SAN FRANCISCO, May 23 - Khosla Ventures said on Thursday it is adding another new hire to its investment team: Ben Ling, who brings additional consumer-Internet expertise to Khosla, known for investing a substantial chunk of its portfolio in cleantech companies.
* Investors bet company will benefit from global e-commerce growth
May 23 - Private equity firm Apax Partners LLP has agreed to acquire rue21 Inc for about $1.1 billion, attracted by the teen-apparel retailer's growth and cash flow and keen to add to a retail portfolio that includes Cole Haan and Takko Fashion.
SAN FRANCISCO, May 23 - Ride-sharing service Lyft said it had raised $60 million from venture-capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, underscoring the growing appeal of services that tap into consumers' willingness to share goods and services for a fee.
HONG KONG, May 23 - GDC Technology Ltd, a Chinese digital cinema equipment maker backed by private equity firm Carlyle Group, has applied for a listing on U.S. stock exchange Nasdaq of up to $75 million.
DETROIT, May 23 - Tom LaSorda, the former chief executive of Chrysler Group LLC and Fisker Automotive, is launching a venture capital fund with racing magnate Roger Penske to invest in technology startups.
May 22 - Shares of cloud-based e-commerce software provider ChannelAdvisor Corp soared as much as 39 percent in their debut, as enterprise software makers continue to draw investor attention with their strong revenue models.
LONDON, May 23 - High investor demand for scarce US leveraged loans is forcing managers of new Collateralised Loan Obligation (CLO) funds to include delayed draw tranches to buy time to build up leveraged loan portfolios and keep the issuance of new CLO funds on track.
STOCKHOLM, May 23 - Norway's Orkla, Danish brewer Royal Unibrew and private equity firm Nordic Capital have proceeded to the second round of bidding for Heineken's Finnish division Hartwall, three people familiar with the matter said.
May 23 - KKR & Co LP in investor day: * Private equity co-head Alex Navab says its buyout funds could generate $4.5 to $7 of cash carry per share over time
- M&As: UPDATE 1-RLPC: Icahn seeks up to $7 bln for Dell bid
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 2-Ally to pay $2.1 bln to settle claims tied to ResCap
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Dutch aluminum products maker Constellium shares fall in debut
- Hedge Funds: Toscafund bullish on UK economy and stock market
- Regulatory News: Commodities trader sues BP, others for alleged price fixing
- Obama limits use of U.S. drone strikes, offers steps to close Guantanamo
- Jobs, housing data show economy has some muscle
- British police arrest two more over London attack |
- Insight: In attacker's argot, Londoners shocked to hear one of their own
- EU probes ally of Kosovo PM, ambassador for war crimes
- Kerry meets Israelis, Palestinians in bid to revive talks
- One dead, around 10 injured in Guinea opposition protest
- Italy's Berlusconi in tax fraud scheme as PM, judges say
- Boy Scouts of America set to vote on gay youth ban
- Congo has chance for peace, U.N. ready to enforce: Ban