FRANKFURT, March 5 - Buyout firm CVC has sold about 18 million shares, a stake of about 3.9 percent, in German chemicals group Evonik at slightly more than 29 euros ($32) per share on the open market, a spokesman for Evonik said on Thursday.
VIENNA, March 5 - Austrian lender BAWAG PSK forecast more growth this year after net profit swelled 45 percent to 333 million euros ($367.4 million) in 2014, driven by its retail and small business segments and cost cuts.
DUBAI, March 5 - Here are some factors that may affect Middle East stock markets on Thursday. Reuters has not verified the press reports and does not vouch of their accuracy.
HONG KONG, March 5 - Private equity firm CVC Capital Partners, a unit of Carlyle Group LP and Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC raised a combined $710 million after Hong Kong's second-largest broadband Internet provider, HKBN Ltd, priced its IPO at the top of expectations, people familiar with the deal said on Thursday.
HONG KONG, March 5 - Private equity firm CVC Capital Partners, a unit of Carlyle Group LP and Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC raised a combined $710 million after Hong Kong's second-largest broadband Internet provider, HKBN, priced its initial public offering at the top of expectations, IFR reported on Thursday citing people familiar with the deal.
March 4 - British online luxury fashion company Farfetch said it raised $86 million from investment firm DST Global and existing shareholders, valuing the company at $1 billion.
BRUSSELS, March 4 - The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
* Transparency, costs, to drive private banking consolidation
March 4 - Private equity firms Bain Capital LLC and Golden Gate Capital Corp are competing to acquire Ann Inc , the struggling U.S. women's retailer and owner of the Ann Taylor brand, according to people familiar with the matter.
LONDON/STOCKHOLM, March 4 - Two bidding groups are lining up final offers for the Swedish power grid of Finnish utility Fortum that could be worth around 6 billion euros ($6.7 billion), ahead of a March 11 deadline, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.
- Technology: TRLPC-Evry's 5.5 bln crown buyout loan launches for syndication
- Healthcare: Buyout groups line up bids for Philips' lighting business - sources
- Consumer: UPDATE 1-Caesars' operating unit files bankruptcy exit plan
- Energy: Enel expects four bids for Slovak utility stake - sources
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-Three bidding groups vie for Morgan Stanley gas network-sources
- M&As: PRESS DIGEST- New York Times business news - March 5
- Bankruptcy: Judge tells Atlantic City's Revel Casino to seek higher bid
- IPOs: London Stock Exchange full-year profit driven by most IPOs since 2007
- Hedge Funds: Activist hedge funds' assets swell six-fold in ten years
- Regulatory News: Investors agonise over Indonesia's floundering anti-graft drive
Free Deals Newsletter
Adipisci Ea Sint Sit Numquam. Laboris Magna Incidunt Amet. Natus Ipsa Accusantium Vitae Aut Rem Sit.