WASHINGTON The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission was set to vote on Wednesday on rules that would govern swaps involving foreign dealers with trading desks on U.S. soil.
HSBC has been sued by the families of U.S. citizens murdered by drug gangs in Mexico, claiming the bank let cartels launder billions of dollars to operate their business.
SINGAPORE/MUMBAI India's decision to effectively ban Facebook's pared-back free Internet service is a major blow to the social network's plans, and may prompt other regulators to demand equal online access for their users.
WASHINGTON Monsanto Co will pay $80 million to settle civil accounting violations after it allegedly misstated its earnings in connection with its top-selling Roundup product, U.S. securities regulators said on Tuesday.
NEW YORK A U.S. judge said Tuesday that he would likely delay the release of a report detailing how well HSBC Holdings Plc has complied with anti-money laundering requirements until a federal appeals court could weigh in.
BRUSSELS European Union antitrust regulators are investigating several banks for possible rigging of the $1.5 trillion government-sponsored bond market, the Financial Times reported on Tuesday.
NEW YORK Shareholders of the former GFI Group Inc may pursue a lawsuit accusing two top executives of fraudulently causing them to sell their stock prematurely as part of a plan to take the firm's main brokerage unit private, a federal judge ruled on Tuesday.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Comptroller's office said on Tuesday that U.S. Bank will pay a $10 million penalty and Santander a $3.4 million penalty to lift 2011 consent orders related to mortgage practices.
WASHINGTON U.S. securities regulators are investigating whether former top executives at Salix Pharmaceuticals misled investors in connection with the company's 2014 disclosure that its drug inventory levels were much higher than previously reported, according to a person familiar with the probe.
BERLIN German environmental lobby group DUH stepped up its campaign against auto industry pollution on Tuesday, accusing Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' 500X compact sport-utility vehicle of releasing excessive levels of toxic diesel emissions.
- Financial: PRESS DIGEST- British Business - Feb 10
- Technology: UPDATE 1-Facebook's India stumble could embolden other regulators
- Healthcare: FDA puts full clinical hold on CTI BioPharma's blood cancer drug
- Consumer: Herbalife foe releases video of former sellers claiming they were duped
- Energy: EU mergers and takeovers (Feb 5)
- Industrials: Michigan governor says to request another $195 mln for Flint water
- M&A: UPDATE 2-Chinese consortium offers $1.23 bln for Norway's Opera
- Bankruptcy: Australian coal baron quits CEO job after being declared bankrupt
- IPOs: AT1 market hits rock bottom, puts sector in jeopardy
- Private Capital: BRIEF-Banco Popolare CEO sees 600-650 mln euro bad loan sale in H1
- Hedge Funds: Ex-CQs, ex-Bluegold Capital managers to launch hedge fund - source