SEOUL South Korea's government plans to expand tax benefits for research and development of robotics and other technologies as it seeks out industries that could become new economic growth engines.
NEW DELHI The Indian government on Wednesday made crucial amendments to its goods and services tax bill in a move to enlist the support of opposition parties as well as state governments.
A Russian whistleblower who helped uncover the biggest doping scandal in decades has told Reuters that the International Olympic Committee (IOC) is more concerned about protecting the organization than ridding world sport of drugs cheats.
VANCOUVER British Columbia introduced a new 15 percent property transfer tax on foreign real estate buyers in Vancouver on Monday, one of new measures geared at increasing affordability in the city's red-hot housing market.
CHENGDU, China Frequent changes to tax regimes create uncertainty, U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew said on Saturday at a G20 meeting of finance ministers and central bankers aimed at promoting economic growth.
SHANGHAI Chinese tax revenue in the first half of 2016 was up 9.4 percent on the year at 6.5 trillion yuan ($973.64 billion), the State Administration of Taxation said.
The Russian oil sector next year should return to a previously agreed tax plan, with oil export duty going down and mineral extraction tax (MET) rising further, Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak told Reuters in an interview.
BANGKOK "Want to win a million baht? Go for e-payment," says Thailand's junta, offering a lucky draw as an incentive to use a new online payment scheme for business, in an effort to bring some of the massive informal economy onto the books and boost tax revenues.
JAKARTA The Indonesian government on Monday started the implementation of its new tax amnesty program as it seeks to boost tax revenues by encouraging the repatriation of funds stashed abroad.
OTTAWA Canada's tax authority is probing real estate deals in British Columbia for underpayment of taxes, amid a boom in sales, prices and property flipping, and said on Friday it is not specifically focusing on foreign investors.
- Financial: U.S. authorities subpoena Goldman in 1MDB probe -WSJ
- Technology: UPDATE 1-U.S. Judge denies Uber motion to compel arbitration in surge-pricing lawsuit
- Healthcare: UPDATE 1-Bayer says will halt future U.S. sales of insecticide
- Consumer: UPDATE 2-Tesla mulling two theories to explain 'Autopilot' crash: source
- Energy: UPDATE 2-Enbridge profit misses slightly, hurt by Fort McMurray wildfire
- Industrials: Judge denies Uber motion to compel arbitration in surge-pricing lawsuit
- M&A: Fosun strikes first Brazil deal with purchase of fund manager Rio Bravo
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Radient Technologies Inc announces Financial Results and Private Placement Offering
- IPOs: UK banks lining up to re-open AT1 market
- Private Capital: BRIEF-Immune Pharmaceuticals offers up to 3.2 mln shares
- Hedge Funds: Man Group's funds fall in first half, Brexit yet to hit flows