Gainers & Losers
- Adobe Systems Inc, the maker of Photoshop and Acrobat software, forecast current-quarter results below analysts' estimates but reported a 22 percent jump in the number of subscribers to its Creative Cloud suite from the preceding quarter.
- Shares of Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc , the world's largest hotel operator, rose more than 9 percent in afternoon trading during their New York Stock Exchange debut on Thursday. | Video
- American Airlines Group Inc said on Thursday it ordered 90 regional jets from Embraer SA and Bombardier Inc in deals worth about $4 billion at list prices as it upgrades to a more efficient fleet to lower operating costs.
TORONTO - Lululemon Athletica Inc warned on Thursday that fewer customers visiting its stores will hit its sales in the crucial fourth quarter, acknowledging that negative press surrounding a product recall and comments by its founder had hurt sales of its trendy yogawear.
- Luxury furniture retailer Restoration Hardware Holdings Inc said its co-chief executive, Carlos Alberini, had resigned, effective January 31.
- Network equipment maker Ciena Corp forecast current-quarter revenue largely below Wall Street estimates as its telecom customers held back on spending in the last few months of the year.
PARIS - Shares in PSA Peugeot Citroen tumbled 10 percent on Thursday, representing a 430 million euros ($592 million) wipeout in market capitalization, after the car maker unveiled a big writedown and confirmed it is mulling a capital increase.
LONDON - Newly-privatized Royal Mail Group will join Britain's top share index following a strong share price performance since its stock market debut, FTSE confirmed on Wednesday, two months to the day after its listing.
- Shares of Autohome Inc , an owner of Chinese car sales websites, rose as much as 83 percent in their U.S. market debut on Wednesday, valuing the company at about $3.2 billion.
LONDON - Royal Bank of Scotland chief Ross McEwan faced a fresh management headache on Wednesday as the surprise departure of Finance Director Nathan Bostock created a senior vacancy as the group attempts to navigate through a period of upheaval. | Video