DETROIT - Ford Motor Co posted a third-quarter profit that trounced Wall Street forecasts on Tuesday, driven by higher vehicle prices and record profit margins of 12 percent in North America.
- Eastman Kodak Co on Tuesday said its third-quarter loss grew 41 percent from a year earlier, reflecting restructuring and other costs as the bankrupt camera pioneer shifts its business focus toward printing from photography.
LONDON - British oil group BP Plc raised its dividend on Tuesday, confident it can fight back from a devastating U.S. oil spill with a big pile of cash, a rejigged business in Russia and a focus on exploration and production.
MILAN - Fiat SpA sharply cut its performance targets for the next two years, saying languishing sales in austerity-hit Europe may lop off a third of its previous projections for 2014 trading profit.
SAN FRANCISCO - Video game publisher Electronic Arts Inc forecast third-quarter earnings below Wall Street targets on Tuesday after its "Medal of Honor: Warfighter" title fell short of expectations for a crowded holiday season.
- DigitalGlobe Inc posted better-than-expected quarterly results and raised its full-year sales forecast for the third time this year on increased sales of its satellite images to businesses and U.S. intelligence agencies.
- U.S. Steel Corp , the top steel producer in the United States by volume, warned that its current quarter would be hurt by the global slowdown, joining rivals Nucor Inc and AK Steel Holding Corp in forecasting weak results.
- Hospital operator Community Health Systems Inc reported third-quarter profit that exceeded analysts' estimates, but it trimmed its full-year profit forecast due to higher interest expense and a delayed payment from a California Medicaid program.
- Life and mortgage insurer Genworth Financial Inc posted a third-quarter profit, compared with a loss a year earlier, as losses narrowed at its U.S. mortgage insurance unit.
- DineEquity Inc , the owner of Applebee's and IHOP restaurant brands, on Tuesday reported third-quarter earnings that beat Wall Street expectations, helped by a gain on the sale of restaurants to franchisees.