SAN FRANCISCO - Investors piled into Twitter Inc for the second straight day, lifting its shares to more than $52 and setting a new intraday high on Tuesday even in the absence of any significant announcements from the social media debutante.
- MasterCard Inc , the world's No.2 credit and debit card company, announced a 1-for-10 stock split and raised its quarterly dividend by 83 percent, sending its shares up 3 percent to their life-high in extended trading.
- Shares of Scripps Networks Interactive soared more than 11 percent after the market closed on Tuesday on a news report that Discovery Communications is considering a bid for the sought-after cable company.
- Smith & Wesson Holdings Corp reported better-than-expected second-quarter results as sales of handguns increased in the wake of a fresh push for gun control by U.S. President Barack Obama.
- Teen apparel retailer Urban Outfitters Inc said in a filing on Tuesday that comparable sales in its retail segment were up so far by a "mid-single-digit" percentage in the fourth quarter, which includes the holiday season.
- Wireless chipmaker Broadcom Corp said current-quarter revenue would likely be above its earlier forecast due to better-than-expected demand across all its units.
TORONTO - Shares of Chorus Aviation Inc jumped nearly 8 percent on Tuesday after the Canadian regional carrier increased its dividend by 50 percent in response to a favorable rate ruling by an arbitration panel last month.
STOCKHOLM - Shares in bath and toilet maker Sanitec jumped on their first day of trading after Sweden's biggest listing in seven years met with strong demand from investors betting on a pick up in Europe's long-suffering construction industry.
- Medical device maker Hologic Inc named a former Stryker Corp CEO as its chief executive, and said it appointed two directors backed by Carl Icahn to its board as part of a settlement with the activist investor.
- Struggling trucker YRC Worldwide Inc said it expected annual savings of up to $100 million if union members vote to extend the employment of about 26,000 workers until March 2019.
No related dividends are currently scheduled within the next 7 days.