NEW YORK - Shares of Saks Inc climbed higher Tuesday after the New York Post reported that the luxury department store chain hired Goldman Sachs to explore strategic alternatives, including a possible sale, citing a source briefed on the matter.
SAO PAULO - Shares of Brazil's Embraer SA , the world's third-largest commercial planemaker, jumped on Tuesday after the company announced a deal with regional airline group SkyWest Inc that could grow to 200 aircraft and a total price tag of more than $8 billion.
LONDON - Shares in satellite firm Inmarsat rose on expectations that Dish Network Corp's bid for the spectrum assets of its U.S. partner LightSquared may lead to a resumption of payments to the British company under an airwaves-sharing deal.
- Herbalife Ltd said on Tuesday it has engaged PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as its auditor, replacing KPMG in the wake of alleged insider trading.
- Teen apparel retailer Urban Outfitters Inc's sales missed analysts' estimates even as reduced discounting helped shore up profit in the first quarter.
- OSI Systems Inc said the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has issued it a "proposed debarment notice" related to privacy concerns over its full-body passenger scanners used in airports, limiting the company's ability to sign new federal government contracts until the issue is resolved.
- Ryder System <R.N), a truck rental and supply chain management company, could see its shares rise as much as 20 percent, according to a Barron's report.
- Shares of Tableau Software Inc rose as much as 68 percent in their trading debut as investors expect the rising interest in big data to power the data analysis software maker's growth.
DETROIT - General Motors Co shares on Friday topped their 2010 initial public offering price, which will help the automaker's largest shareholder, the U.S. Treasury, pare its losses.
LONDON - Shares in state-backed Lloyds Banking Group rose above the level which the government sees as its break-even price after its 20.5 billion pound ($31.4 billion) rescue of the bank, raising hopes of a sale this year.
No related dividends are currently scheduled within the next 7 days.