- Shares of Tableau Software Inc rose as much as 68 percent in their trading debut as investors expect the rising interest in big data to power the data analysis software maker's growth.
DETROIT - General Motors Co shares on Friday topped their 2010 initial public offering price, which will help the automaker's largest shareholder, the U.S. Treasury, pare its losses.
LONDON - Shares in state-backed Lloyds Banking Group rose above the level which the government sees as its break-even price after its 20.5 billion pound ($31.4 billion) rescue of the bank, raising hopes of a sale this year.
- Kohl's Corp said on Thursday it expects sales to rebound in the current quarter after bad weather in early spring hurt business at the department store chain.
- Network equipment maker Aruba Networks Inc forecast fourth-quarter results well below Wall Street expectations hurt by rising competition from Cisco Systems Inc , sending its shares down 17 percent after the bell.
- Autodesk Inc's first-quarter results missed market expectations on sales declines in the Americas and emerging markets, prompting the maker of AutoCAD design software to cut its full-year revenue forecast.
- Shares of NetApp Inc jumped 7 percent on Thursday after Bloomberg cited unidentified sources as saying activist investor Elliott Management has taken a "significant" stake in the company and intends to push for changes to the board and cash return strategy.
- Shares of Cisco Systems Inc rose as much as 14 percent on Thursday, a day after the company reported quarterly results and financial targets that were better than Wall Street expected.
- William Lyon Homes Inc's shares opened 5 percent above their IPO price in their market debut, valuing the homebuilder at more than $800 million.
CHICAGO/NEW YORK - Shares of drugmaker Bristol-Myers Squibb Co rose to a 10-year high on Wednesday ahead of results of an early stage trial for its new melanoma treatment, with heavy betting in the options market suggesting investors see more gains in the stock.
No related dividends are currently scheduled within the next 7 days.