FRANKFURT, April 25 - If running a global bank is complicated, cutting one back is even more difficult.
BERLIN, April 25 - The head of Germany's Bundesbank said on Saturday he had misgivings about granting emergency funding to Greece as the liquidity situation at the country's banks has not improved.
TORONTO/MONTREAL, April 24 - Stingray Digital Group, a business-to-business music provider and media company, said on Friday it plans to go public through a listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
* First quarter results to be published on Sunday (Adds details from trade union statement, background)
WASHINGTON, April 24 - Comcast Corp's failed bid to buy Time Warner Cable Inc is the latest muscle flex by U.S. antitrust enforcers and will likely deter chief executives from pursuing aggressive transactions as a way to spend excess cash.
FRANKFURT, April 24 - Deutsche Bank will cut back investment banking, split off its Postbank retail chain and slash costs, the group said late on Friday, in a restructuring plan designed to restore profitability.
BRASILIA, April 24 - Brazil is unlikely to have new railway projects in its plan to lure private investment to improve the country's aging infrastructure and aid the stagnant economy.
NEW YORK, April 24 - Teva Pharmaceutical Industries' bid for Mylan NV would create a company controlling nearly 25 percent of the U.S. generics market, including drugs in short supply, according to industry experts and a Reuters review of regulatory filings.
April 24 - The following financial services industry appointments were announced on Friday. To inform us of other job changes, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 24 - Charter Communications Inc representatives have reached out to Time Warner Cable to begin discussions on a potential merger, a person familiar with the matter said on Friday.
- Finance: REFILE-UPDATE 4-HSBC looks at moving HQ from Britain as tax and regulations bite
- Technology: Charter advisers in talks with Time Warner Cable - Bloomberg
- Healthcare: Mylan says to commence offer for Perrigo
- Consumer: UPDATE 1-Scholastic to sell EdTech business to Houghton Mifflin
- Energy: PRESS DIGEST- Canada- April 24
- Industrials: Scholastic to sell EdTech business to Houghton Mifflin for $575 mln