NEW YORK - JPMorgan Chase & Co, the largest U.S. bank, agreed to pay $99.5 million to settle its portion of an antitrust lawsuit in which investors accuse 12 major banks of rigging prices in the $5.3 trillion-a-day foreign exchange market.
FRANKFURT - German carmaker BMW and car supplier Bosch [ROBG.UL] said on Saturday they would join Deutsche Bahn [DBN.UL] in two claims for about 2.1 billion euros ($2.4 billion) in damages from air freight carriers who were involved in a cartel.
BEIJING - China Minsheng Banking Corp said on Saturday that its president Mao Xiaofeng had resigned for personal reasons, hours after several Chinese media outlets reported he was being investigated by China’s anti-corruption watchdog.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. regulator of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac on Friday proposed new eligibility rules for nonbanks selling and servicing mortgages backed by the government-controlled mortgage agencies.
WASHINGTON - U.S. regulators will review a $3 billion discount claimed by Dish Network Corp and partners including investment management company BlackRock Inc during a U.S. government wireless spectrum auction that ended this week.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration must insist that U.S. trading partners pledge not to manipulate currencies when negotiating trade deals, the Senate Committee on Finance chairman said on Friday.
NEW YORK - A former information technology employee at the defunct digital currency exchange Liberty Reserve was sentenced on Friday to three years in a U.S. prison for his role in concealing what authorities described as a massive money laundering business for criminals worldwide.
WASHINGTON - Food distributor Sysco Corp and its biggest rival, US Foods Inc , have offered to sell a smaller competitor 11 facilities in order to convince skeptical antitrust regulators to approve their $3.5 billion merger, a source briefed on the matter told Reuters.
- The former chief executive of Sentinel Management Group Inc in suburban Chicago was sentenced on Friday to 14 years in prison, after being convicted of running what federal prosecutors called a $666 million fraud.
- Financial: Lafarge SA, Holcim near deal to sell $7 bln in assets to CRH -WSJ
- Technology: Dish's $3 bln wireless auction discount up for U.S. regulator review
- Healthcare: Chimerix to stop participation in clinical studies of Ebola drug
- Consumer: McDonald's to slow Russia expansion due to fall in rouble
- Energy: UPDATE 5-Mexico cuts spending on oil shock, shelves tainted rail project
- Industrials: BMW, Bosch join Deutsche Bahn in airline cartel damages claim
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Abu Dhabi's Waha Capital to invest $870 mln cash bounty - CEO
- Bankruptcy: CORRECTED-Brazil court seizes some of builder OAS's shares in Invepar
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
- Private Capital: MOVES-Elliott Management names Steven Kasoff fourth equity partner -WSJ
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund profits drop 30 percent in 2014, bonus pool shrinks