Dec 12 - SAC Capital Advisors LP is considering a revamp of its business, including scaling back ties with some banks and renaming itself, as it attempts to emerge from an insider-trading scandal and forge a new identity, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.
TOKYO, Dec 13 - Investment by Japan's Government Pension Investment Fund (GPIF) in infrastructure projects abroad will amount to less than 1 percent of its 120 trillion yen ($1.16 trillion) fund, Takatoshi Ito, a government advisory panel member, told reporters on Friday.
HONG KONG, Dec 13 - Asian private equity firm PAG said on Friday it has invested $250 million into theme park operator Universal Studios Japan, joining other investors including Goldman Sachs, MBK Partners and Owl Creek.
Dec 12 - Construction material supplier Texas Industries Inc's owners are exploring a sale of the company and are working with Citigroup to find a buyer, Bloomberg reported on Thursday, citing three people with knowledge of the matter.
SYDNEY, Dec 13 - Canadian dairy Saputo Inc on Friday said it had extended its offer for Australia's Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory Co by a week, pending a regulatory proceeding.
TOKYO, Dec 12 - Japan's Government Pension Investment Fund, the world's largest public pension fund, will start buying inflation-linked government debt from April and will join Canada's OMERS in investing in infrastructure projects abroad, people familiar with the process said on Friday.
DUBLIN, Dec 12 - Ireland picked a consortium led by Britain's Centrica for a 1.12 billion euro ($1.5 billion) acquisition of the retail unit of its gas utility Bord Gais, a major milestone as it prepares to complete its international bailout programme.
* Engages in financial housecleaning so Barra can focus on operations
Dec 12 - Shares of Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc , the world's largest hotel operator, rose more than 9 percent in afteroon trading during their New York Stock Exchange debut on Thursday.
Dec 12 - TrueCar.com, a car pricing information website, said it received a $30 million investment from Microsoft Corp co-founder Paul Allen's Vulcan Capital.
- Technology: US STOCKS-Wall St drops for third day as Fed concerns continue
- Healthcare: RLPC-Bankers prepare 700 mln euros of debt for Ceva stake sale
- Consumer: High-profile venture capitalists cut back roles at Accel Partners
- Energy: UPDATE 2-Canada's CPPIB to buy farmland portfolio in Saskatchewan
- Industrials: Round Hill in advanced talks to sell German property firm -sources
- M&As: Asia-Pacific M&A volume falls for 3rd consecutive year, deal size grows
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Anadarko, Kerr-McGee found liable for damages in Tronox bankruptcy
- IPOs: Indian FX/debt factors to watch - Dec 13
- Hedge Funds: New hedge funds need $300 million in assets just to break even
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 1-China official says has "substantial" evidence in Qualcomm antitrust case - media
- Deal to quell budget wars sails through U.S. House |
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- U.S. Congress poised to limit contractor pay: Is $487,000 a year enough?
- Central African Republic humanitarian crisis mounts even as attacks ease |
- Egyptian police fire teargas and water cannon on protesters
- U.N. Iran panel chair urges states to keep enforcing sanctions
- U.N. confirms chemical arms were used repeatedly in Syria
- With Brazil-U.S. links frosty, Hollande pushes jet deal
- Biden, Japan PM Abe discuss East China Sea dispute
- U.S. Congress, CIA still feuding over interrogations and secret prisons