SAO PAULO, March 11 - Bank of America Corp on Tuesday named Rodrigo Xavier as the top executive for its wholesale and investment banking unit in Brazil, where the second-largest U.S. lender has enjoyed fast growth in recent years.
BOSTON, March 11 - Blackstone Group, the world's biggest alternative asset manager, said on Tuesday it has agreed to buy most of cybersecurity firm Accuvant Inc from investment firm Sverica International.
BRUSSELS, March 11 - The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
KOBLENZ, Germany, March 11 - Germany's Nuerburgring has been sold to motor sport industry supplier Capricorn Group for more than 100 million euros ($139m), ending a months-long search to find new owners for the world's longest racetrack, which became insolvent in 2012.
(Corrects spelling of buyer Emeram in first, third paragraph)
BOSTON, March 11 - Steven A. Cohen, whose hedge fund SAC Capital Advisors pleaded guilty to insider trading, is changing the name of his firm to Point72 Asset Management as it shifts focus to managing his own assets from serving as a hedge fund for wealthy investors following an agreement with the U.S. government.
LUSAKA, March 11 - Standard Chartered's private equity arm has acquired a quarter of Zambia's Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc for $57 million, its first investment in the growing African power industry.
Lusaka, March 11 - Standard Chartered's private equity arm has acquired around a quarter of Zambia's Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc for $57 million, its first such investment in the growing African power industry.
March 11 - Investment bank Houlihan Lokey Inc will acquire smaller rival ArchPoint Partners to expand its technology mergers business, the Wall Street Journal reported.
* Sale would give IHH presence in growing Australian healthcare industry
- Technology: Warburg Pincus seeks buyer for software firm iParadigms-sources
- Healthcare: UPDATE 2-Medical device maker Biomet files for IPO of up to $100 mln
- Consumer: Ackman to renew attack on Herbalife with aim on China business
- Energy: UPDATE 1-Bidders submit binding offers for RWE unit DEA - sources
- Industrials: Permira looking to float Japanese agri company Arysta on NYSE- FT
- M&As: AstraZeneca sells R&D site, to take $275 mln charge
- Bankruptcy: NRG Energy's U.S. customer base expands by 30 pct with Dominion deal
- IPOs: RPT-Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest
- Hedge Funds: Hedge funds raise Brent oil bets to highest since October
- Regulatory News: Russia's Vimpelcom says US SEC, Dutch authorities probing co
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
Cillum Inventore Adipisicing Porro Ipsa. Pariatur Nulla Dicta Perspiciatis Architecto. Dolore Qui Enim Rem Magnam Enim.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Once-genteel Caracas plaza is ground zero for protests
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- U.N. refugee chief warns world powers not to forget Syria conflict
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee
- Bachelet takes power in Chile, vows to fight inequality
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade: U.N.
- Men's Wearhouse stitches up deal to buy Jos. A. Bank
- Death of Turkish boy hurt in protests rekindles unrest across country |