July 28 - Darden Restaurants Inc said Clarence Otis would step down as chairman and chief executive officer, buckling under pressure from activist investors Barington Capital Group LP and Starboard Value LP.
* Company to beat Dollar General as top N. America discount chain
July 28 - Darden Restaurants Inc said Clarence Otis would step down as chairman and chief executive, buckling under pressure from activist investors Barington Capital Group LP and Starboard Value LP.
NEW YORK, July 28 - FleetCor Technologies Inc and buyout firms including Carlyle Group LP and Silver Lake Partners LP are vying to acquire payments processing company Comdata Inc for more than $3 billion, according to people familiar with the matter.
MILAN, July 28 - Italian insurer Generali will complete the buyout of GPH, an eastern European joint venture it holds with Czech group PPF, by purchasing the 24 percent stake it does not yet own for 1.235 billion euros as planned, it said on Monday.
LONDON/TORONTO, July 28 - Canada's Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan wants to increase its stake in Britain's Bristol Airport from the current 49 percent as Australian asset manager Macquarie Group is reportedly seeking a buyer for its 50 percent stake.
TORONTO, July 28 - Canada's Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan said on Monday it plans to increase its ownership of Britain's Bristol Airport from the current 49 percent as Australian asset manager Macquarie Group reportedly shops for buyers for its 50 percent stake.
NEW YORK, July 28 - The U.S. leveraged loan market is showing no signs of a seasonal slowdown. A flurry of opportunistic leveraged loans from issuers backed by strong demand from institutional investors suggests that the market may have recovered from a bout of weakness earlier this year just as geopolitical risk is increasing.
NEW YORK, July 28 - Carlyle Group LP is in advanced talks to acquire Acosta Sales and Marketing, in a deal that could value the consumer goods marketing agency at close to $5 billion including debt, a person familiar with the matter said on Monday.
LONDON, July 28 - Private equity firm Astorg Partners has acquired a majority stake in Luxembourg-based satellite TV business M7, the companies announced on Monday.
- Technology: BRIEF-Ambient files for chapter 11 bankruptcy in Delaware - court documents
- Healthcare: INDIA PRESS-Sime Darby, Netcare in talks to buy 51 pct of Vasan Healthcare -Economic Times
- Consumer: RLPC-KKR lines up 600 mln euro loan to buy rest of WMF
- Energy: KKR to invest in troubled sand maker Preferred Sands
- Industrials: CORRECTED-Ontario Teachers likely to buy rest of UK's Bristol Airport - source
- M&As: UPDATE 5-Property website Zillow to buy rival Trulia to cut costs
- Bankruptcy: Hold-out creditor argues for dismissal of Detroit bankruptcy case
- IPOs: REFILE-MOVES-BoA Merrill Lynch appoints global equity capital markets heads
- Hedge Funds: Ireland to give green light for hedge funds to lend
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 2-Consumer Reports wants Toyota to recall older Camry hybrids
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
Duis Fugiat Enim Sit. Quo Anim Perspiciatis Corporis. Ipsa Accusantium Consequat Dolore Porro Ad.