TOKYO Japan's top government spokesman on Wednesday denied a newspaper report that Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is likely to delay a sales tax hike planned for next year.
TOKYO Japan should press ahead with a planned sales tax hike in 2017 unless there is a major economic shock, as its economy appears to be stabilizing after the market turbulence earlier this year, an adviser to Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Tuesday.
TOKYO A group of Japan's ruling lawmakers has urged Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to proceed with a planned sales tax hike next April and compile a supplementary budget to mitigate the impact of the tax on the sluggish economy.
NEW DELHI India's opposition Congress party on Thursday refused to relax the conditions it has laid down for backing the passage of a goods & services tax bill in parliament, further clouding the outlook for the landmark reform.
LISBON Saddled with back-taxes and other debts, an Italian restaurateur in Portugal left the pizzas aside, took a plastic replica pistol and held up a dozen banks to pay the tax man, court officials and local media said on Wednesday.
TOKYO Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will meet his coalition party leader to discuss a sales tax hike on Wednesday, sources told Reuters.
TOKYO Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has decided to delay a sales tax hike set for next April as it would threaten the nation's efforts to beat prolonged deflation, the Nikkei business daily reported on Saturday.
BEIJING China said it has signed a multilateral agreement to share tax information on multinational companies, paving the way for it to join the fight on global tax avoidance.
NEW YORK A Manhattan federal judge on Thursday revived a whistleblower claim by a former Agricultural Bank of China Ltd chief compliance officer in her $8 million discrimination lawsuit against the Chinese state-owned bank.
MUMBAI India's move to plug suspected losses in tax revenue through Mauritius, a top source of foreign investments into the country, has not sent financial markets into a tailspin as it would have just a few years ago.
- Financial: RPT-Norway to regulate $850 billion fund's tax haven exposure-lawmakers
- Technology: PRESS DIGEST - Wall Street Journal - May 26
- Healthcare: BRIEF-FDA recommends approval of Sanofi treatment for Type 2 Diabetes
- Consumer: PRESS DIGEST- British Business - May 26
- Energy: Colombia court rules local governments can restrict mining projects
- Industrials: UPDATE 2-Australian watchdog deals blow to $6.5 bln Asciano bid
- M&A: Takata steering committee talking with KKR, several other funds -source
- Bankruptcy: MIDEAST STOCKS - Factors to watch - May 26
- IPOs: Lloyds bank shares reach break-even point for UK government sale
- Private Capital: RPT-DONG Energy IPO pricing indicates market value of up to $16 bln
- Hedge Funds: Hedge funds, anticipating ECB buys, move into long-dated euro zone debt