerging market billionaires, driven by vanity, easy money from the world's central banks and a quest for safe investments, are taking the contemporary art market to new heights.
LONDON/HONG KONG - Japan, a frustration for the world's sharpest hedge fund minds for more than a decade, is proving one of the industry's biggest winners this year.
LONDON - Hedge funds added to their performance gains in October as stock markets continued to rally, boosted by the United States avoiding a default on its debt and further signs the world's largest economies are growing, new data showed on Tuesday.
LONDON - Hedge fund start-up Rhodium Capital, run by former Bank of America star trader Iftikhar Ali, has begun life betting on a strong performance from corporate bonds over coming months.
- M&A: University of California need not disclose venture returns -court
- Bankruptcy: Wal-Mart-backed $161 mln deal to end gas can suits clears hurdle
- IPOs: Lloyds eyes exit from state ownership as RBS faces long haul
- Private Capital: Private equity firm Sycamore to buy Jones Group for $1.2 billion
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 2-Australia's Telstra to sell Hong Kong unit to Li's HKT for $2 bln
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Almost 90 hurt as ceiling collapses at London theatre |
- Obama administration says U.S. debt ceiling could be hit in February
- Troops clash in South Sudan, African states mediate
- Yanukovich offers Ukraine protesters nothing as Russian aid starts |
- Iran, six world powers resume expert talks on nuclear deal
- U.S. tries again to calm India over accused diplomat |
- U.S. senators make move toward more sanctions on Iran
- Secret detentions fuel Syrian 'campaign of terror': U.N.
- U.S. fears North Korean execution could be prelude to provocation