Oct 18 Canada's Bank of Nova Scotia is exploring options for its gold business ScotiaMocatta, including a possible sale of the world's oldest gold trader, three sources familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
* ExxonMobil acquires crude oil terminal to serve growing Permian Basin production
BRASILIA, Oct 18 Brazil's antitrust authority on Wednesday approved a merger of Time-Warner Inc and AT&T Inc, and allowed the companies to keep all of their assets in the country, under certain conditions.
* Brazilian antitrust authority approves AT&T acquisition of Time Warner
* BD statement on European Commission conditional clearance of bard acquisition
* Reckitt, Elisa, Zalando fall after results (Recasts, adds details, updates prices)
(Adds McDonald's comment in 4th paragraph) SEOUL, Oct 18 South Korean investigators raided the Seoul office of McDonald's Corp on Wednesday following a series of complaints that children fell ill after eating hamburger patties alleged to have been undercooked, Yonhap News Agency and other media said. The Seoul central district prosecutors' office confiscated some documents and evidence at the office and three other companies, including an ingredient supplier, the
ATLANTA, Oct 18 Delta Air Lines Inc's chief executive on Wednesday said the carrier did not play a role in pushing an industry-changing deal between planemakers Airbus and Bombardier Inc, as a regulatory spat between the United States and Canada threatened the future of a Bombardier plane program.
* Sandy Spring Bancorp, Inc. and WashingtonFirst Bankshares, Inc. receive stockholder approvals for acquisition
BRASILIA, Oct 18 A key official on Brazil's antitrust watchdog Cade voted on Wednesday to approve AT&T Inc's acquisition of Time Warner Inc as long as both companies continued to run their Brazilian operations separately.
- Finance: EU mergers and takeovers (Oct 18)
- Technology: UPDATE 1-Bain defends Asatsu-DK bid as shareholder opposition grows
- Healthcare: UPDATE 3-Abbott's recent deals, medical device pipeline to fuel growth
- Consumer: BRIEF-Marriott's unit sells The Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
- Energy: BRIEF-Global acquires retail fuel and convenience store assets from Honey Farms
- Industrials: Hitachi not planning to raise stake in Ansaldo STS at present