Mergers & Acquisitions
Dec 6 - AT&T has asked regulators to let it ignore a shareholder request for details of its customer-information sharing with government agencies, a move that could forestall a heated debate at the telecommunications giant's annual meeting.
MEXICO CITY, Dec 6 - Mexican senators on Friday neared agreement on a bill that would allow private investors to drill for oil and market the country's black gold, but keep ownership of the crude in state hands.
Dec 6 - Sallie Mae Corp, the largest U.S. student loan provider, filed regulatory documents on Friday that will enable it to split into two companies, a move it first announced in May to try to win better stock market valuation for its private student-lending business.
NEW YORK, Dec 6 - A federal judge on Friday rejected a last-ditch effort by consumers and travel agents to stop American Airlines and US Airways from merging next week, a move they fear would drive prices up and service down and make planes more crowded.
Dec 6 - Walt Disney Co has gained marketing and distribution rights for any future "Indiana Jones" films under an agreement with Paramount Pictures, the studio that released the first four movies in the blockbuster franchise.
MEXICO CITY, Dec 6 - Mexican senators on Friday were near agreement on offering private companies lucrative contracts to drill for oil, but the draft constitutional reform's presentation was delayed to allow details to be hammered out.
SANTIAGO, Dec 6 - Moody's Investors Service downgraded Chilean bank CorpBanca on Friday, citing fears about the impact on the bank of problems at a linked business also owned by billionaire Alvaro Saieh.
NEW YORK, Dec 6 - A federal judge on Friday rejected a last-ditch effort by consumers and travel agents to stop American Airlines and US Airways from merging next week, which they fear would drive prices up and service down and make planes more crowded.
Dec 6 - * U.S. judge rejects effort by consumer group to block merger of AMR Corp
NEW YORK, Dec 6 - Top U.S. cable provider Comcast Corp has tapped JP Morgan Chase & Co for advice as it evaluates a potential bid for Time Warner Cable Inc , people familiar with the matter said.
- Finance: UPDATE 5-Struggling Sears to spin off Lands' End clothing business
- Technology: U.S. FCC delays incentive auction of airwaves to mid-2015
- Healthcare: M&A revival only hope for another record high-yield year
- Consumer: CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-Struggling Sears to spin off Lands' End
- Energy: UPDATE 1-ENI CEO plays down prospect of quick share buyback
- Industrials: UPDATE 3-Nestle sells Givaudan stake as it trims portfolio
- Sports-mad South Africa salutes Mandela "The Captain" |
- Hagel in Kabul amid crisis over vital U.S., Afghan security pact
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
- French, African troops try to halt Central African Republic killings
- Russia-Ukraine talks fuel suspicion, anger in Kiev
- Thai PM says Shinawatras want peace, not power
- Obama takes up new agenda item after battering on healthcare
- Thailand will help with any Rohingya investigation: PM
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal