LONDON, Sept 19 A High Court judge called on Tuesday on Dana Gas and its creditors to agree on a way for a trial seen as shaping the future of Islamic finance to proceed and said he might complete it regardless of whether all parties were present.
LONDON, Sept 19 A London High Court judge on Tuesday adjourned until Thursday a trial on the validity of a sukuk, or Islamic bond, issued by UAE company Dana Gas in a case with implications for the global Islamic finance industry.
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 15 South Africa's Steinhoff priced the initial public offering (IPO) of its African unit at 20.50 rand on Friday, the middle of the marketed range and valuing the business at about 71 billion rand ($5.40 billion).
* UNILEVER NV ISSUES BONDS AMOUNTING TO GBP 250 MILLION, THAT WILL BE LISTED ON EURONEXT AMSTERDAM AS OF SEPT. 15 - EURONEXT
* SAYS APPROVES TO SPIN OFF COMPANY'S TANK-CONTAINER TRANSPORTATION BUSINESS INTO A WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARY
NEW YORK, Sept 13 Barclays Plc won the dismissal on Wednesday of U.S. class-action litigation by investors who bought its stock just months before the 2008 global financial crisis, and accused it of concealing its exposure to risky debt and an inability to manage credit risks.
LONDON, Sept 12 British motor insurer Sabre is planning an initial public offering (IPO) that could value it at 600 million pounds ($800 million) after failing to find a buyer, sources with knowledge of the matter said.
* Raised 300 million pounds, 500 million dollars of Tier 2 capital with a maturity of 10 years
MADRID, Sept 12 Spain's Banco Santander registered on Tuesday a prospectus to raise up to 981 million euros ($1.2 billion) in subordinated debt as part of a commercial offer to compensate some retail clients who acquired shares and subordinated debt of Banco Popular and were wiped out when the bank was wound down.
LONDON, Sept 12 (IFR) - Barclays plans to step up financing in its corporate and investment bank, particularly in fixed income and equity, as part of its plan to improve returns in the business.
- M&A: Buffett calls pessimists about United States 'out of their mind'
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 5-Toys 'R' Us seeks bankruptcy to survive retail upheaval
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-Progress Software pushes back against activist demands
- Hedge Funds: Investors bet on comeback: UK's Alan Howard amasses $3 billion
- Regulatory News: Uber reviews Asia business over bribery allegations in U.S. -Bloomberg