LONDON - Hedge funds and other large speculators last week raised their bets on a rise in Brent crude oil prices to the highest level since October, exchange data showed, highlighting the effect of Ukraine tensions on sentiment.
LONDON - Smaller asset managers and hedge funds will drive an increase in the use of computer-driven equity trading strategies in 2014 as brokerages cut back on the services they offer to less profitable clients, a study shows.
LONDON - Hedge fund firm Man Group announced a share buyback and bumped up its dividend on Thursday, sending its stock price soaring, after it drew more new investment in the last quarter of 2013 that help it beat full-year profit forecasts.
LONDON - U.S. hedge fund Elliott Management Corp acquired derivatives equivalent to a stake of almost 11 percent in UK-based F&C Asset Management , a filing showed on Wednesday.
BRUSSELS - EU lawmakers and member states agreed curbs on fund managers' pay similar to new rules for bankers on Tuesday, including a three-year deferral of 40 percent of bonuses, legislation that could be in place next year.
LONDON - Hedge funds and other large investors raised their bets on higher Brent crude oil prices in the week to February 11, data from the InterContinental Exchange showed on Monday, rebounding after dropping to the lowest level in over a year.
LONDON - Paris-based investment firm La Francaise and Anglo-Italian hedge fund manager TAGES Capital are combining assets to form a European fund of hedge funds joint venture.
LONDON - Brevan Howard, one of the world's biggest hedge fund managers, is to shut its $2.3 billion emerging markets portfolio after a bout of poor performance, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Tuesday.
NEW YORK - Mathew Martoma, a former portfolio manager at billionaire Steven A. Cohen's SAC Capital Advisors hedge fund, was found guilty on Thursday of engaging in what prosecutors called the most lucrative insider trading scheme in U.S. history.
LONDON - Julian Rifat, a former equity trader at U.S. hedge fund Moore Capital, was charged on Wednesday in connection with Operation Tabernula, Britain's largest insider dealing investigation, becoming the ninth man charged in connection with the inquiry.
- M&A: Sears' board approves spinning off Lands' End clothing business
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-Sandwich chain Quiznos files for bankruptcy protection
- IPOs: UPDATE 2-Ruias go ahead with 70 pence/share offer for Essar Energy
- Private Capital: GoDaddy eyes initial public offering -sources
- Regulatory News: U.S. judge will not change Pandora's songwriters licensing rate
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
Guest blog from author and former hedge fund manager Lars Kroijer.
Anim Labore Quisquam Dolores Elit. Deserunt Lorem Corporis Dolore Reprehenderit. Sunt Fugiat Autem Commodo Ipsam Aut.
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- Syrian forces enter rebel stronghold near Lebanese border: TV
- China's Xi assumes new role overseeing military reform
- South Korea expresses relief over Abe's comments on Japan war apologies
- Fed nominee Fischer: policy decisions are best made early
- Lebanon to allow citizens to resist Israel: policy statement
- El Salvador election runner-up appeals to top court for recount
- As hope withers, Palestinian president heads to Washington
- Lawsuit kicks off class action claims against GM