(Corrects headline and first paragraph to show the Karpeles is the chief executive of Mt. Gox, not the founder)
April 18 - A group led by private equity firm TPG Capital Management LP has agreed to invest $450 million in Airbnb Inc, valuing the online home-rental marketplace at $10 billion, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters.
April 17 - A group of investors, which is seeking to buy Mt. Gox, has launched a website to garner support from creditors of the bankrupt bitcoin exchange to prevent a liquidation of its assets.
(Rewrites throughout on banks' diverging strategies; adds analyst and investor comments)
WASHINGTON, April 17 - Fewer than 1 percent of partnerships with more than $100 million in assets, including hedge funds and private equity firms, are audited by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, a government report said on Thursday.
April 17 - Michaels Stores Inc, the biggest U.S. arts and crafts retailer, on Thursday confirmed that there was a security breach at certain systems that process payment cards at its U.S. stores and that of its unit, Aaron Brothers.
April 17 - Michaels Stores Inc, the biggest U.S. arts and crafts retailer, on Thursday confirmed that there was a breach of certain systems that process payment cards at its U.S. stores and that of its unit, Aaron Brothers.
April 17 - The following U.S.- and Canada-listed companies reported earnings on Thursday. This list shows whether they beat, met or missed Wall Street analysts' forecasts. It also shows the difference between analysts' expectations and reported results. The figures are provided by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. Revenue figures are in millions. Company Name Ticker Qtr Industry Curr EPS Est EPS Act Diff EPS Rev Est Rev Act Diff Rev ACACIA RESEARCH
* Total assets under management up 25 pct y/y to $272 bln as of end-March
(Adds Barclays, Willis North America, BNY Mellon Wealth Management)
- Financial: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Technology: CORRECTED-UPDATE 1-Shares of Travelocity owner Sabre rise in debut
- Healthcare: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Consumer: CORRECTED-Shares of Travelocity owner Sabre rise 7 percent in debut
- Energy: Shipping firms turn to equity markets as sector eyes recovery
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-Abu Dhabi state fund Mubadala's profit jumps
- M&As: UPDATE 1-Merger talks between Barrick Gold and Newmont Mining break down -WSJ
- Bankruptcy: CORRECTED-UPDATE 1-Mt. Gox suitors seek support to save bitcoin exchange
- IPOs: BRIEF-Co-op Group prices 50 mln euros first mortgage debenture stock due 2018
- Hedge Funds: Apocalypse Now? China 'bears' hope for their "told you so" moment
- Regulatory News: Exchanges, brokerages hit with high-speed trading class action
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
Aspernatur Modi Sit Duis Porro. Nemo Culpa Ipsam Consectetur Laboris. Irure Laborum Numquam Reprehenderit.
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- Obama signs law to bar Iran diplomat from serving in U.N. post
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Powerful earthquake rattles Mexico, shakes buildings
- Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- Italy PM Renzi cuts taxes for 10 million low earners
- Obama-Abe summit to aid trade talks, not seal deal: U.S. official
- Top Hollande aide quits in conflict of interest row
- GM could benefit, too, from an ignition-switch victims fund