SAN FRANCISCO, March 1 A decade ago, Lightspeed Venture Partners was an obscure firm investing in highly technical startups that were mostly unknown outside of Silicon Valley.
BERLIN, March 1 Some of the world's biggest private equity firms are growing increasingly nervous that the sector is heading for a downturn after years of stellar returns fuelled by low interest rates and strong demand for alternative investments.
MILAN, March 1 Capital Research & Management has strengthened its position as the top shareholder in UniCredit and now owns a stake of more than 8 percent in Italy's biggest bank, La Stampa daily said on its website.
* Muse Biotechnology Inc files to say it raised about $23 million in equity financing - SEC filing Source text: (http://bit.ly/2lU6OkO)
BRIEF-Third Point sells 5.9 mln shares of Baxter International's common stock in block trade on Feb 28
* Third Point LLC says on Feb 28, it sold about 5.9 mln shares of Baxter International Inc's common stock in a block trade at $50.35 per share
* Three buyout firms vie for generic drugmaker (Adds background on bidding process, multiples)
BRUSSELS, March 1 The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
* Life sciences company Grail Inc says it has raised over $900 million through first close of its previously announced Series B financing
BERLIN, March 1 Co-chief executive of buyout fund Carlyle Group David Rubenstein said on Wednesday private equity investors in the energy, healthcare, industrial and financial sectors are likely to benefit from the new U.S. administration.
March 1 Swedish private equity firm Altor said on Wednesday it would not hike its offer for call-center firm Transcom, sending Transcom shares, which had been trading above the bid level, lower.
- Technology: Ofo, Chinese bike-sharing firm, raises $450 mln in latest funding round
- Healthcare: Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
- Consumer: Fashion house BCBG Max Azria files for bankruptcy
- Energy: Goldman, shareholders sell South Korea's Daesung Industrial Gases
- Industrials: BRIEF-Altor says will not raise offer for Transcom
- M&As: Stevia-sweetened drinks maker Zevia open to stake sale, not buyout
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 3-Puerto Rico sees $1.2 bln a year in debt service spending
- IPOs: Ardagh plans IPO in New York this quarter -chairman
- Hedge Funds: Brexiteer Odey's fund loses 369 million euros
- Regulatory News: U.S. says steel rebar imports being dumped in U.S. market