AB Science SA: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
AB Science SA Reports Positive Clinical Study Data: Masitinib Significantly Extends Overall Survival in Patients with Gleevec-resistant Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors
AB Science SA announced encouraging results from a phase 2 study with its investigational drug, masitinib, in Gleevec-resistant gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST). Masitinib significantly improved overall survival in patients with GIST as compared to Sutent (sunitinib) from Pfizer. In this study, 44 patients with inoperable, locally advanced or metastatic GIST and showing disease progression while treated with Gleevec (imatinib) (400 to 800 mg/day) received either masitinib (23 patients) at 12 mg/kg/day or Sutent (21 patients) until progression. After a median follow-up of 14 months, median overall survival was not reached for masitinib versus 15 months for Sutent (p=0.022 HR:3.2). After 18 months, 79% of patients treated with masitinib were still alive, versus 20% for patients treated with Sutent. After 2 years, 53% of patients treated with masitinib were still alive, versus 0% for the patients treated with Sutent. The study also demonstrated that masitinib was significantly better tolerated than Sutent. The safety profile of masitinib was better than that of sunitinib, with a significantly longer Safety Event Free Survival (p=0.002), and a lower occurrence of severe adverse events. In masitinib treated patients, nausea, diarrhea and asthenia were the most common related adverse events. Full data has been submitted for publication to the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2012 Annual Meeting.
Latest Developments for Ab Science SA
- AB Science SA Passes Futility Analysis in Pivotal Clinical Study in Mastocytosis
- AB Science SA Announces Positive Results of Amyothropic Lateral Sclerosis Efficacy Experiments with Masitinib
- AB Science SA and Skuldtech Announce the Identification of New Predictive Markers for Pancreatic Cancer Survival Associated with Masitinib Treatment
- AB Science SA Announces that European Medicines Agency Accepts Marketing Application for Masitinib in the Treatment of Gleevec resistant Gastro-Intestinal Stromal Tumor
Latest Key Developments in Pharmaceuticals
- MEDRx Co Ltd gives consolidated full-year outlook for FY 2013
- Astellas Pharma Inc updates on plan to transfer business to Nichi-iko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- HANDOK Inc. to acquire pharmaceutical business of PACIFIC PHARMACEUTICAL CO.,LTD
- FDA advisory committee recommends AstraZeneca PLC And Bristol-Myers Squibb Co investigational SGLT2 inhibitor dapagliflozin
- Share this
- Digg this