Aug 29 - Carlyle Group LP has agreed to pay $115 million to settle a lawsuit accusing it of conspiring with other buyout firms not to outbid each other on some takeovers that occurred prior to the financial crisis, a person familiar with the matter said on Friday.
Aug 29 - Carlyle Group LP agreed to pay $115 million to settle a lawsuit that accused it and several other large private equity firms of conspiring not to outbid each other on takeovers prior to the financial crisis, according to a source familiar with the matter.
LONDON/STOCKHOLM, Aug 29 - Norway's second-biggest cable operator Get expects to receive binding offers from Denmark's TDC and two private equity funds in a sale that could value the company at around 1.4 billion euros ($1.84 billion) including debt, sources familiar with the situation said.
TORONTO, Aug 29 - Burger King's proposed $11.5 billion acquisition of Canada's Tim Hortons may offer big tax benefits to the U.S. fast food chain but the real tax winner is likely to be its controlling shareholder, 3G Capital.
LONDON, Aug 29 - Norway's second-biggest cable operator Get expects to receive binding offers from Denmark's TDC and two heavyweight private equity funds in a sale that could value the company at around 1.4 billion euros ($1.84 billion) including debt, several sources familiar with the situation said.
(Corrects spelling of Emily Weisburst's name in second paragraph)
LONDON, Aug 29 - European private equity firm Bridgepoint has bought British foreign exchange provider Moneycorp for 212 million pounds ($351.8 million), the fund said on Friday.
* Says to sell 25.1% stake in unit Adesso SA to 21 Concordia 1 Sarl for 35 million zlotys
* Provides following update with regard to its cooperation agreement with LightSquared
TOKYO, Aug 29 - Mori Trust Co has bought a Tokyo wedding venue and office complex from U.S. investment fund Lone Star for around 130 billion yen ($1.25 billion), a source with knowledge of the matter said, in another sign the property market is recovering.
- Technology: RLPC-Bankers prep 5 bln euros of leveraged loans for host of sales
- Healthcare: Johnson & Johnson to seek buyer for medical device maker unit -WSJ
- Consumer: Car parts distributor Transtar up for sale -sources
- Energy: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Industrials: BRIEF-Helicopter operator NHV to merge with peer Blueway
- M&As: CORRECTED-BRIEF-Fairfax Financial to buy Pethealth Inc for $2.79 per share in cash
- Bankruptcy: Part of Espirito Santo empire may try to block sale of insurer
- IPOs: UPDATE 2-Miner NWR averts insolvency as bondholders back rescue plan
- Hedge Funds: Risk-averse UK investors slash equity holdings in August
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 1-U.S. judge dismisses aluminum price-fixing litigation
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
Fugiat Illum Magni Ipsum Nostrud Duis. Amet Magni Nisi Incidunt Lorem Irure Incidunt. Ratione Tempora Quisquam Iste Accusantium.