April 24 - U.S. food and grain-handling companies ConAgra Foods Inc, Cargill Inc and CHS Inc have moved closer to sealing a deal to merge their North American flour mill operations by agreeing to sell four mills to a Japanese company.
MILAN, April 24 - The U.S. Department of Justice has asked Italian oil services group Saipem for information on a probe into alleged corruption in Algeria, the group's CFO said on Thursday.
DETROIT, April 24 - General Motors Co said on Thursday that first-quarter profit tumbled 88 percent after a massive recall due to defective ignition switches, but results still topped expectations on strong pricing for its redesigned pickup trucks in North America and improvement overseas.
(Recasts throughout; adds comment from analysts, e-cigarette makers, public health advocates)
TORONTO, April 24 - Canada's Conservative government proposed a new voluntary pension plan option on Thursday that would see investment risks shouldered by both employers and employees.
NEW YORK, April 24 - Money manager and arts patron Alberto Vilar was resentenced on Thursday to 10 years in prison, a year longer than previously, in connection with his 2008 conviction for fraud and money laundering.
WASHINGTON, April 24 - In an unusual move, three top officials with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission on Thursday came out in opposition to laws that ban automakers like Tesla Motors Inc from selling their automobiles directly to consumers.
April 24 - * Former money manager alberto vilar sentenced to 10 years prison for
WASHINGTON, April 24 - In an unusual move, three top officials with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission on Thursday came out in opposition to laws that ban automakers like Tesla Motors Inc, from selling their automobiles directly to consumers.
* Buddhist leaders, opposition renew protest against casino
- Financial: Aetna CEO says has 'bias' to maintain exchange markets in 2015
- Technology: BRIEF-Time Warner Cable CEO comments on proposed FCC net neutrality rules
- Healthcare: Alstom shareholder Bouygues says backs strategy, no GE comment
- Consumer: BRIEF-GM CFO SAYS TOO EARLY TO PREDICT ADDITIONAL RECALL CHARGES COMING
- Energy: PRESS DIGEST- British Business - April 24
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-Foxconn to decide fate of Indonesia project in Oct-source
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Elizabeth Arden hires Goldman to explore sale -sources
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-London's Gherkin skyscraper enters receivership
- IPOs: Bartlett and de Ruiter promoted in RBS investment bank shake-up
- Private Capital: UPDATE 3-Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 bln in latest consolidation
- Hedge Funds: Apocalypse Now? China 'bears' hope for their "told you so" moment
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Apple's sales boom in communist Vietnam
- Strong durable goods orders buoy growth outlook
- GM posts lower profit after recall; core outlook on target
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies |
- Three Americans killed in Kabul hospital attack |
- Israel suspends peace talks with Palestinians: Israeli official
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- London's Gherkin skyscraper enters receivership
- Chemical weapons watchdog weighs chlorine attack probe in Syria: sources