* Higher prices, lower costs boost margins across most units
WASHINGTON, July 23 - U.S. securities regulators adopted rules on Wednesday designed to curb the risk of investor runs on money market funds, capping the end of a years-long heated debate between regulators and the industry dating to the financial crisis.
LONDON, July 23 - Motor sports company Formula One's latest $3.8 billion loan refinancing pays a $1 billion dividend which brings total shareholder payouts to around $3.5 billion in four separate debt deals, according to Thomson Reuters LPC data.
LONDON, July 23 - GlaxoSmithKline has seen "very significant" interest from mid-sized pharmaceutical companies and private equity firms in acquiring a range of older drugs that it plans to divest, the drugmaker's chief executive said on Wednesday.
LONDON, July 22 - Fidelity Worldwide Investment said on Tuesday it planned to boost its UK equities team by acquiring the City Financial UK Opportunities Fund, led by market-beating manager Leigh Himsworth.
* FCA imposes recruitment ban on the Financial Group for failing to control its appointed representatives
HONG KONG, July 23 - China's WH Group Ltd, the world's biggest pork company, has decided to stop taking orders from institutional investors for its $2.05-billion Hong Kong initial public offering ahead of time because of strong demand for the deal, IFR reported on Wednesday, citing a source with knowledge of the plans.
DUBLIN, July 23 - State-backed British lender Royal Bank of Scotland is considering selling its Irish unit Ulster Bank to a private equity firm, the Irish Examiner reported on Wednesday, citing unnamed sources.
NAIROBI, July 23 - Ascent, a Kenyan private equity firm, has raised $50 million for investment in about a dozen fast-growing companies across the east Africa region, it said on Wednesday.
- Technology: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Healthcare: Ackman says Valeant-Allergan deal looks closer-CNBC
- Consumer: INDIA PRESS-Leela Group sells Kochi IT Park to Carnival for 2.80 bln rupees-Economic Times
- Energy: Max Petroleum says reviewing strategic options
- Industrials: Maersk's APM Terminals to sell container terminal in Virginia
- M&As: PRESS DIGEST- British Business - July 24
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 2-Argentine president says debt stance not made on a whim
- IPOs: BRIEF-Ballast Nedam announces 88.2 pct take-up in rights offering
- Hedge Funds: Argentine default in balance as government refuses to capitulate
- Regulatory News: CORRECTED-UPDATE 1-McDonald's CEO: 'deceived' by audit of China meat plant
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
Dicta Odit Adipisicing Iste Dicta Totam. Fugiat Modi Sint Eius. Sequi Quam Neque Rem Fugiat.