Active Biotech AB: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.
Active Biotech AB and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Announce Results of Study on Laquinimod
Active Biotech AB announced that Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd and Active Biotech announced on March 21, 2013 top-line results from the open-label extension of the Phase III ALLEGRO study that assessed progression of disability and safety of oral laquinimod in early versus delayed-start relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) patients. The study compared effectiveness of laquinimod in patients who received 36 months (early-start) versus those who received 24 months of laquinimod treatment (delayed-start). Laquinimod is an oral, once daily, investigational drug in Phase III studies for RRMS. Of 864 RRMS patients who participated in the original double-blind ALLEGRO trial, 97% participated in the open-label extension and 87% completed one year of the open-label phase. During the entire study (double blind and open label phase), early start patients were less likely to experience disease progression than those with a delayed start of Laquinimod (11.8% risk of confirmed disability progression vs. 16.7%, HR = 0.62, p < 0.0038). The study also supports a favorable safety and tolerability profile of laquinimod in RRMS patients. No new safety concerns arose during the open-label phase. Additionally, a preclinical study in animal models demonstrated the ability of laquinimod to increase the myelinated axons and mature oligodendrocytes in the brain. This data suggests laquinimod has potential restorative and anti-inflammatory properties.
Latest Developments for Active Biotech AB
- Active Biotech AB and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Announce Post-Hoc Analyses of Phase III ALLEGRO and BRAVO Studies
- Active Biotech AB and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Publish Pre-Planned Analysis of Phase III ALLEGRO Study
- Active Biotech AB to Present Further Analysis Supporting Effect of ANYARA in Biomarker Defined Subgroup
- Active Biotech AB and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Announce Positive Results from Phase IIa Study of Laquinimod in Active Lupus Nephritis
Latest Key Developments in Biotechnology
- Avanir Pharmaceuticals receives Complete Response Letter (CRL) from FDA on AVP-825 NDA
- Affymax Inc. announces special cash distribution and appointment of new director and Chief Executive Officer
- Ablynx NV on track to start Phase III study in patients with acquired TTP in mid 2015
- LBT Innovations Limited completes Australian clinical trials of APAS technology
- Share this
- Digg this