* Carmike Cinemas Inc - on December 2, AMC Entertainment provided written notice to extend 'end date' of merger agreement to March 6, 2017 -sec filing Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* B&G Foods Inc - deal accretive to earnings per share and free cash flow
* Sirius XM Chairman Maffei recently approached Pandora board to express renewed takeover interest; approach didn't include price for Pandora- Bloomberg Source text : http://bloom.bg/2gWiyhu Further company coverage:
Dec 2 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2100 GMT on Friday:
BRIEF-Alpine Associates Management intends to vote against Privatebancorp's proposed acquisition by CIBC
* Alpine Associates Management Inc- intends to vote against Privatebancorp's proposed stock and cash acquisition by CIBC
* Acetylon Pharmaceuticals -Regenacy Pharmaceuticals to be launched by Acetylon Pharmaceuticals and Celgene Corporation agrees to complete acquisition of acetylon
ZURICH, Dec 2 Actelion's silence speaks volumes to the dozens of event-driven hedge funds piling into the Swiss biotech firm, betting that Johnson & Johnson's (J&J) approach will result in an outright takeover and handsome returns.
WASHINGTON, Dec 2 Billionaire investor Mark Cuban will be among the witnesses scheduled to testify at a U.S. Senate Judiciary panel hearing on Dec. 7 on AT&T Inc's proposed $85.4 billion acquisition of Time Warner Inc .
SAO PAULO, Dec 2 Shares in Braskem SA soared 10 percent in their biggest intraday gain in more than two months on Friday after Latin America's largest petrochemical firm said it is in advanced talks with authorities in Brazil and the United States for a leniency agreement related to a massive corruption scandal.
WASHINGTON, Dec 2 Billionaire investor Mark Cuban will be among the witnesses scheduled to testify at a U.S. Senate Judiciary panel hearing on Dec. 7 on AT&T Inc's proposed $85.4 billion acquisition of Time Warner Inc , a committee spokesman said Friday.
- Finance: Buffett's Berkshire is urged to sell fossil fuel stocks
- Technology: EU mergers and takeovers (Dec 2)
- Healthcare: BRIEF-Boston Scientific to buy Neovasc advanced biological tissue capabilities
- Consumer: Alibaba is not buying India's Snapdeal -source
- Energy: BRIEF-Franklin Street Properties announces acquisition of Dominion towers
- Industrials: Energy firms swoop on startups in billion-dollar technology race