Active Biotech AB: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
Provider: MarketLine (a Datamonitor Company)
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
Active Biotech AB and Ipsen SA's Tasquinimod Shows Encouraging Overall Survival Improvement in Castrate Resistant Prostate Cancer
Active Biotech AB and Ipsen SA presented overall survival (OS) data from the tasquinimod Phase II study in chemotherapy-naive metastatic castrate resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) at the scientific conference "2012 ASCO Annual Meeting" held in Chicago (USA). The intention-to-treat analysis showed median overall survival times (OS) of 33.4 vs. 30.4 months (p= 0.49, HR 0.87, 95% CI 0.59-1.29, ITT) in favor of tasquinimod, longer than previously reported in this metastatic prostate cancer population. A stronger trend for survival benefit is observed in patients with bone metastases; median OS was 34.2 vs. 27.1 months (p=0.19, HR 0.73, 95% CI 0.46-1.17). This phase II clinical trial was designed to test the safety and efficacy of tasquinimod. Noteworthy, 41 (61%) patients crossed-over from placebo to tasquinimod (mean time to cross-over approx. 5 months). Also, there were imbalances in baseline prognostic factor in favor of the placebo arm. These were addressed with a multivariate analysis of known CRPC prognostic factors. It demonstrated a statistically significant OS advantage for tasquinimod treated patients with a hazard ratio (HR) of 0.64 (95% CI 0.42-0.97, p=0.034), a decrease of approximately 40% in the instantaneous risk of event (death), accompanied by improvement in progression-free survival (HR 0.52, 95% CI 0.35-0.78, p=0.001).
Latest Developments for Active Biotech AB
- Active Biotech AB and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Announce Post-Hoc Analyses of Phase III ALLEGRO and BRAVO Studies
- Active Biotech AB and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Publish Pre-Planned Analysis of Phase III ALLEGRO Study
- Active Biotech AB to Present Further Analysis Supporting Effect of ANYARA in Biomarker Defined Subgroup
- Active Biotech AB and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Announce Positive Results from Phase IIa Study of Laquinimod in Active Lupus Nephritis
Latest Key Developments in Biotechnology
- BioSpecifics Technologies Corp announces FDA approval of XIAFLEX for treatment of peyronie's disease
- Xencor Inc announces closing of initial public offering
- Genmab reaches milestone from Janssen and raises FY 2013 financial guidance
- Genmab says milestone from Lundbeck puts revenue at top end of FY 2013 outlook range
- Share this
- Digg this