(Adds Charles Schwab, Morgan Stanley and New York City Comptroller)
(Naspers, Club Med, Obi, Aviva Plc, Korea Gas Corp, UniCredit)
Nov 21 - Don Cornwell, a banker who advised the Buffalo Bills NFL team on their sale earlier this year, is leaving Morgan Stanley to join the new advisory firm headed by investment banker Paul Taubman, according to a person familiar with the matter.
NEW YORK, Nov 21 - Regulators' attempts to clarify U.S. leveraged lending guidelines have answered some questions raised by banks, but also added fresh layers of complexity into loan underwriting decisions, banking sources said.
NEW YORK, Nov 21 (IFR/TRLPC) - Banks are not shying away from underwriting highly leveraged buyouts even as the buyside balks at some recent deals deemed to have too much debt and regulators continue to warn lenders to keep leverage levels in check.
Nov 21 - Dow Chemical Co averted a proxy fight with Dan Loeb's hedge fund, Third Point LLC, by agreeing to add four independent directors to its board, sending its shares up as much as 4.5 percent.
(Corrects first bullet point to remove incorrect reference to Valeant's prior stake in Allergan)
LONDON, Nov 21 (IFR) - Towergate told its bondholders on Friday that private equity firm Advent is now the majority owner of the troubled UK insurance broker, confirming a report from IFR earlier in the week.
Nov 20 - Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc said it cut its stake in Allergan Inc to 0.1 percent, three days after Actavis Plc trumped its offer for the Botox maker.
- Technology: Naspers launches sale of Swiss online retailer Ricardo - sources
- Healthcare: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Consumer: EU mergers and takeovers (Nov 21)
- Energy: TRLPC-International banks gear up for Russian lending in 2015
- Industrials: TRLPC-Bankers ready 4.5 bln euros of debt for Lafarge Holcim assets
- M&As: SGL says in talks with many carmakers to supply carbon fibre parts
- Bankruptcy: Ex-Dewey execs seek trial delay amid insurance dispute
- IPOs: RPT-Aviva agrees to possible 5.6 bln stg deal to buy Friends Life
- Hedge Funds: BlueBay's $1.4 billion hedge fund closure exposes 'key man' risk
- Regulatory News: U.S. judge blocks New Jersey sports betting law
Free Deals Newsletter
Ut Odit Et Architecto Sed Laudantium Ullamco. Reprehenderit Eius Iste Ab Minima. Nihil Aut Odit Magni Amet Aperiam Laudantium.