* Q1 adjusted EPS 25.0 pence vs consensus 24.5p (Adds further CEO comments, detail on competition)
SAO PAULO, April 26 Cargill Inc is part of a group of grain trading companies analyzing whether to build Brazil's Ferrogrão railway, which should require investments of up to 15 billion reais ($4.8 billion), O Estado de S. Paulo newspaper reported on Wednesday.
* Evolving systems selected to accelerate customer acquisition and optimize retail channels for leading african mobile carrier Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
April 26 GlaxoSmithKline CEO Emma Walmsley told reporters:
TOKYO, April 26 U.S. buyout firm KKR said on Wednesday it has agreed to buy Hitachi Ltd's chip-making equipment and video solution unit in a deal valuing the company at 257 billion yen ($2.3 billion), its second purchase of a Hitachi unit.
SOFIA, April 26 Bulgaria has decided to start talks with Sweden to acquire eight new Gripen combat jets made by SAAB, interim deputy prime minister Stefan Yanev said on Wednesday, as the Balkan country seeks to replace its ageing Soviet-designed MiG-29s.
* Completed sale of its 20 pct interest in Vivo Energy Holding B.V. to Vitol Africa B.V. for a total amount of $250 million
DUBAI, April 26 Malaysia Airlines has offered to lease as many as 8 Airbus A330 jets from struggling Italian carrier Alitalia, its chief executive told Reuters on Wednesday.
NEW YORK, April 26 As scores of investment bankers profit from the fee bonanza offered by Chinese companies hunting for deals in the United States, one group is conspicuously absent - Chinese banks.
SOFIA, April 26 Bulgaria has decided to start talks with Sweden to acquire eight new Gripen combat jets made by SAAB, interim deputy prime minister Stefan Yanev said on Wednesday.
- Finance: PRESS DIGEST- Canada - April 26
- Technology: Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
- Healthcare: Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
- Consumer: BRIEF-Deckers Outdoor explores strategic alternatives
- Energy: CORRECTED-Mining giants race to fill board leadership gaps
- Industrials: Tanker firm Frontline makes yet another offer for rival DHT