(Refiles to add reporters' contact information with no changes to text)
BRUSSELS, Oct 23 - The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
(Repeats for additional subscribers. For more Reuters DEALTALKS, double-click on DEALTALK)
NEW YORK, Oct 23 - When it comes to expanding in the $1.9 trillion exchange-traded fund market, which some forecasts say will pass the traditional mutual fund industry in size within 10 years, some companies have concluded it's better to buy than to build.
HONG KONG, Oct 23 - China Grand Automotive Services, the country's largest car dealership, has decided to put on hold an up to $800 million Hong Kong initial public offering, IFR reported on Thursday, citing a source with direct knowledge of the plans.
* China, HK fees account for 55 pct of AsiaPac region in 2014
Oct 22 - Texas tycoon Sam Wyly, who filed for bankruptcy this week, is trying to exhaust his fortune through exorbitant spending to impede the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's collection of a $198.1 million fraud claim against him, the regulator told a U.S. judge on Wednesday.
* BGC commences all-cash tender offer of $5.25 a share for GFI
NEW YORK, Oct 22 - Goldman Sachs Group on Wednesday attacked expert evidence offered by attorneys for former female employees in a U.S. federal sex discrimination lawsuit, arguing there was no pattern of gender-based pay and promotion disparities at the bank.
Oct 22 - The following financial services industry appointments were announced on Wednesday. To inform us of other job changes, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Technology: UPDATE 1-EMC to buy much of Cisco's stake in joint venture VCE
- Healthcare: UPDATE 1-Humana looks to sell urgent care subsidiary Concentra -sources
- Consumer: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Energy: Deals of the day- Mergers and acquisitions
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-Private equity eyes $13 bln Bayer plastics business - sources
- M&As: UPDATE 3-Mercedes-Benz narrows profit gap with German rivals
- Bankruptcy: Brazil OKs bankruptcy protection petition for Batista unit MMX Sudeste
- IPOs: Russia's Rosneft CEO sees share price at no less than $8.12 at possible stake sale
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund exit requests drop to nine-month low
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 1-EU requests clarification on Italy's "breach" of budget goals
Free Deals Newsletter
Any Americans believing that their country is being bought up by the Chinese might want to think again, according to the Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment.
Exercitationem Consequuntur Unde Nostrum. Dicta Sunt Aliquip Non. Proident Sed Error Voluptas Nemo.