Sept 1 - Akzo Nobel NV Chief Executive Ton Buechner has been solicited for a deal to buy car paint coatings company Axalta Coating Systems for more than $7 billion, Bloomberg reported citing people familiar with the matter.
* Commission decision expected by Oct. 3 (Recasts, adds Commission questionnaire)
LONDON, Sept 1 - British cigarette maker Imperial Tobacco has closed loans of about $13 billion to back its acquisition of selected brands and assets from Reynolds American Inc, the lead banks said on Monday.
LONDON, Sept 1 - European shares edged higher to close near a recent one-month peak on Monday, with merger and acquisition speculation about British broadcaster ITV helping media stocks and Novartis leading drugmakers.
* Iliad in talks with partners possibly to improve its bid
LONDON, Sept 1 - European shares traded near a recent one-month peak on Monday, with merger and acquisition speculation about British broadcaster ITV helping media stocks and Novartis leading drugmakers.
BRUSSELS, Sept 1 - European Union antitrust regulators will decide by Oct. 3 whether to give the green light to U.S. orthopaedic products maker Zimmer Holdings' $13.4 billion takeover of rival Biomet Inc.
* Headline EPS at 1,723 cents, against forecast of 1,751 cents (Recasts, adds CEO comment, background)
BRUSSELS, Sept 1 - European Union competition regulators have until Oct. 3 to decide whether to approve U.S. drugmaker Eli Lilly and Co's $5.4 billion bid for Swiss peer Novartis's animal health business.
PARIS, Sept 1 - French low-cost telecom operator Iliad said it would continue its pursuit of T-Mobile US even though the owner of the U.S. fourth-place mobile operator, Deutsche Telekom, had rebuffed its first bid as too low.
- Finance: Israeli real estate investor Gazit-Globe Q2 profit jumps
- Technology: EU regulators to decide on Facebook, WhatsApp deal by Oct. 3
- Healthcare: Asia Private Equity Weekly News, Sept. 1, 2014
- Consumer: UPDATE 1-Heineken to sell Mexican can, bottle maker to Crown
- Energy: PRESS DIGEST- British Business - September 1
- Industrials: Borealis buys rest of Dutch plant from DuPont
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.