* Deal makes UBM No.1 in U.S. events market on revenue basis - CEO
TOKYO, Oct 1 - The Japanese government has selected Nomura Securities and JP Morgan among the 11 underwriters for a planned initial public offering of state-owned Japan Post , the finance ministry said on Wednesday.
Oct 1 - Communications and events company UBM Plc said it would acquire Advanstar Communications, a privately-held trade show organiser, for $972 million in cash to increase its focus on the events business in North America.
* Acquisition of Advanstar Communications and rights issue
Oct 1 - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
Underlying govt bond Over the 2.25 pct September 2023 UKT
FRANKFURT/LONDON, Sept 30 - Cable operator Tele Columbus became the latest German company to announce plans to float shares as the country's traditionally risk-averse companies warm to capital markets after Alibaba's record-breaking $25 billion listing.
PRAGUE, Sept 30 - Czech hard coal miner New World Resources (NWR) said on Tuesday some holders of its debt would subscribe to 1.25 billion new shares left over from a rights issue after no other investors were procured.
LONDON/HONG KONG, Sept 30 - Global equity capital markets returned with a vengeance in 2014 as bankers, investors and companies led a charge that culminated spectacularly in Alibaba, the biggest share listing ever.
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Big U.S. wireless carriers, Dish plan bids in airwaves auction
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 4-Judge to make final ruling on Stockton bankruptcy late October
- Private Capital: Dutch chicken farmer Plukon put up for sale -FT
- Hedge Funds: Hedge funds hold fire on Tesco, eye rebound potential
- Regulatory News: Huge U.S. securities database to cost about $255 mln over 5 years