* Deal price not disclosed, sources had said about $333 million
TOKYO, Dec 25 - Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp has agreed to buy Citigroup Inc's Japanese retail banking business and merge it with its subsidiary SMBC Trust Bank, the companies said on Thursday.
BEIJING Dec 25 - China's Dalian Wanda Group Co, whose real estate arm just raised about $3.7 billion in a Hong Kong share sale, plans to invest more than $300 million for control of a Chinese third-party payment platform, sources familiar with the deal said.
CAIRO, Dec 24 - Kellogg Co, the world's largest breakfast cereal maker, once again raised its bid for Egyptian snackmaker Bisco Misr on Wednesday, topping a rival offer from the UAE's Abraaj in an intensifying $144 million takeover battle.
(Adds background about existing theatrical distribution arrangement in paragraph 4; details about potential alternative channels in paragraphs 5-7)
NEW YORK, Dec 24 - oAs falling oil prices have ripped through energy stocks this year, five U.S. corporate spin-offs in the sector have not escaped the share price carnage and face a tougher road to recovery than more-established companies.
CAIRO, Dec 24 - Kellogg Co. has raised its bid for Egypt's Bisco Misr to 89.86 Egyptian pounds ($12.57) per share, topping a rival offer by the UAE's Abraaj, the head of Egypt's financial regulator said on Wednesday.
BRUSSELS, Dec 24 - The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
* More bank support for major equipment makers (Updates with steps on fiscal funds)
* Says has extended its offer to purchase all of outstanding shares of common stock of Sapient for $25.00 /share
- Finance: UAE's Abraaj seeks to raise bid for Bisco Misr in last-ditch effort to beat Kellogg
- Technology: RPT-DEALTALK-Dealmakers turn their sights to U.S. billboards
- Healthcare: BRIEF-Smith & Nephew shares rise on report of Stryker bid interest
- Consumer: Sysco, US Foods must narrow gap with rival to clear merger -analysts
- Energy: Israeli gas group may seek arbitration in row with regulator
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-HeidelbergCement sells building products arm to Lone Star