LONDON, Oct 23 - Tesco Chief Executive Dave Lewis said the group was not working on a rights issue, although he could not rule one out, as a profit slump in the first half ramped up the pressures on the business.
LONDON, Oct 23 (IFR) - Barclays is revamping its financial institutions group business for the second time in under two years, appointing Ben Davey as the sole head of financial institutions Europe, Middle East and Africa following the departure of Allen Appen earlier this month.
MANILA, Oct 23 - Philippine specialty retailer SSI Group Inc priced its initial public offering (IPO) at the top end of its indicative range, allowing it to raise $166 million in the country's third and biggest maiden share sale this year.
(Adds details throughout on planned listing and potential bidders and valuation)
FRANKFURT/LONDON, Oct 22 - Private equity firms are circling Bayer's 10 billion-euro ($12.7 billion) plastics business, hoping to divert the German drugmaker's plan to list the division, two people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
Underlying govt bond Over Mid-swaps, equivalent to 37.8bp
Oct 22 - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* Says will consider sale of RBS shares to retail investors
LONDON, Oct 21 - The body that manages Britain's bank stakes said it is closer to selling shares in Royal Bank of Scotland and has seen growing appetite from financial institutions interested in buying the shares.
* Placing of 2.5 million new ordinary shares to existing shareholders and new investors at 5.50 stg each, raising $22 million
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Russian court postpones ruling on Bashneft shares to Oct. 30
- Bankruptcy: Brazil OKs bankruptcy protection petition for Batista unit MMX Sudeste
- Private Capital: DEALTALK-As ETF M&A heats up, industry wonders who is next
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund exit requests drop to nine-month low
- Regulatory News: UK fraud prosecutor seeks extra 26.5 million pounds for big cases