LAS VEGAS - The regulator of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac said on Monday it was developing rules to let Americans buy homes with down payments as low as 3 percent, part of a push to boost access to credit.
NEW YORK - Texas tycoon Sam Wyly has filed for bankruptcy, saying he does not have the assets to pay the nearly $300 million that U.S. regulators are demanding for his role in a fraudulent offshore scheme.
- Trinity Industries Inc may need to pay $525 million or more, mostly to the U.S. government, after a federal jury found the company liable on Monday for failing to tell a highway agency about changes it made to a guardrail system.
NEW YORK - A Toronto man accused by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission of insider trading in Herbalife Ltd on Monday sued the federal regulator to stop it from pursuing its case.
WASHINGTON - The top two lawmakers on the Senate's antitrust panel have urged regulators to scrutinize food distributor Sysco Corp's planned purchase of rival U.S. Foods for $3.5 billion.
WASHINGTON - Wall Street's top trade group is calling for the creation of a new inter-agency working group of regulators and the White House that would be tasked with developing consistent cybersecurity rules for the financial industry.
LONDON - Regulators should not get involved in setting the culture of a bank, which should remain the preserve of individual firms as they try to restore trust, the chairman of Barclays said on Monday.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear two former senior Duane Reade Inc[OKHLPD.UL] executives' appeals of their 2010 securities fraud convictions for inflating earnings at the New York drugstore chain.
LONDON - Banks who submit quotes for compiling Libor interest rates will have to follow a manual of instructions to avoid a repeat of the rigging seen in the past, the benchmark's new administrator said on Monday.
LONDON - Global regulators will fast-track work on finalizing a key benchmark to measure bank capital even as countries begin applying their own higher ratios, a top regulator said on Monday.
- Financial: UPDATE 1-Banks should defer bonuses 10 years, tap them for fines -Fed official
- Technology: Platts says not charged with wrongdoing after EU ethanol trade raids
- Healthcare: UPDATE 1-Canadian sues SEC to stop Herbalife insider trading case
- Consumer: UPDATE 2-Texas investor Sam Wyly files for bankruptcy after losing SEC fraud case
- Energy: Private fuel retailers to dip toe, not dive back, into India
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-Trinity faces $525 mln in damages after U.S. guardrail trial
- M&A: Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest - Oct 21
- Bankruptcy: CORRECTED-U.N. officials tour Detroit to assess impact of water shutoffs
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Shell Midstream Partners expects IPO to be priced at $19-$21/unit
- Private Capital: INDIA PRESS-TA Associates eyes Motilal Oswal's 12 pct stake in AU Financiers - Economic Times
- Hedge Funds: Man Group's shares surge as inflows surprise, assets rise